tzeksman

question regarding affidavit of support

4 posts in this topic

Ok heres the dea;. BTW im new here :dance: anyways I am about to submit a k-1 pettition Im currently getting the packet together and organized, actually im in my fiancees home country at the moment and we are trying to get as much taken care of while im here so that there will be less time sending this and that back and forth or what have you. My question is when is the affidavit of support requested??? My situation is this for the last year and a half i was working as an English teacher in Indonesia and my financial compensation though made for a good living there when transfered into American dollars it was probably well below the requirement, in fact it is below the requirement for filing and income tax return. I returned to the US in December of 2006 and started working right away but as for 2006 I dont have much to show for it in terms of income.... my previous years were well above the requirements for example 2004 was 45000 and half a year of 2005 was about 24000 will i run into problems regarding 2006 as it was the last year or will my current employment and/or job offers currently on the table be taken into consideration. thnx for any input and suggestions and recourse i may have. As i said my pettition hasnt been filed yet but i plan to do so shortly and would like to be informed of what to expect. thnx again for any responses

Edited by tzeksman

Married :...................06-09-2007

I-130 Sent : ..............11-03-2007

I-130 recieved:...........11-05-2007

NOA 1:.......................02-07-2008

I-130 Approved :.........03-13-2008

NVC Received :...........03-27-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :...04-15-2008

Paid I-864 Fee Bill:.....................04-18-2008

IV Fee Bill Generated:.................05-05-2008

IV Fee Bill Recieved:...................05-10-2008

IV Fee paid mailed USPS Xpress:.05-12-2008

Recieved AOS letter:...................05-15-2008

Sent AOS packet to NVC:..............05-20-2008

DS230 paket generated:..............06-02-2008

DS230 packet recieved:...............06-19-2008

DS230 sent to NVC:.....................06-27-2008

DS230 recieved by NVC:..............06-30-2008...................."It's all up to them now"

Case completed at NVC:...............07-09-2008...................."Thank you God"

Sons CRBA interview and approval at USE Manila............7-09-08

SLEC medical completed........9-3, 9-4, 9-5, 9-10-07......yes those lazys at SLEC took 4 days!!!!

Interview USE Manilla.................09-17-2008 APPROVED!!

VISA DELIVERED..........................09-19-2008

I FLY to fetch my family.................10-13-2008

We Fly back as a family FINALLY.....10-24-2008

P1011144-1.jpgP1010098-1.jpg1thumb.jpgP1010448.jpg

You don't have to worry about the Affidavit of Support (AOS) just yet.. No you don't need to send it in the package you're mailing in now. THat comes up later in the game once you get your first two letters (NOA1 & NOA2 - Notice Of Action) and then stuff gets sent to the consulate near the fiancee and then there's packets sent to you with specific requests for information and at that point and at the interview time is when the AOS comes up.

So don't panic right now.. We're talking at least 3 months right now..

Don't forget to list in your profile info here where the two of you are located.. It helps people answer your questions depending on which part of the world you're coming from..

And once you get going, make sure to update your immigration timeline and copy and paste it into your "Signature" in your profile info.

Cheers! :)

Don't forget to include proof of your relationship: plane or bus tickets, copies of your passports with stamps of destinations, photographs (date them on back and write where it was) bank statements that prove you spent money in the other country, phone bills, yada yada yada..

Here is the 2007 poverty level link: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf

Determine family size and then look at the right column. You need to make at least 125% of that. If not, you'll need to find a co-sponsor.

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Timeline

tzeksman,

If an affidavit of report is requested (usually is, but there are circumstances when one would not be), it will be at the interview. Definitely not needed with the petition.

Questions about what it takes to meet the public charge provisions of the law should be posted in the consulate forum, since the consulate where the determination is made.

Yodrak

Ok heres the dea;. BTW im new here anyways I am about to submit a k-1 pettition Im currently getting the packet together and organized, actually im in my fiancees home country at the moment and we are trying to get as much taken care of while im here so that there will be less time sending this and that back and forth or what have you. My question is when is the affidavit of support requested??? .....
Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.