StraightForward

Final Admin Process of Visa Issuance

3 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone...

I need help and insight from someone who had similar experience.

My timeline again..

* I am under category F2B

* I had my interview on April 25, 2016

* Received white slip with AP and asked for documents to prove my eligibility and that I have not overstayed in United States.

* Sent documents as I received from different authorities. Last documents (regarding case) were sent on June 24, 2016. I am sure I had made my point with evidence that I never overstayed and I am eligible for visa.

* Case status is Ready since May 2016

* There were many updates in between

* Status changed to Administrative Processing sometime in February 2017 but changed back to Ready after a few days

* Around third week of February had a field officer from FPU (Fraud Prevention Unit) from US Consulate Karachi. He was inquiring if I was married. He asked my neighbors and people working at my father's house. I am sure he left satisfied. He told me that your case will definitely complete in maximum three months.

* In around April or May 2017, I was just playing with my browser and somehow accessed my application which showed ''not completed."' I just opened it, confused thinking what to do, and while reviewing just went to the last page of application and resubmitted the application. After that I emailed confirmation to the IV unit.

* I may had emailed many times after that and always received same reply that case was in Administrative Processing. Last email received was I believe May 05, 2017

* On August 1, 2017 embassy emailed and asked for updated medical and fresh photos.

* I was able to get medical on August 29, 2017 and sent it to embassy on August 30, 2017.

* There was an update on 6th and 7th of September, 2017 (I think)

* On September 12, 2017 embassy emailed for new fingerprints and oath. They scheduled an appointment at 8AM on September 21, 2017.

* I arrived at embassy on September 21, 2017. I believe I was sitting in consul area at around 730-745. We had to wait for a very long time. My number was 333 (which was 33rd in immigration visa line)

* I had a good chat with consul officer. A different officer was assigned to my case. He asked me one question about when I left US and asked for four-finger-prints and asked me if everything I mentioned was true and I said absolutely.

* I asked officer how long more it will take. I asked him because he did not tell me those magic words other consul officers were telling their clients/applicants. All applications were told that their visa was approved and they will receive in 2 weeks.

* He told me three different things. First he told me he does not know anything about my case and that he was just assigned this case. He looked at the screen and told me (may not be in this order but he meant it) we have everything and it all looks complete and good to go.. it all looks good and should be issued in a couple of days. He never said approved. I asked him about how many days?.. and he was looking at the screen and told me two days and maximum a week. I asked him if I can contact him directly and he told me to contact them if I don't hear anything in 2 weeks.'

* I had an update on September 29, 2017

* I understand that I should not had emailed at this stage but today I emailed the embassy and asked for current status.

Today I received the following reply from embassy.

Will appreciate all insights... Kindly help me understand...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Our record indicates that this case is under final admin process of visa issuance. We will let you know as soon as the process completes. Please rest assured we are making our best effort to finish this admin processing as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Immigrant Visa Unit,

Consular Section, American Embassy,

Islamabad, Pakistan

Edited by StraightForward

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
On 2017-10-02 at 11:44 AM, StraightForward said:

Hello everyone...

I need help and insight from someone who had similar experience.

My timeline again..

* I am under category F2B

* I had my interview on April 25, 2016

* Received white slip with AP and asked for documents to prove my eligibility and that I have not overstayed in United States.

* Sent documents as I received from different authorities. Last documents (regarding case) were sent on June 24, 2016. I am sure I had made my point with evidence that I never overstayed and I am eligible for visa.

* Case status is Ready since May 2016

* There were many updates in between

* Status changed to Administrative Processing sometime in February 2017 but changed back to Ready after a few days

* Around third week of February had a field officer from FPU (Fraud Prevention Unit) from US Consulate Karachi. He was inquiring if I was married. He asked my neighbors and people working at my father's house. I am sure he left satisfied. He told me that your case will definitely complete in maximum three months.

* In around April or May 2017, I was just playing with my browser and somehow accessed my application which showed ''not completed."' I just opened it, confused thinking what to do, and while reviewing just went to the last page of application and resubmitted the application. After that I emailed confirmation to the IV unit.

* I may had emailed many times after that and always received same reply that case was in Administrative Processing. Last email received was I believe May 05, 2017

* On August 1, 2017 embassy emailed and asked for updated medical and fresh photos.

* I was able to get medical on August 29, 2017 and sent it to embassy on August 30, 2017.

* There was an update on 6th and 7th of September, 2017 (I think)

* On September 12, 2017 embassy emailed for new fingerprints and oath. They scheduled an appointment at 8AM on September 21, 2017.

* I arrived at embassy on September 21, 2017. I believe I was sitting in consul area at around 730-745. We had to wait for a very long time. My number was 333 (which was 33rd in immigration visa line)

* I had a good chat with consul officer. A different officer was assigned to my case. He asked me one question about when I left US and asked for four-finger-prints and asked me if everything I mentioned was true and I said absolutely.

* I asked officer how long more it will take. I asked him because he did not tell me those magic words other consul officers were telling their clients/applicants. All applications were told that their visa was approved and they will receive in 2 weeks.

* He told me three different things. First he told me he does not know anything about my case and that he was just assigned this case. He looked at the screen and told me (may not be in this order but he meant it) we have everything and it all looks complete and good to go.. it all looks good and should be issued in a couple of days. He never said approved. I asked him about how many days?.. and he was looking at the screen and told me two days and maximum a week. I asked him if I can contact him directly and he told me to contact them if I don't hear anything in 2 weeks.'

* I had an update on September 29, 2017

* I understand that I should not had emailed at this stage but today I emailed the embassy and asked for current status.

Today I received the following reply from embassy.

Will appreciate all insights... Kindly help me understand...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Our record indicates that this case is under final admin process of visa issuance. We will let you know as soon as the process completes. Please rest assured we are making our best effort to finish this admin processing as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Immigrant Visa Unit,

Consular Section, American Embassy,

Islamabad, Pakistan

At this stage you just have to wait, check your case status at CEAC, till finally you'll be informed when to pick up your passport.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lain said:

At this stage you just have to wait, check your case status at CEAC, till finally you'll be informed when to pick up your passport.

Yes. Thanks and yes waiting impatiently and with utmost anxiety.

Edited by StraightForward

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.