13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

We sent in waiver in mid Feb 2017

Didn't get NOA1 until late March (28) 2017

Check cashed March (30) 2017

Biometrics in April 2017

Approval August 02 2017

Total 4 months 5 days from date check was cashed....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

CA1515 - If you do not receive a Biometrics notice within one month after acceptance date, which is what happened to us, i called in and requested for an appointment notice to be sent (they specify that you must wait thirty days after NOA-1 date on letter in order to request biometrics appt, and the applicant must be on the call as well, because regardless if you are the petitioner, they will not give you any details. Did you sign up for text or email notifications? I submitted form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance with my application 

NewGirl - Let me give you an actual timeline 

5/02/17 Fingerprint fee received 
5/03/17 Acceptance date per I-797C
5/04/17 Case accepted notification via Text 
5/08/17 Receive I-797C notification via mail
5/10/17 email from NVC stating USCIS informed of I-601A 
6/1/17 called USCIS customer service for not receiving biometrics notice
6/5/17 received email from Lee Summit for service request##. Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local ASC.
6/10/17 received biometric appointment via postal mail

6/30/17 Biometric appointment 
9/2/17 Received hardship waiver approval letter with 8/28 approval date

Timeline
18 hours ago, LisVic said:

CA1515 - If you do not receive a Biometrics notice within one month after acceptance date, which is what happened to us, i called in and requested for an appointment notice to be sent (they specify that you must wait thirty days after NOA-1 date on letter in order to request biometrics appt, and the applicant must be on the call as well, because regardless if you are the petitioner, they will not give you any details. Did you sign up for text or email notifications? I submitted form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance with my application 

NewGirl - Let me give you an actual timeline 

5/02/17 Fingerprint fee received 
5/03/17 Acceptance date per I-797C
5/04/17 Case accepted notification via Text 
5/08/17 Receive I-797C notification via mail
5/10/17 email from NVC stating USCIS informed of I-601A 
6/1/17 called USCIS customer service for not receiving biometrics notice
6/5/17 received email from Lee Summit for service request##. Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local ASC.
6/10/17 received biometric appointment via postal mail

6/30/17 Biometric appointment 
9/2/17 Received hardship waiver approval letter with 8/28 approval date

Thank you that is good to know! I am working with a lawyer and they sent it out on either 10/27 or 10/30. When we were doing the paperwork we did opt to get email/text notifications but I have yet to get anything. Is it too soon or should I have received something by now?

Timeline

CA1515 - Your lawyer should have sent the application in a trackable format, meaning we sent ours certified mail and received the notice back with their stamp meaning they received it at the lockbox. I think you should have received something by now I sent via post office on 4/27/17 around 530 pm and within 1 week i got the text notification. Please ask them for the UPS or USPS tracking info because you dont have a case number yet and all of the 601 - A applications get sent to Summit Lee Missouri 

Timeline
2 hours ago, LisVic said:

CA1515 - Your lawyer should have sent the application in a trackable format, meaning we sent ours certified mail and received the notice back with their stamp meaning they received it at the lockbox. I think you should have received something by now I sent via post office on 4/27/17 around 530 pm and within 1 week i got the text notification. Please ask them for the UPS or USPS tracking info because you dont have a case number yet and all of the 601 - A applications get sent to Summit Lee Missouri 

I guess she didn't because I didn't receive anything. I confirmed with them again today and they did send it out. Hopefully i get a notice of receipt or something soon. :wacko: if i don't get anything in a  couple weeks like you said I will call to get biometrics appointment 

Timeline
3 hours ago, LisVic said:

You got your waiver accepted in 2 months?! That is awesome! 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/9/2017 at 10:14 AM, LisVic said:

Finally got an update! Got an email and text on 11/19/17 and checked was cashed on 11/20/2017. Thanks for your help! 

Timeline

I am happy to hear this CA1515 we got our case complete from NVC on the 14th (NVC received packet 9/28) and an email confirmation today (queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas). Also, the good thing is that this application has quite a high approval % per https://www.uscis.gov/tools/reports-studies/immigration-forms-data/data-set-all-uscis-application-and-petition-form-types. As of Q2 2017 it was around 94%.  

Timeline
30 minutes ago, LisVic said:

I am happy to hear this CA1515 we got our case complete from NVC on the 14th (NVC received packet 9/28) and an email confirmation today (queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas). Also, the good thing is that this application has quite a high approval % per https://www.uscis.gov/tools/reports-studies/immigration-forms-data/data-set-all-uscis-application-and-petition-form-types. As of Q2 2017 it was around 94%.  

CONGRATS! So exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time. Please update us on your interview. I hope we get approval I know from this point we wait about 4 more months. Thanks again for answering all my questions

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.