loyal

Affidavit of support-form I 864

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
13 hours ago, loyal said:

If the sponsor income is enough and he has all his tax returns but owes child support will that affect his ability of being sponsor ?

The child he is supporting is included in his household size and they do ask about the amount at the interview. 

5 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

The child he is supporting is included in his household size and they do ask about the amount at the interview. 

The child doesn't live with him, he doesn't claim the child on his taxes, why he should include it in his household size?He only pays child support 

Edited by loyal

Timeline

Lemme help you with this question:

Item Number 4. Enter the number of unmarried children you have who are under 21 years of age, even if you do not

have legal custody of these children. You may exclude any unmarried children under 21 years of age, if these children

have reached majority under the law of their place of domicile

All children of the sponsor are counted against household size.  If leaving them off is the difference between making or not making the income level it is a retroactive omission of material fact meaning that every benefit granted from the time the form was filed through citizenship can be lost.

Advice:  Add them

52 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

Re read the instructions as already stated before... the instructions state clearly what is required.. Nitas_man doesnt make the rules.. only points  you to an answer to your question.. Dont shoot the messenger please 😎

Oh, I am sorry if that looked mean, but I am just shocked. Cuz another person filled out without including them and wondering how did they got approved. That's what I am saying. How if they are not on the taxes they are still dependents. But yes, I will include them after your advice.What about tax transcript, I want to include only the last year🤔

Timeline
4 hours ago, loyal said:

Oh, I am sorry if that looked mean, but I am just shocked. Cuz another person filled out without including them and wondering how did they got approved. That's what I am saying. How if they are not on the taxes they are still dependents. But yes, I will include them after your advice.What about tax transcript, I want to include only the last year🤔

Number of children/ household members is material information in the approval process.  Its not somethimg that should be omitted.

As this is outlined in the instructions, impossible to miss, clearly stating "regardless of custody", you are essentially asking if the sponsor should turn in a sworn affidavit that omits something that the instructions ask for.  

There is one and only one reason that this would be done, and that is to reduce the household size to meet approval guidelines.  Otherwise, it does not matter.  I'm advising that you guys follow the instructions.  If at any point an officer digs through your case for any reason hiding that child/children will be like trying to hide the sunrise.  Not worth it.

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline
4 hours ago, loyal said:

They want last year's tax return or transcript and good evidence of this year's income.

Embassy asked for last paystub with YTD info + all of this year's bank statements with deposits circled.

Edited by Nitas_man

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.