wanderlust88

Abu Dhabi Embassy Delays - Support Group

1,137 posts in this topic

On May 12, 2018 at 7:49 AM, dady12 said:

check the ceac website and whenever u see issued then u should be expecting an email for passport tracking number for pick up

When the status changed to issued how long did you get you passport back?

Filed: Timeline
29 minutes ago, ANGEL BB said:

When the status changed to issued how long did you get you passport back?

2 to 3 days u will get passport tracking number in the email and when it say at the location that  u choose to receive your passport,u can go and pick it up 

Hi Everyone,

First, I just want to say I got my visa approved on May 14, Thanks God the wait is over🙏🏻 

I’ll share with you my experience later.

Secondly, to those who got visa approved and already in the US, is there any documents I need to prepare aside from ticket, visa and documents from US embassy? Because my flight will be this week at Dubai International Airport.

Any comment is very much appreciated.

Hello Family, My interview is in AUH in 2 weeks. Could someone please share a checklist with me on what documents to take. I already got the medical done. Also the closest hotel to the embassy as I'm driving from Dubai

• 2 weeks later...

- How long does it take for social security number to come in the mail? Do we need to complete an application or go to the SSN office or do anything in order for us to receive the SSN number? 

- What is the process for getting green card? Do we need to submit an application for greencard? No instructions were given at the time of interview, approval, or immigration when arrived in the US. 

Hi everyone...I am just hoping someone can help me. I am currently on my 2nd month of waiting for the packet3 (k1 petition) I took the risk to go to my interview today without the packet3 but they refused to let me proceed with the actual interview. The first consul confirmed that the case is already at the embassy but when she checked it on the system she noticed that I don’t have the packet3 yet so she said I need to wait until I will receive it. To those who have been in my situation, how did you manage to reschedule the appointment? Did you pay again the fee? TIA

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, LynnD said:

VACCINATION Question:  My husband is UK citizen, 50 yrs old. His medical appointment is in a few days.  He does not have any copies of his childhood vaccinations.   Will he have to get all new vaccinations?

Its ok they will give him all the vaccinations. However they will charge you around AED2000 

MY interview is next week. The letter I received from NVC says my interview is scheduled in Abu Dhabi and the date and time is mentioned. Do i still have to book an appointment online??

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Amisharjil said:

MY interview is next week. The letter I received from NVC says my interview is scheduled in Abu Dhabi and the date and time is mentioned. Do i still have to book an appointment online??

u have to register your appointment in order to get your passport back after the visa is issue  by the post office ,search this forum and u will get the link because I can't remember it now but I think u still have the link on yoir appointment letter 

40 minutes ago, dady12 said:

u have to register your appointment in order to get your passport back after the visa is issue  by the post office ,search this forum and u will get the link because I can't remember it now but I think u still have the link on yoir appointment letter 

Ok I tired calling the embassy in Abu Dhabi they are saying to follow instructions on the letter. No where on the letter it is mentioned that I have to book an appointment. What happens if I don't book one. However my interview date and timing is mentioned on the invitation letter.

HI ..Atlast my visa is issued today Alhumdulillah! waiting for the call or email so i can get pickup my passport.thanks u all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.