flower6

CR1 in london

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
sorry to ask, but why did they deny the k-3? was it anything other than an immigration matter? could you say please, as i flew back after getting married on a k1, had to come back before aos due to medical condition and we couldn't afford treatment in the usa.

i stayed 6 weeks after we got married, in the build up to saving for an aos.

now applying for Cr, I'm wondering if I'll need a waiver? IR1.

any opinions please?

thanks

We had to file the I-601 because when he was yrs old he took a cassette tape from Woolworth on a dare from a friend and got caught and got a Pound fine. So they denied us the K-3 because of that so then we had to file the I-601 to get the K-3. see we got married yrs ago in the US then moved to England for yrs and then we came to the US in Jan of 05. I'm afraid I knew nothing of DCF at the time or we would have done that. So we went way around the block. The I-601 is for police records and I think the I-212 is for overstays. You have days after your K-1 expires before your an overstay and fall under a yr ban from the US I believe.

Hey do you know on the D'S-230 part 2 on line 33a if I need to ask for a SS# for my husband? He already Rev a SS# with his work permit, would that be the same SS# he would have keep once he has his greencard? and it ask if he was assisted completing the DS230 and since I filled it out is ok to say yes to that or should I say no to that question?

How horrible to have such a petty thing come back to haunt you both.

Yes, use the SS number he was issued when he in the states. It will never change.

I'm not sure about your second question. The purpose of the question might be in case a lawyer or a translator filled it out.

Now see on question #31 on the D'S it ask if you ever been charge or arrestedor convicted of a crime.I dont know if I should say yes or no?

when in a hole - stop digging

no such offence as shoplifting - it's theft under the theft act 1968

so i would suggest answering all questions truthfully with a brief explanation of the circumstances and that way it won't end up going on for ages which is what they do to you if they start discovering unthruths...

With the circumstances you describe and having done the k3 before, I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem

I sympathise with your total fedupness with immigration stuff. Having done 2 K's and then this I-130 and i am wilting under the years of effort - especially as my USC wife got her UK green card in 20 minutes at the UK Consulate in Chicago.

However, we have no choice and must soldier on - just don't try and short cut it by lying or not doing the full forms as you can see VJ folk who sentence themselves to years of delays by digging themselves in a hole with the USCIS - honesty is the best policy (where there is any chance you will be found out !)

oo I am awful

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline
We had to file the I-601 because when he was 17yrs old he took a casette tape from woolworth on a dare from a friend and got caught and got a 50pound fine. So they denied us the K-3 because of that so then we had to file the I-601 to get the K-3. see we got married 5yrs ago in the US then moved to England for 3yrs and then we came to the US in jan of 05. I'm afraid I knew nothing of DCF at the time or we would have done that. So we went way around the block. The I-601 is for police records and I think the I-212 is for overstays. You have 180days after your K-1 expires before your an overstay and fall under a 3yr ban from the US I believe.

Flower, I'm not sure why your husband was required to file a waiver in the first place. If he was convicted of one CiMT (such as theft) under the age of 18, he would fall under the first of the ineligibilities exception clauses if five or more years have passed since.

(ii) Exception.-Clause (i)(I) shall not apply to an alien who committed only one crime if-

(I) the crime was committed when the alien was under 18 years of age, and the crime was committed (and the alien released from any confinement to a prison or correctional institution imposed for the crime) more than 5 years before the date of application for a visa or other documentation and the date of application for admission to the United States, or

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...Ineligibilities

You may want to prepare a short brief or have a lawyer prepare one for you explaining why your husband falls under this exception. Your husband could take that to his CR1 interview and attach it as an amendment to his DS230.

***I-130***

2006-10-11 I-130 NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

***I-129F***

2006-10-23 I-129F NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

2007-04-30 Interview--Visa Approved!

2007-05-07 Gary arrives in US

208 days from filing to interview

****EAD****

2007-05-15 Sent to Chicago

2007-05-22 NOA1

2007-06-12 Biometrics

2007-09-07 approved! (115 loooooong days)

2007-09-17 card received in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.