Danette

For all you Tim Horton's coffee lovers

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hubby and I usually buy tins of Tim's coffee on ebay with the "middleman" costs, but out of curiosity, I emailed their customer service to ask if we could buy directly from them.

Got a speedy reply back that yes indeed you can buy directly from the coffee plant. Didn't ask if they sell individual cans as we buy it by the case (hubby drinks a pot a day so we go through it quite quickly). They ship fedex and take credit card orders. For anyone that would like the contact info here it is:

Maidstone Coffee Plant

Telephone: (585) 272-1040 Ext. 2221

Fax: (585) 272-8495

Address: 60 Mushroom Blvd Rochester, New York 14623

E-mail: coffee@timhortons.com

Oct 2005 visa received

Dec 24, 2005 Married in Vegas

Jan 29, 2006 sent AOS

April 19, 2006 AP approved...finally

Aug 30, 2006 AOS interview....approved

Sept 06...Received Green card

Timeline

Omgosh the plant is located in NY! Why don't they open more stores in the States :/

K1 Visa Journey

Met through an MMORPG: April 2005

Met in person: 9/23/2005

He proposed in front of Buckingham fountain: 8/20/2006

Sent I-129: 12/21/06

NOA1: 12/29/06

Touched: 3/27/06 (Happy belated bday to meee :P)

Received Email that they sent NOA2 yesterday!: 3/28/07

NOA2 in ze mail: 4/2/07

Called NVC to see if they have received the case and they haven't :( 4/13/07 and 4/19/07

NVC sent packet to MTL today! 4/24/07 (took 4 weeks from notice date)

MTL sent packet to my lawyer 5/2/07

Lawyer received Packet 3 finally! 5/17/07

Sent Packet 3 5/22/07

Now on the waiting list for an interview! 5/29/2007

Fiance gets his medical done: 7/16/07

Scheduled for Interview!: 10/24/07

Visa arrives!: 10/26/07

Fiance will be entering US: 1/18/08

Married: 2/4/08

Religious Ceremony: 4/5/08

AOS/EAD

Filling Date for AOS/EAD: 4/19/08

NOA: 5/01/08

Biometrics: 5/21/08

CSC Transfer Date 5/29/08

EAD Approved/Card Ordered 6/30/2008

EAD Card Arrived 7/11/2008

Green Card Production 7/23/2008

Removal of Conditions

Filing Date for RoC: 7/13/2010

Check Cashed: 7/15/2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have Tinms coffee in a can, and just doesnt taste the same!! Not even close in my opinion!! I belive one needs the 18% cream!!1

http://cgi.ebay.com/TIM-HORTONS-ROLL-UP-TH...1QQcmdZViewItem

Do you feel lucky? lol

Edited by flames9

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My brother (who worked as a manager at Timmy's for years) said that the coffee they use in the stores has just under the legal amount of caffine allowable in Canada in it. The home brew stuff doesn't have NEAR the same amount of caffine - they do it on purpose so that you will continue to come back to the store and pay the higher price per cup. Makes sense to me!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I have Tinms coffee in a can, and just doesnt taste the same!! Not even close in my opinion!! I belive one needs the 18% cream!!1

Do you feel lucky? lol

Figures it would have to be someone from Cape Breton where I'm from selling a coffee cup, what next lol lol

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you feel lucky? lol

Figures it would have to be someone from Cape Breton where I'm from selling a coffee cup, what next lol lol

hey if someone can sell couch contents ........

thats friggin hilarious tho......maybe this person is related to the red paper clip guy :unsure:

google.gif

Flames forgive me for saying this but...

I'm not a coffee drinker BUT what I really miss from Tim Horton's is my morning bagel. NOBODY can toast a bagel like Tim Horton's. Do you think they'd send me freshly toasted bagels too?

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Timeline

I much prefer Dunkin Donuts bagels over Tims!! Love DD Everything bagels!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Not shedding too many tears about the impending lack of Tim Horton's ... I'll be moving to Krispy Kreme territory!

However, I grew up in a small town and never even tasted Timmy's until I moved to the city for school.

I know, Bad Canadian - no donut.

~ Eka

Our Adventure:

08/2006: Met in World of Warcraft (Horde ftw!)

10/2006: Began communicating outside the game with emails/instant msgs/skype.

01/05/2007: In game proposal.

03/2007: First visit! (Canada)

03/07/2007: In person proposal.

K-1 Progress:

03/30/2007: Filed I-129F

04/09/2007: NOA1

04/13/2007: Touch

07/27/2007: Touch! (legit - no phone calls)

07/28/2007: NOA2! (status updated/email received)

07/30/2007: NOA2 Hard Copy

08/16/2007: Arrived at NVC

08/20/2007: NVC Hard Copy (sent)

08/22/2007: NVC Hard Copy (received)

08/31/2007: Packet 3 (received)

08/31/2007: Packet 3 (sent)

09/05/2007: Email from Consulate with (bad) interview date (Sept 24)

09/05/2007: Email to Consulate requesting (better) interview date (Sept 27)

09/06/2007: Email from Consulate - interview changed to Sept 27!

Medical: September 26 - Passed!

Interview: September 27 - Approved!

POE: September 29

Wedding Date: October 12

Bride-to-be: 'Eka' (Canada) Groom-to-be: 'Pyrrhic' (USA)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
My brother (who worked as a manager at Timmy's for years) said that the coffee they use in the stores has just under the legal amount of caffine allowable in Canada in it. The home brew stuff doesn't have NEAR the same amount of caffine - they do it on purpose so that you will continue to come back to the store and pay the higher price per cup. Makes sense to me!

I firmly believe that! My Tim's in the can isn't like the Tim's at the store. But hey...when you are desperate for Tim's, even the can will do!

Not shedding too many tears about the impending lack of Tim Horton's ... I'll be moving to Krispy Kreme territory!

However, I grew up in a small town and never even tasted Timmy's until I moved to the city for school.

I know, Bad Canadian - no donut.

~ Eka

Eh, I think it depends on the KK. The last cup of "coffee"...or at least it appeared to be coffee...was horrible! It was worse than Charbucks worst and I can't STAND Charbucks which is Starbucks for those who haven't a clue about what I'm ranting about. ;)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Timeline

Gods...Krispy Kreme is disgusting and a poor excuse for a donut :P The after taste is gross!

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline

I went on Ebay a few days back and bid/won a Tim hortons clock!! lol

Timeline

Lots of Timmys stuff on Ebay!! One could get a Tims uniform if one so desired,lol Maybe get my wife one to serve me coffee in the morning,lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.