flower6

CR1 in london

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Guys I really need some help. let me give you some back ground. I'm a USC my husband is a UKC. we've been married 5yrs. He came to the US on K-3 and we filed the I-130 which has since been approved. His K-3 expired Nov 26,2006 which my husband flew back to the UK before that happen. So at this point we are doing CR1. I have sent in the 3032, the I-864 and the $70 fee bill. I'm on the DS230. I have it printed and I recv the $380 fee bill from NVC so I'm trying to get this last thing done.

My question to you is what evidence do they want with the DS230? Is part 1 and 2 sent together? What does my husband need to take with him to the embassy? I cant find any info or directions. Its driving me crazy. I would really appreciate and help. Thanks guys

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry I can't help in specific since my husband and I are following a different path, but I belive this link will help you - look towards the bottom of the page - the section called What Happens After You Mail the I-130 Out? -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

Edited by MargotDarko

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Slightly off-topic, but why didn't he apply for the AOS while he was still in the US on the K-3? Why'd he leave?

I was wondering the same thing.

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

25 May 2007 - NOA2

Timeline
Slightly off-topic, but why didn't he apply for the AOS while he was still in the US on the K-3? Why'd he leave?

Its along story but it has been so rough for here in the states and my husband has had a rough time adjusting to the US so then his K-3 was expiring so we thought the best thing was for him to go back to and finish it this way.

Its along story but it has been so rough for here in the states and my husband has had a rough time adjusting to the US so then his K-3 was expiring so we thought the best thing was for him to go back to and finish it this way.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that.

I hope you find the guide I linked to earlier helpful.

US Immigration Timeline

25 May 2007 - NOA2

Timeline

we were scared of an overstay, then I talked to immigrations after the fact and they said he should have stayed anyway. Now its just a mess. But I'm trying so hard to finish this thing. It says on there an medical and police report. now we already did those 2 things with the K-3 and we had to file a I-601 which was approved of course thats how he got the K-3. We dont have 2 do those 2 things again do we?

we were scared of an overstay, then I talked to immigrations after the fact and they said he should have stayed anyway. Now its just a mess. But I'm trying so hard to finish this thing. It says on there an medical and police report. now we already did those 2 things with the K-3 and we had to file a I-601 which was approved of course thats how he got the K-3. We dont have 2 do those 2 things again do we?

I don't know about the medical... But since the police report is fairly easy to obtain, I'd have him send off for another one today. They might ask for it at the interview and they might not, but it's best to be prepared.

US Immigration Timeline

25 May 2007 - NOA2

I just read in another thread that the medical is good for 12 months, so as long as your husband's medical was less than 12 mos before the interview date for the CR1/IR1, it's fine. :)

US Immigration Timeline

25 May 2007 - NOA2

Timeline
I just read in another thread that the medical is good for 12 months, so as long as your husband's medical was less than 12 mos before the interview date for the CR1/IR1, it's fine. :)

this is getting more and more of a mess. we came to the US in jan 2005 so its been overa year. If they see his police report that means we have to do the I-601 again cause they denied him the K-3 at first so we did the I-601 and they approved it and he got the K-3. Oh I just want to cry. I'm so sick of immigrations. I thought this part was going to be easy.

this is getting more and more of a mess. we came to the US in jan 2005 so its been overa year. If they see his police report that means we have to do the I-601 again cause they denied him the K-3 at first so we did the I-601 and they approved it and he got the K-3. Oh I just want to cry. I'm so sick of immigrations. I thought this part was going to be easy.

Aw, how awful. He will need to do another medical. I don't know how the I-601 works - is that something you can do in advance or is it a certain form you use for appeal of a denial? If you can do something in advance, do it now.

Something you might want to consider is living in the UK for a while. If your life situation in the US allows it, it could be a good experience for you both, especially since US immigration has been so stressful. Getting a UK spousal visa is really easy for legit couples with an okay or better income or support - just fill out your form and pay your money. It would only take a few weeks by mail.

US Immigration Timeline

25 May 2007 - NOA2

sorry to ask, but why did they deny the k-3? was it anything other than an immigration matter? could you say please, as i flew back after getting married on a k1, had to come back before aos due to medical condition and we couldnt afford treatment in the usa.

i stayed 6 weeks after we got married, in the build up to saving for an aos.

now applying for cr1, im wondering if i'll need a waiver? i601.

any opinions please?

thanks

USCIS California Service Center - Expedited

09-SEP-2010 : Mailed I130 Petition to Chicago Lockbox.

