cmhans

Seeking thoughts on my cover letter and contents

4 posts in this topic

My permanent residence card expires September 29. I have everything I need now and am hoping to send the package tomorrow morning. I have a few questions, if people wouldn't mind answering and offering advice? I can't make any big changes to the package at this point, I just want to know if there's anything in the cover letter and contents I should word differently and anything in my contents that I should not include. THANK YOU in advance!

My questions:

(a) What do you think of my Evidence Package contents (see below)... I'm debating whether or not to include exhibit B and H, would you include or not?

(b) Also is it a good idea to include the part that says "these items are not included for the following reasons"?

(c) Does my cover letter (see text below) look ok? I used a template that someone else posted in the forums.

Note* The actual letter and contents page give full names but I'm just using first names only in the forums. :)

Note* I know exhibit I is anecdotal but I figured no harm in including it. It just details our experiences and relationship over the years.

CONTENTS OF I-751 EVIDENCE PACKAGE

In support of the joint I-751 petition of Kyle and Clare for removal of conditions of permanent resident status on Clare. A#********

Contents of package include the following documents, constituting a petition for the Removal of Conditions on the Residence of Clare:

·       Completed I-751 JOINT Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence;

·       Check for $680 to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security;

·       Photocopy of both sides of Clare's Permanent Resident Card.

Enclosed please also find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

·       Exhibit A: Transcripts of Clare and Kyle's 2016, 2015 and 2014 tax returns;

·       Exhibit B: Copy of 2016 IRS e-file authorization and declaration;

·       Exhibit C: Copies of all joint leases (three leases total) of apartment rented by Clare and Kyle, since moving in in May 2015;

·       Exhibit D: Bank statements from January 2016 to August 2017, from joint bank account shared by Clare and Kyle;

·       Exhibit E: Affidavit from parents of Clare;

·       Exhibit F: Affidavit from Erin (friend and neighbor of Clare and Kyle);

·       Exhibit G: Photos of Clare and Kyle over the years 2010 to 2017;

·       Exhibit H: Mail addressed to Clare and mail addressed to Kyle each at our shared address.

Exhibit I: "Our marriage" - an overview of our relationship and marriage 2010-2017

These items are NOT included in this package for the following reasons:

• Car insurance, loan and license information – Clare does not have a driver’s license and therefore all information relating to my car is in my name only;
  • Joint credit card information – we do not have any credit cards;
  • Life insurance policies – we do not have life insurance;
  • Health insurance policies – we have separate policies. (However, separate letters from Connect for Health, addressed to Clare and Kyle at same address, are included as evidence of shared address – see Exhibit H).

COVER LETTER:

Letter in support of the joint I-751 petition of Kyle and Clare for removal of conditions of permanent resident status on Clare. A#*********

OUR ADDRESS

USCIS California Service Center

P.O. Box 10751

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1075

Dear USCIS examiner:

RE: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE OF:

(K-1 VISA) Clare. A#*********

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding Clare. Clare entered the US on a K-1 visa in July 2014, married Kyle on (date), and was awarded Adjustment of Status to Conditional Permanent Residence on (date). We are in a loving marriage, happily living together and jointly request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence Clare.

Contents include the following documents, constituting a petition for the Removal of Conditions on the Residence of Clare:

Completed I-751 JOINT Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence;

Check for $680 to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security;

Photocopy of both sides of Clare’s Permanent Resident Card;

Enclosed please also find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship (also see contents page):

Transcripts of Clare and Kyle's 2016, 2015 and 2014 tax returns;

Copies of all joint leases of apartment rented by Clare and Kyle Hanscom, since moving in in May 2015;

Monthly bank statement since January 2016, from joint bank account shared by Clare and Kyle;

Affidavit from parents of Clare <last name removed by mod>;

Affidavit from Erin (friend and neighbor of Clare and Kyle);

Photos of Clare and Kyle over the years 2010 to 2017;

Mail addressed to Clare and mail addressed to Kyle each at our shared address.

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and we understand that we may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date. Please advise us if you have any further questions or concerns related to this petition.

Sincerely,

Kyle and Clare

Edited by CookieCat
last name removed in one place

1 hour ago, CookieCat said:

You have three strong evidences; joint bank accounts, leases and tax transcripts. If you had a little more time, I'd have suggested you include a few more things such as utilities, state ID, adding her to the car insurance, home insurance, phone statements etc.

Thank you for your advice CookieCat. Utilities are included in our rent and we have separate phone accounts, so We will send what we have and will leave out (b) (the tax stuff that you said is unnecessary). We will also add utilities and phone bills to our "we have not included the following because..." section.

Do you think we will get a RFE?

15 hours ago, cmhans said:

Thank you for your advice CookieCat. Utilities are included in our rent and we have separate phone accounts, so We will send what we have and will leave out (b) (the tax stuff that you said is unnecessary). We will also add utilities and phone bills to our "we have not included the following because..." section.

Do you think we will get a RFE?

you can add in your cover letter that the utilities are included in the rent . 

Thank you CookieCat and Kris-Sy for your advice. I have one more question, probably a stupid/obvious one, but I’m paranoid about making a stupid mistake on the form!

I (Clare) am the CONDITIONAL RESIDENT. My husband Kyle is the U.S. CITIZEN. We are filing a joint petition for Removal of Conditions on my permanent residence.

Regarding form I-751:

We are filing jointly, but on form I-751 whenever it refers to the PETITIONER, that is me, right? (i.e. Part 7:  Petitioner’s Statement, contact info etc).

And whenever it refers to the SPOUSE that is my husband (U.S. Citizen Kyle). (i.e. Part 8: Spouse’s Statement, contact info etc).

Thank in advance for clarification!

i-751 form.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.