1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello again, 

We had our AOS interview on 9-21-17 (finally!) and everything went smoothly. However, towards the end of the interview she asked my husband if he had ever been arrested or fingerprinted. Since he hasn't, he said he'd only been fingerprinted by immigration when he arrived here and for his biometrics. She said okay, and that she would "do his security clearance tomorrow" so we should expect something in the mail next week. She was being vauge, so I really couldn't tell if that meant everything is good and we should expect his green card in the mail next week or maybe something else? 

We already submitted his criminal history file given to him by a Russian police department (he has no history), so I'm not sure what else they could be looking for. Maybe they are just checking to see if he has committed crimes since he's been here? 

He also changed his name years ago, but we already disclosed this with all information given on both his names much earlier when we were first filing, and she didn't ask about it.

I've read horror stories on here about people waiting 4 years for security name clearances, so I'm really hoping that's not the case with us. She didn't say anything about name clearence, only security clearence, so I'm hoping it's about fingerprints since I've heard the name clearence takes forever. 

She said she would do the security check tomorrow, so I'm assuming it's a quick and painless process. What do you think?? 

Edited by ash8d

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.