tcy

No approval yet. Cannot understand Nebraska current processing timeline

29 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2017 at 11:49 PM, JFH said:

USCIS does but usually require this of the beneficiary as the USCIS stage is all about the petitioner. NVC requires the type of information you have listed in this post. 

Hello. Well no my husband was contacted for this and not me. He told me he heard from immigration folks that they needed additional details from his end. Later I sent the necessary details to him and he submitted them.

Edited by tcy

On 9/9/2017 at 4:59 AM, Asherbabe876 said:

Ours was filed July 2016 and we got approved.our service center was Nebraska also. I  just did my interview last month

Congrats! Though mine was filed in August but system shows case received in DEC last year. That's after we sumbitted additional evidence . So does that mean I should be waiting untill Nebraska starts processing case on or after dec 13 last year?? 

4 hours ago, tcy said:

Hi. I'm glad you got through it eventually. May I know wht kind of security check do they do ?

As I remember, the USCIS officer said that we were required to go through security checks, everyone does go through security checks, but the amount of waiting time varies from case to case, our security checks took too long. One of the officer said security checks are done sometimes by the FBI.

I have no idea why the security checks took too long. I wish you Good luck.

Visa Class: IR-1.

Embassy: U.S embassy in Amman, Jordan.

Married: May 28, 2015.

Interview Date: Aug 17, 2017.

Interview Result: Approved.

VISA Received: Aug 21, 2017.

U.S Entry & Passport Stamp: Aug 25, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was produced: Oct 9, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was mailed to me: Oct 11, 2017.

Received My Social Security Card: Oct 29, 2017.

First Job in America: Dec 21, 2017.

Received Plastic Green Card in the mail (Permanent Resident Card): Mar 16, 2018.

N-400 Applied: May 28, 2020.

N-400 NOA: June 1, 2020.

Bio: June 19, 2021.

Interview: July 23, 2021.

Ceremony: Aug 13, 2021.

I'm finally a U.S Citizen now

Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS

On 9/9/2017 at 2:10 AM, Melii said:

What is your priority date on the NOA

My Priority Date is 13 December. Though my Husband filed application in August but due to RFE, the case was pending untill he submitted new evidence. Eventually on 13 December the case was reviewed again and receipt number was sent to him.

On 9/12/2017 at 1:26 AM, abe&kari said:

As I remember, the USCIS officer said that we were required to go through security checks, everyone does go through security checks, but the amount of waiting time varies from case to case, our security checks took too long. One of the officer said security checks are done sometimes by the FBI.

I have no idea why the security checks took too long. I wish you Good luck.

Oh I see...yup these checks can vary case to case. Thank you very much! 

I am facing another problem all thanks to super slow processing by Nebraska Centre :( My PD is 13 Dec. I am a Bangladeshi national but living in dubai so my hubby had filled my dubai residence address for consulate interview. Due to family problems my parents are planning to return back to my home country and I'm on my dad's visa so unfortunately even I'll have to move out with them. My question is what steps are supposed to be followed when beneficiary changes address??...though I'll leave Dubai in December and not before so wanted to know if we should wait lil more time for approval (as approval is still awaited) :( or should we immediately update my new residence address? Will the delay in address update affect my case proceedings??Please guide me!. 

Edited by tcy

Can a petitioner request for his case to be transferred? 9 months already and no approval. My husband is based in Dallas Tx. Can we not get the case transferred to Texas Centre? Any suggestions?

Edited by tcy

I am just so frustrated because of Nebraska extremely slow process. I know I am not only one out here but this is extremely depressing! Its 9 months today and still waiting for an approval. :( 

Is it possible for us to request to transfer our case to Texas Centre? My Husband is based in Dallas Tx. Texas seems to be quite fast with I 130 processing? 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I really think you should just be patient and wait. 

Don’t  worry you will soon get approved. I THINK requesting a transfer will only lead to more waiting. I know how hard it is I was frustrated too. 

On 9/14/2017 at 1:43 PM, tcy said:

I am facing another problem all thanks to super slow processing by Nebraska Centre :( My PD is 13 Dec. I am a Bangladeshi national but living in dubai so my hubby had filled my dubai residence address for consulate interview. Due to family problems my parents are planning to return back to my home country and I'm on my dad's visa so unfortunately even I'll have to move out with them. My question is what steps are supposed to be followed when beneficiary changes address??...though I'll leave Dubai in December and not before so wanted to know if we should wait lil more time for approval (as approval is still awaited) :( or should we immediately update my new residence address? Will the delay in address update affect my case proceedings??Please guide me!. 

i'm in the exact situation (bangladeshi national on dad's visa in UAE). to me it sounds like although you submitted the documents in August, due to the RFE your application wasn't actually considered filed till December. the wait time is still quite long and nebraska is quite slow. did your husband call USCIS and clarify what will happen if you change your address and also follow up on the delay? 

