Citizen24

Urgent help needed!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi!

My grandfather (USC) applied for our green cards in 2005.

My mother is the principal applicant and my father and I get to accompany.

We got the letter from NVC dated 17 May 2017 that the procedure for us to obtain our green cards has been initiated.

SInce then, on the ceac website, all three of our names were visible for us to pay the fees, check our status, etc.

We have completed DS260 and sent in all our documents for review on 9 Sept 2017.

I turned 21 on Oct 28 and now, my name does not appear on our profile when we log on.

The priority date on I-130 is Sept 9, 2005 and the notice date is Nov 3, 2006.

Does this mean that I am no longer eligible to get my greencard? Doesn't CSPA apply to me?

Is there any way to fix this?

Please help.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Seems like your case was pending for 1 year 2 months. Your age will be calculated once your priority date becomes current. As of November 2017, the Visa Bulletin for F3 India is still at August 15, 2015. Your priority date may be current in a few months. Once it becomes current, your age when pd becomes current will be subtracted to the time your case was pending which is 1 year 2 months. You can give NVC a call at that time regarding your CSPA. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, sunsetdolphin said:

Seems like your case was pending for 1 year 2 months. Your age will be calculated once your priority date becomes current. As of November 2017, the Visa Bulletin for F3 India is still at August 15, 2015. Your priority date may be current in a few months. Once it becomes current, your age when pd becomes current will be subtracted to the time your case was pending which is 1 year 2 months. You can give NVC a call at that time regarding your CSPA. 

Thank you so much for your response!

But just to make things a little clearer..

What does 'priority date becomes current' mean..? I am sorry, but I'm really clueless about this.

Also, could you dumb it down for me.. Does this mean that I am, in fact, eligible to get my green card?

Do I have to initiate any process, now that my name has disappeared from my profile, to fix it? Or do I just wait?

Timeline
1 hour ago, uv1996 said:

Thank you so much for your response!

But just to make things a little clearer..

What does 'priority date becomes current' mean..? I am sorry, but I'm really clueless about this.

Also, could you dumb it down for me.. Does this mean that I am, in fact, eligible to get my green card?

Do I have to initiate any process, now that my name has disappeared from my profile, to fix it? Or do I just wait?

Priority date becomes current when the date in the visa bulletin, under your specific country and category, is more recent than your own priority date. (i.e. Date in visa bulletin: December 1, 2005 | Your priority date: Oct 1, 2005 | means your priority date is current)

The visa bulletin of the month can be seen in this website: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2018/visa-bulletin-for-november-2017.html under chart A. FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES.

I suggest you call the NVC about your situation but i think your name will only come back once the CSPA calculation has been done which won't happen until your priority date becomes current. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, sunsetdolphin said:

Priority date becomes current when the date in the visa bulletin, under your specific country and category, is more recent than your own priority date. (i.e. Date in visa bulletin: December 1, 2005 | Your priority date: Oct 1, 2005 | means your priority date is current)

The visa bulletin of the month can be seen in this website: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2018/visa-bulletin-for-november-2017.html under chart A. FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES.

I suggest you call the NVC about your situation but i think your name will only come back once the CSPA calculation has been done which won't happen until your priority date becomes current. 

So from the link you sent, I see that the visa bulletin date is 15 Aug, 2005. Whereas my priority date is Sept 9, 2005.

So I have to wait till it shows a later date than Sept 9, 2005. Right?

And then my name will automatically come back up in my profile because they will have calculated my CSPA? Am I right?

thank you so much for coping with my curious anxiety

Timeline
3 hours ago, uv1996 said:

So from the link you sent, I see that the visa bulletin date is 15 Aug, 2005. Whereas my priority date is Sept 9, 2005.

So I have to wait till it shows a later date than Sept 9, 2005. Right?

And then my name will automatically come back up in my profile because they will have calculated my CSPA? Am I right?

thank you so much for coping with my curious anxiety

Yes, you have to wait until the date is later than Sep 9 2005. Your name may or may not automatically come back up in your profile however, it is best to call NVC now or by the time your priority date becomes current. 

Timeline
On 11/3/2017 at 9:46 PM, sunsetdolphin said:

Yes, you have to wait until the date is later than Sep 9 2005. Your name may or may not automatically come back up in your profile however, it is best to call NVC now or by the time your priority date becomes current. 

Thank you so much for your help. :)

Timeline
On 11/3/2017 at 9:46 PM, sunsetdolphin said:

Just one more question..

Does my application have an effect on the application of my parents?

Their names show on our profile even after my name has been omitted.

Does the process of 'priority date becoming current' affect them too?

Is it possible that they would be scheduled an interview before me or am I delaying their application too? 

Timeline
8 hours ago, uv1996 said:

Just one more question..

Does my application have an effect on the application of my parents?

Their names show on our profile even after my name has been omitted.

Does the process of 'priority date becoming current' affect them too?

Is it possible that they would be scheduled an interview before me or am I delaying their application too? 

The answer is no. None of those affect your parents. :) 

Timeline
On 11/5/2017 at 9:52 PM, sunsetdolphin said:

The answer is no. None of those affect your parents. :) 

I sent NVC a mail regarding the issue.

This is what they replied:

'Currently, this case cannot be reviewed for applicability of the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA), as there is no visa number available according to this case's priority date and visa category.

Immigrant visa petition XXX is currently on a list of completed cases awaiting the availability of visa numbers. This petition will be eligible for an immigrant visa interview when a visa number is available per the Department of State's Visa Bulletin. The current edition of the visa bulletin is available on the following website:

http://nvc.state.gov for English or http://nvc.state.gov/espanol for Spanish

The visa bulletin contains a list of cut-off dates divided by foreign state chargeability and preference category. Only petitions with a priority date earlier than the cut-off date are eligible for a visa and consular processing. This petition's priority date, foreign state of chargeability, and preference category are given below:

Please note that the applicant(s) on this case should not make commitments such as disposing of property, resigning employment, or confirming travel arrangements at this time.'

So I have to wait for the pd to be current, right? Thats all it says? I'm not disqualified to get my visa or anything? 

Please excuse my anxiety but I have a lot on the line here.

Also, according to the link in the mail, the visa bulletin date shows 8 July 2005, am I reading it right? Because from the link you sent, it showed 15 Aug 2005?

Timeline
28 minutes ago, uv1996 said:

So I have to wait for the pd to be current, right? Thats all it says? I'm not disqualified to get my visa or anything? 

Yes you have to wait for PD to be current. You are not disqualified

30 minutes ago, uv1996 said:

Also, according to the link in the mail, the visa bulletin date shows 8 July 2005, am I reading it right? Because from the link you sent, it showed 15 Aug 2005?

The current visa bulletin (November 2017 visa bulletin) for F3 in India is August 15, 2005 

Timeline
1 minute ago, sunsetdolphin said:

Yes you have to wait for PD to be current. You are not disqualified

The current visa bulletin (November 2017 visa bulletin) for F3 in India is August 15, 2005 

Thank. You. So. Very. Much.

Timeline
1 minute ago, sunsetdolphin said:

You should look at the chart under the Final Action Dates to see if your priority date is current

I'll just keep revisiting the link that you sent. That's okay too right?

Timeline
1 minute ago, uv1996 said:

Thank. You. So. Very. Much.

No problem! I wish you all the best 😊

Just now, uv1996 said:

I'll just keep revisiting the link that you sent. That's okay too right?

Yes that is fine too 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.