aeroth88

Petition Approved! Expiration date?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my approval notice yesterday, which was a HUGE surprise because the USCIS website says they are processing I-129Fs dated May 1, and they received mine mid-June.

The expiration date of the notice is April 14, 2018. This only poses a problem because of finances, as we had anticipated at least 2-3 more months to save before getting the approval based on the website. Does the expiration date mean that he has to at least have submitted the visa application? Or does he also need to have an interview scheduled by then, too?

Also! Re: I-134 - when/where do I send this...?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, aeroth88 said:

I got my approval notice yesterday, which was a HUGE surprise because the USCIS website says they are processing I-129Fs dated May 1, and they received mine mid-June.

The expiration date of the notice is April 14, 2018. This only poses a problem because of finances, as we had anticipated at least 2-3 more months to save before getting the approval based on the website. Does the expiration date mean that he has to at least have submitted the visa application? Or does he also need to have an interview scheduled by then, too?

Also! Re: I-134 - when/where do I send this...?

Thank you!

Hello, congrats!

First of all the website is behind already as the date those reports are ran is behind ..that may be why the date is not correct. This is still only an Average time. Do not entirely rely on timelines everyone is so different ! (They last ran the report in september) 😕

I believe the date may be extended on your approval. That date is when you normally would need to have your interview by.

The i134 is brought with you to the interview. So have your fiance mail all the documents (original signature) to you. (You do not need their original documents such as birth certificate so do not have them mail that)

I'm noticing the interview will be in Canada (where I took my interview aswell) if you have any questions please feel free to ask. There is also a medical that needs to be done prior to your interview and can only be booked once you have an interview date. 

Edited by Marzena & Stephen
Report date september 30 on uscis site

Timeline

Side note ...you do not need to use the visa immediately after getting it. I would get the interview out of the way (you never know if there will be complications) once you have the visa you still have a few months to use it. 

Timeline

Thank you so much for your help!!! So you recommend getting the visa application out of the way and then having the interview scheduled.

Based on what I have read, the plan is for him to make the interview appointment, then subsequently the medical exam appointment. He would travel to Montreal, have the medical exam, hang out in a hotel for a few days while it is processed and the results received by the consulate where he then goes on an interview. Has to be all at the same time because he's traveling from NB. Does that sound about right?

Timeline

Hi there,

Yes, he would go to Montreal and have his medical exam first. They take a few days to process the medical exam and then he would have the interview. I ended up staying in Montreal for a week because the medical exam is processed on business days, so my husband (fiance at the time) came with me and we made a trip out of it. He would first schedule the appointment and then call medisys and they will set up the medical so that his results will be ready before his interview. The day before his interview, he will go pick up his medical results in a sealed envelope and bring them to the consulate on the day of the interview- they don't send them there for you.

As far as what the other poster said about waiting to use the visa, I personally got my visa in November and didn't enter the US until May and I had no issues, so I would agree that you should get the interview over with soon.

Best of luck!

Timeline
15 hours ago, aeroth88 said:

Thank you so much for your help!!! So you recommend getting the visa application out of the way and then having the interview scheduled.

Based on what I have read, the plan is for him to make the interview appointment, then subsequently the medical exam appointment. He would travel to Montreal, have the medical exam, hang out in a hotel for a few days while it is processed and the results received by the consulate where he then goes on an interview. Has to be all at the same time because he's traveling from NB. Does that sound about right?

Yes that's actually what I did 

They only have medicals interviews on Wednesdays

I had my medical on thursday (make sure there aren't any holidays otherwise add a day) and than picked it up Tuesday and went to the interview on Wednesday ! It went really good. Visa was in hand the same week.  Than you have time to decide on when to use it.

Timeline

Also that being said I had all my vaccinations done before my medical. If you need a vaccine done it can take a day longer. I would have him check if he has everything required before going to Montreal  it may be cheaper to get vaccines at home than in Montreal but they will do them if anything is missing. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Farah S said:

I have passed all the required process for K1 visa and submit my passport on  November 11,but I haven't received anything yet. Is it normal or there is any problem in my case?

regards,

Everyone's case is different. You have already gone to the interview and they took your passport? That is usually a good sign.  Sometimes there are issues or further investigations but normally if there is a major issue they wouldn't have taken the passport. Sometimes it's just administrative processing. 

Did you ask them to courier it to your home or were you suppose to pick it up?

Did you move at all?  Did you receive a tracking #? Did you follow up on the case tracker ? What does it say?

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.