16-SEP-2010 : Received NOA1.

24-SEP-2010 : Expedite: service request

05-OCT-2010 : Supporting documents sent to CSC.

16-OCT-2010 : RFE received.

19-OCT-2010 : RFE response received at CSC.

22-OCT-2010 : I130 Petition APPROVED.

30-OCT-2010 : NOA2 Received in Mail

NVC - Expedited

27-OCT-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-NOV-2010 : Expedite request emailed to NVC

10-NOV-2010 : Expedite approved - Case forwarded to Consulate

12-NOV-2010 : Medical

US Embassy - Expedited

18-NOV-2010 : Packet 3 email received.

19-NOV-2010 : Emailed DS230, DS2001

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

01-DEC-2010 : MP requests assistance from US Ambassador

03-DEC-2010 : Waiver transferred from USCIS to DHS

11-DEC-2010 : Waiver Receipt notification dated 07-DEC-2010

20-DEC-2010 : VISA/Waiver Approved

22-DEC-2010 : Approval letter received

24-DEC-2010 : Passport collected by courier

10-JAN-2011 : CR1 Visa Issued by IVU London

11-JAN-2011 : Passport / Visa delivered.

18-JAN-2011 : POE: EWR (Newark, New Jersey)

17-FEB-2011 : Welcome Letter Arrived

19-FEB-2011 : Green Card I-551 Arrived

I-130 Mailing to Approval (incl. waiver): 102 Days

OCT 2012 : Applied for Removal of Conditions

DEC 2012 : Received NOA1 (GC extention letter)

18-JAN-2013 : Biometrics walk in approved and completed

Timeline
sorry to ask, but why did they deny the k-3? was it anything other than an immigration matter? could you say please, as i flew back after getting married on a k1, had to come back before aos due to medical condition and we couldnt afford treatment in the usa.

any opinions please?

thanks

We had to file the I-601 because when he was 17yrs old he took a casette tape from woolworth on a dare from a friend and got caught and got a 50pound fine. So they denied us the K-3 because of that so then we had to file the I-601 to get the K-3. see we got married 5yrs ago in the US then moved to England for 3yrs and then we came to the US in jan of 05. I'm afraid I knew nothing of DCF at the time or we would have done that. So we went way around the block. The I-601 is for police records and I think the I-212 is for overstays. You have 180days after your K-1 expires before your an overstay and fall under a 3yr ban from the US I believe.

Hey do you know on the DS-230 part 2 on line 33a if I need to ask for a SS# for my husband? He already recv a SS# with his work permit, would that be the same SS# he would have keep once he has his greencard? and it ask if he was assisted completing the DS230 and since I filled it out is ok to say yes to that or should I say no to that question?

any opinions please?

thanks

We had to file the I-601 because when he was 17yrs old he took a casette tape from woolworth on a dare from a friend and got caught and got a 50pound fine. So they denied us the K-3 because of that so then we had to file the I-601 to get the K-3. see we got married 5yrs ago in the US then moved to England for 3yrs and then we came to the US in jan of 05. I'm afraid I knew nothing of DCF at the time or we would have done that. So we went way around the block. The I-601 is for police records and I think the I-212 is for overstays. You have 180days after your K-1 expires before your an overstay and fall under a 3yr ban from the US I believe.

Hey do you know on the DS-230 part 2 on line 33a if I need to ask for a SS# for my husband? He already recv a SS# with his work permit, would that be the same SS# he would have keep once he has his greencard? and it ask if he was assisted completing the DS230 and since I filled it out is ok to say yes to that or should I say no to that question?

How horrible to have such a petty thing come back to haunt you both.

Yes, use the SS number he was issued when he in the states. It will never change.

I'm not sure about your second question. The purpose of the question might be in case a lawyer or a translator filled it out.

US Immigration Timeline

25 May 2007 - NOA2

Timeline

any opinions please?

thanks

How horrible to have such a petty thing come back to haunt you both.

Yes, use the SS number he was issued when he in the states. It will never change.

I'm not sure about your second question. The purpose of the question might be in case a lawyer or a translator filled it out.

Now see on question #31 on the DS230 it ask if you ever been charge or arrestedor convicted of a crime.I dont know if I should say yes or no?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.