DaBraimahs

IR-1/CR-1 7monrhs and no NOA2

1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

September 13 will make 7 months since we received our noa1. I just sent an inquiry about our case and I got an automated reply that they will respond by the 28th.  My husband and I met in July of 2015 and we got engaged hoping to tie the knot in the US by my birthday in June so we did a K1 application Jan  2016( We wanted to wait to be absolutely sure of our engagement to marry). In six months he was sitting in front of a consular who ended up denying him stating there was " more" to us. It was a horrible git wrenching experience. So after being devasted and are plans destroyed we decided to Marry in Ghana so at least we could enjoy each other as husband and wife and with Gods blessings. So we married July 4, 2016. After some advice I waited until we received the official denial which pretty much stated we filed the wrong application... like how? I wrote the uscis, nvc, and even president Obama at the time.. it was so unfair and I was super pissed. So I finally filed  IR-1/CR-1 in February 2017 and received my first NOA February 13,  2017 and nothing since then. I met my now husband 7/2015( my then 10 year old daughter was with me), again in 4/2016(in Istanbul turkey his mom had to get brain surgery and I'm a nurse) 6/2016( for his interview and subsequently our marriage) and most recently 4/2017  for 3 months. (with my 74 yr old mother who stayed a month. and 12 yr old daughter ( stayed entire time) to introduce my mother and honor our Islamic values of marriage and families joining). Like the time is really testing our patience and marriage because it's stressful. Really people shouldn't have this much power to ruin people's lives like the first interviewer did ours because she was out right mean

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.