XPRSURSLF

I130 approved but NVC says they have no record of I130 from USCIS

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I posted question earlier about separate cases for both parents. I was under impression that NVC case number is for both parents in this case (husband and wife) but recently I came to know that it is not for both individuals. So in my situation moms case is with NVC pending fee payment on my behalf but my dad's application for I130 has been lost on its way from USCIS to NVC. I called NVC 3 weeks ago inquiring about my dad's case and they didn't have any record of his application. So I sent them the I130 approval and hopefully they will find his file. I am bit surprised how his file can be lost. Basically, I have a copy of his I130 approval but NVC says they haven't received anything from USCIS and it has been over 2+ months since his I130 was approved. 

Anyone in this situation please share your experience.... Looks like I have to get help from an immigration lawyer to assist me in this matter.

Finally, I had a question, perhaps someone can assist me. My parents both have multiple entry valid US visit visa for next 3-4 yrs. While their immigration process continues (I130 has been approved), can they come and visit me in the time being? Will they be questioned at the airport and asked to give up either their immigration process or their visit visa. I hear conflicting information so I just wanted to ensure if they can visit temporarily and go back while their case progresses at NVC. Please let me know..

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahrain
Timeline

I am trying to revive this thread. Its been 3 months since my dad's I130 petition has been approved. I have the copy of it but NVC keeps saying that they havn't received anything from USCIS and have no record. Even when I mailed them the scanned copy of approval they haven't gotten back to me in more than a month with his case number. When I go to USCIS website, the message they have there is outdated. It says that they have received the additional information that they had requested and its in progress. The fact is that I have the I130 approval with me for last 3 months. I am not sure why USCIS website has that outdated message. Calling USCIS is another issue, I been going through the maze of dialing 2, 4, 6 etc and can never get to any live person.

At this point I don't know what to do. I am not sure if I hire lawyer will they ask me to start from scratch or continue where its stuck. Looks like the USCIS has not sent the file to NVC in over 3 months now. Their website has outdated status when I enter the case number and i am unable to reach a live person. Any advice would be appreciated. My parents priority date is a year old now. If I prolong my moms application at NVC due to my dad's lost application, I am not sure if she will run out of time by the time these guys find my dad's file or even if they ever find it .....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.