thetexasbrat

Appointment Monday in London

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I-601 questions - My husband has been denied his visa-we have already gone through the process of the i-601 waiver and now he has an appointment on Monday. Can anyone tell me how the embassy goes about informing you of an aproval or disapproval?

Timeline
hi ,can i ask why he was denied ? and what did the notice for appointment say ? thanks ,andy.

He got denied for a crime invovlving morale turpitude, basically he got into a pub fight 10 years ago and got convicted of actual bodily harm. The letter just says he has an appointment.

Filed: Timeline
hi ,can i ask why he was denied ? and what did the notice for appointment say ? thanks ,andy.

He got denied for a crime invovlving morale turpitude, basically he got into a pub fight 10 years ago and got convicted of actual bodily harm. The letter just says he has an appointment.

hi ,seems odd ,not really sure how they would notify of approval/denial .seems strange they would ask him to come in ,did they ask to bring any docs ?passport etc?

Timeline

hi ,seems odd ,not really sure how they would notify of approval/denial .seems strange they would ask him to come in ,did they ask to bring any docs ?passport etc?

No Sir. Just a letter to come in. He did say it wasnt one of those post cards. It was an actual letter.

Timeline
i got denied but mine came via letter

So they didn't have you report to them? This is odd. It seems like the people on this forum got a letter either way and I know his medical and police certificate are still in date.

Timeline
well i wouldnt worry ,might give him a visa !! or lock him away forever !!{joke} i wish they would be more specific ,pisses me off ,its like the fxxxxxx gestapo !!

God I hope so. Thanks for your help and I hope you get to come over soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I-601 questions - My husband has been denied his visa-we have already gone through the process of the i-601 waiver and now he has an appointment on Monday. Can anyone tell me how the embassy goes about informing you of an aproval or disapproval?

Do you mean he was denied his visa at his initial immigrant visa interview and then was required to submit the waiver in London?

Did you receive any information from the embassy regarding the appointment?

Normally USCIS sends that approval notification to the appropriate Embassy for issuance of the immigrant visa. If the waiver is denied, the applicant will be notified in writing of that decision and the immigrant visa will not be issued.

Is it possible your appointment is in regard to something else i.e. fingerprints?

http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/ivwaiver.html

Form I-601 - Application for a Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility

Filing the Application

In certain circumstances, individuals who have been found ineligible for an immigrant visa under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) may file an Application for Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility (Form I-601). The I-601 and the Extreme Hardship Statements (PDF, 16Kb) are filed with the Consular Officer at the Embassy where the beneficiary of the petition applied for the Immigrant Visa. The Consular Officer sends the application for the waiver and all the required supporting documentation to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office with jurisdiction for adjudicating the application. If the waiver is approved, USCIS sends that approval notification to the appropriate Embassy for issuance of the immigrant visa. If the waiver is denied, the applicant will be notified in writing of that decision and the immigrant visa will not be issued.

Edited by kitkat1

Timeline

Do you mean he was denied his visa at his initial immigrant visa interview and then was required to submit the waiver in London?

Did you receive any information from the embassy regarding the appointment?

Normally USCIS sends that approval notification to the appropriate Embassy for issuance of the immigrant visa. If the waiver is denied, the applicant will be notified in writing of that decision and the immigrant visa will not be issued.

Is it possible your appointment is in regard to something else i.e. fingerprints?

http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/ivwaiver.html

Form I-601 - Application for a Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility

Filing the Application

In certain circumstances, individuals who have been found ineligible for an immigrant visa under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) may file an Application for Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility (Form I-601). The I-601 and the Extreme Hardship Statements (PDF, 16Kb) are filed with the Consular Officer at the Embassy where the beneficiary of the petition applied for the Immigrant Visa. The Consular Officer sends the application for the waiver and all the required supporting documentation to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office with jurisdiction for adjudicating the application. If the waiver is approved, USCIS sends that approval notification to the appropriate Embassy for issuance of the immigrant visa. If the waiver is denied, the applicant will be notified in writing of that decision and the immigrant visa will not be issued.

Hey there! Thanks for the response. He had his fingerprints done at the initial visa interview. His case on the web site for I-601 was moved to completed about a week before he got this appointment letter to go to the embassy. So maybe this is a good sign??? I hope so. Andy says they straight up sent him a denial letter so I am hoping this is a good thing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hey there! Thanks for the response. He had his fingerprints done at the initial visa interview. His case on the web site for I-601 was moved to completed about a week before he got this appointment letter to go to the embassy. So maybe this is a good sign??? I hope so. Andy says they straight up sent him a denial letter so I am hoping this is a good thing.

Seems like a good sign. I thought London always sent something to the petitioner and beneficiary as well indicating the decision, but according to their website "if the waiver is approved, USCIS sends that approval notification to the appropriate Embassy for issuance of the immigrant visa" so fingers crossed that this appointment is for issuance of his visa!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It sounds like a good sign to me, too, and I hope he gets some good news when he goes in Monday. :) As to why they've asked him to come in to the embassy, if they haven't specifically asked him to bring something, maybe they're missing his signature from one of the documents? I hope whatever it is, it's minor.

***I-130***

2006-10-11 I-130 NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

***I-129F***

2006-10-23 I-129F NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

2007-04-30 Interview--Visa Approved!

2007-05-07 Gary arrives in US

208 days from filing to interview

****EAD****

2007-05-15 Sent to Chicago

2007-05-22 NOA1

2007-06-12 Biometrics

2007-09-07 approved! (115 loooooong days)

2007-09-17 card received in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.