1,020 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
5 minutes ago, thesalamander1 said:

It's Monday, November 19th! I can't believe I just receive it a few days before the interview. I feel like crying.... I don't know what to do

This could be because of the wildfires in NorCal which is impacting the Bay Area due to heavy smoke. I know classes are being canceled at state universities etc. Not sure if there is anything you can really do at this point. Your best bet is to call up USCIS and ask what is going on.

Edited by hsetin

Just now, hsetin said:

This could be because of the wildfires in NorCal which are impacting the Bay Area due to heavy smoke. I know classes are being canceled at state universities etc. Not sure if there is anything you can really do at this point. Your best bet is to call up USCIS and ask what is going on.

I was thinking about that too. Otherwise it could not have been that rushed. On hold with USCIS now! The fire needs to stop asap!!

Just now, thesalamander1 said:

My online status hasn't changed. I received a physical mail today as a notification. Should I still go to the interview anyway since my online status is the same?

Ohhh...If it's via mail then they couldn't have predicted the wildfires that early to cancel something on Monday. I think this would be something else.

23 minutes ago, hsetin said:

Any updates from USCIS? Did you get to speak to someone?

Yes. I was able to speak to an officer. The officer couldn't see the reason why it was cancelled and couldn't tell me when it would be rescheduled. She did confirm there's no need to go to the interview anymore as it is indeed cancelled. I'm so disappointed...

Edited by thesalamander1

1 minute ago, hsetin said:

In that case I would just go to the interview, specially in the event that your case status did not change on the website. What’s the worst that could happen? They send you back?

I don't know if I should still go... I just logged into the dhs website and found the de- scheduled letter in the documents tab. I guess that means the interview is indeed cancelled just like the officer said even though my online status hasn't changed.

Just now, thesalamander1 said:

I don't know if I should still go... I just logged into the dhs website and found the de- scheduled letter in the documents tab. I guess that means the interview is indeed cancelled just like the officer said even though my online status hasn't changed.

Okay...this changes everything. When was the de-scheduled letter posted online?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, thesalamander1 said:

Omg!! I just received a letter notification that my interview has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances... This is so unfortunate! Has anyone had a similar experience? When it will get rescheduled? 

Are you also waiting for a I751?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
9 minutes ago, thesalamander1 said:

Yes I am =(

That's probably the reason then. A few of us here in the forum had the same problem. Probably they will reschedule both for the same day and do a combo interview. Hang in there, you are really close to be done

19 minutes ago, Choviwan said:

That's probably the reason then. A few of us here in the forum had the same problem. Probably they will reschedule both for the same day and do a combo interview. Hang in there, you are really close to be done

Ohh I see!! Didn't think of that at all. Thank you @Choviwan! Hopefully it will get rescheduled ASAP 🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.