9 hours ago, Asherbabe876 said:

I really think you should just be patient and wait. 

Don’t  worry you will soon get approved. I THINK requesting a transfer will only lead to more waiting. I know how hard it is I was frustrated too. 

Hi, Yeah probably you're right...maybe it will slow the process even more. I really don't know how long i'll have to wait. Trying to be patient but its becoming more and more frustrating with every passing day :(

5 hours ago, wanderlust88 said:

i'm in the exact situation (bangladeshi national on dad's visa in UAE). to me it sounds like although you submitted the documents in August, due to the RFE your application wasn't actually considered filed till December. the wait time is still quite long and nebraska is quite slow. did your husband call USCIS and clarify what will happen if you change your address and also follow up on the delay? 

Yes exactly due to RFE it wasn't untill my husband submitted more evidence about my educational, residence and work history in dubai. But he got a notification about the RFE in Dec..probably 5th Dec and same day he asked me to send him all necessary details. He hired a lawyer for our petition. What i fail to understand is why did USCIS not notify him earlier. It took them 3.5 months (after he filed) to sent him this notification.  Moreover, i also wonder if the lawyer could've have advised him before hand that we'll need fill in more details about my (beneficiary) education/ residency history. That might have saved us from RFE.

No He hasn't talked about my address change but he did follow up about delay. They just said you're in queue, your PD is not current yet so WAIT...I read somewhere petitioner will have to write a letter to USCIS requesting for change of beneficiary address. We're so close to PD Date and just hoping to hear something by this month or maybe first week of october  My Dad can try to extend his stay till beg of Feb 2018 but that's if USCIS make some progress with our petition. If there's no news then my hubby will have to update new address in Sylhet. Shifting from Dubai to Dhaka's US embassy might delay my i -130 process but I'll have no choice if Nebraska continues to be this cruel :( Good Luck with yours! :)

Edited by tcy

16 minutes ago, tcy said:

Yes exactly due to RFE it wasn't untill my husband submitted more evidence about my educational, residence and work history in dubai. But he got a notification about the RFE in Dec..probably 5th Dec and same day he asked me to send him all necessary details. He hired a lawyer for our petition. What i fail to understand is why did USCIS not notify him earlier. It took them 3.5 months (after he filed) to sent him this notification.  Moreover, i also wonder if the lawyer could've have advised him before hand that we'll need fill in more details about my (beneficiary) education/ residency history. That might have saved us from RFE.

No He hasn't talked about my address change but he did follow up about delay. They just said you're in queue, your PD is not current yet so WAIT...I read somewhere petitioner will have to write a letter to USCIS requesting for change of beneficiary address. We're so close to PD Date and just hoping to hear something by this month or maybe first week of october  My Dad can try to extend his stay till beg of Feb 2018 but that's if USCIS make some progress with our petition. If there's no news then my hubby will have to update new address in Sylhet. Shifting from Dubai to Dhaka's US embassy might delay my i -130 process but I'll have no choice if Nebraska continues to be this cruel :( Good Luck with yours! :)

it sounds like USCIS got around to reviewing your submission in december and thats when they sent the RFE. i don't think a lawyer could've given you a heads up about that as they don't seem to request these details from all applicants, so it depends on who they flag for further info. if your PD is dec 13, why are they saying it's not current yet - that confused me.

i've heard of people being successful in speeding up the process by writing to their senators on congressmen. i'm not sure if your husband is a US citizen or permanent resident but that might be an option to look into as it has been 9 months since your submission. there are also further wait times with NVC and then the interview date. any way, good luck to you too!!

15 minutes ago, wanderlust88 said:

it sounds like USCIS got around to reviewing your submission in december and thats when they sent the RFE. i don't think a lawyer could've given you a heads up about that as they don't seem to request these details from all applicants, so it depends on who they flag for further info. if your PD is dec 13, why are they saying it's not current yet - that confused me.

i've heard of people being successful in speeding up the process by writing to their senators on congressmen. i'm not sure if your husband is a US citizen or permanent resident but that might be an option to look into as it has been 9 months since your submission. there are also further wait times with NVC and then the interview date. any way, good luck to you too!!

Oh okay thats why maybe lawyer couldn't have done much. Yes exactly after NOA2 there's NVC stage and then interview date...lots to happen. Did you have such an RFE? i wonder if they had doubts because i reside in Dubai but the Nikkah Nama is from Bangladesh. Im just guessing though

My Husband is a US Citizen so contacting senators shouldn't be a problem for him. He called last week also but they asked him to wait as our PD is 13 Dec and they are only reviewing cases uptil 9 Dec.. Do you think he can call and request to talk to tier 2 operator as they have more knowledge about pending cases? 

Edited by tcy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.