CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mansini77 said:

Congrats CA!  Huge step forward in your case.  Ours was approved back in November of last year, and last Friday we received our US Consulate appointment letter for late April.  So, hopefully the NVC is working on your case to get your appointment scheduled soon as well!

Thank you! When did you get CC with NvC

2 hours ago, Nena13 said:

For those with questions yes you can do your NVC Ds260 at the same time as your i601a!!! It is a faster process to do so as the NVC does take 11wks to process! And another 11 if it needs an extra paper they need mailed.

5B69F4F0-E257-4E6C-9B39-03CD8F7D4F6D.png

How would I know if my lawyer sent the DS260 at the same time? And what do you mean by this screenshot ? I have been getting that email too. Thank you for the info. 

17 minutes ago, mommyo2life said:

How would I know if my lawyer sent the DS260 at the same time? And what do you mean by this screenshot ? I have been getting that email too. Thank you for the info. 

The screenshot is to say that you can send it all in and they will not schedule the interview like some lawyers say. Mine was all done before hand. I stopped my interview to do my i601A. You have to ask your lawyer if it was sent or you can check yourself on the nvc website

39 minutes ago, Nena13 said:

The screenshot is to say that you can send it all in and they will not schedule the interview like some lawyers say. Mine was all done before hand. I stopped my interview to do my i601A. You have to ask your lawyer if it was sent or you can check yourself on the nvc website

Ahh okay got it. Thank you so much for the information agian 😌

Timeline
22 hours ago, CA1515 said:

Thank you! When did you get CC with NvC

On January 16th, I received by email from the NVC that they have completed our case and will schedule the consulate interview.  We received the interview appointment note on March 1st.  So, it took roughly about a month a half to get the appointment.  I was thinking it was going to take 3 to 4 months, thankfully it didn't.  

We are carefully going through the interview checklist and bringing EVERYTHING they are asking for.  Originals AND copies of documents from marriage certificate, birth certificates, police certificates, and plenty of tax returns.  It might be overkill, but we can't afford to mess up the interview because we overlooked something.  Good thing we have some time to prepare.  I'd recommend you get started on that checklist so you and your spouse don't get blindsided by anything unexpected. 

Filed: Other Country: Mali
Timeline
On 3/5/2018 at 8:28 PM, CA1515 said:

Hey guys, got approval notice today for our I-601a waiver! They received on 11/13/2017 and approved on 02/28/2018, just received approval notice in the mail today! :jest:

lucky you mine has been submitted since april 2017, i have yet to receive any news:(

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Diana S said:

Your interview should be coming up soon. It took us about 2 - 3 months after it was approved to get an interview scheduled.

Good Luck!

Thanks! And how soon was your interview after those 2 -3 months? 

Just now, Oro 01 said:

Thanks! And how soon was your interview after those 2 -3 months? 

Or was it the actual interview after 2-3 months?

Timeline
On 3/9/2018 at 9:10 AM, Diana S said:

Yeah. we sent our form in May, got approved in October, got our approval in December, and had our interview scheduled for late January. 

Diana,

So, we have our consulate interview scheduled for late April in Juarez.  My wife needs to get fingerprints done, and the medical examination and then finally the interview.  I'm a bit confused on where the final package from the Consulate is sent to us.  Our lawyer said, register with DHL, and we did.  But then I'm getting conflicting information that we can simply pick it up upon completion at a nearby office??  the interview is on a Monday, so I'm hopeful to have the package by that Thursday or Friday so we can leave by the weekend.  Any info would be very helpful.  thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, Mansini77 said:

Diana,

So, we have our consulate interview scheduled for late April in Juarez.  My wife needs to get fingerprints done, and the medical examination and then finally the interview.  I'm a bit confused on where the final package from the Consulate is sent to us.  Our lawyer said, register with DHL, and we did.  But then I'm getting conflicting information that we can simply pick it up upon completion at a nearby office??  the interview is on a Monday, so I'm hopeful to have the package by that Thursday or Friday so we can leave by the weekend.  Any info would be very helpful.  thanks.

If you done fingerprints in juarez that’s your dhl spot.. your package will be sent there.. I stayed at the jr express was a 5 min walk to the consule and DHL.. once approved I suggest you go as soon as they open 6:30/7am and remember you have to write your tracking number down.. no phone allowed inside they must be turned off

9 hours ago, Mansini77 said:

Diana,

Hello, 

Our interview was on a Tuesday. We arrive the Thursday before. We had the medical exam on Friday @ 10A, make sure you do it before 3P so you can get your results the same day, if you don't it's okay you can pick them up the next day (takes about 3 hrs).

Fingerprints were done at the Centro de Atencion al Solicitante, it took us less than 30 mins. This is the place you will pick up your final package. Make sure you are constantly checking your email address. They will send you an email letting you know you are ready to pick up your packet, it comes with a tracking number. Make sure you write it down and take it with you inside. They no longer send the package through DHL because it takes longer. They told us it would take about 3 business days. So on Tuesday we had the interview (took about 3 hours, the actual interview it's self was less than 5-10 mins.)  Friday we received the email to pick it up. Just make sure you selected to pick up your package at Centro de Atencion al Solicitante. I know some people where freaking out and choosing a DHL near their home towns. 

Good Luck! I am happy to answer any questions you have :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.