flower6

CR1 in london

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Now see on question #31 on the DS230 it ask if you ever been charge or arrestedor convicted of a crime.I dont know if I should say yes or no?

flower6: Have you consulted a lawyer about your case? You seem to have a bit of a mess on your hands.

How can you be unsure about how to answer this question?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

flower6,

How did he answer when he filled out the DS-156 Q 38 (may have been a different number back then) for his K3 visa?

I think I know, as he was required to request the waiver, and I think it would be a good idea to be consistent.

Yodrak

Now see on question #31 on the DS230 it ask if you ever been charge or arrestedor convicted of a crime.I dont know if I should say yes or no?

thanks for your info flower 6.

well, if he has any police record SHOWING, declare it, if not, then, as the scotland yard record would show, there would be no need.

the uk recognises spent convictions, the u.s. doesnt. IF the CRB check shows no record, i would say he'd be fine.

also, the SSN stays the same for the rest of your life, i believe. i could be wrong though, but i doubt it.

i took advice from a lawyer, who said she'd doubt if i need a waiver, but sometimes i have doubts! this advice was given free on the phone, i can try and locate her again if need be, for you. all it cocsts is the price of a phone call.

it'll work itself out, it just may take a wee while longer for you guys i think - but follow yodraks advice, he knows his onions

USCIS California Service Center - Expedited

09-SEP-2010 : Mailed I130 Petition to Chicago Lockbox.

16-SEP-2010 : Received NOA1.

24-SEP-2010 : Expedite: service request

05-OCT-2010 : Supporting documents sent to CSC.

16-OCT-2010 : RFE received.

19-OCT-2010 : RFE response received at CSC.

22-OCT-2010 : I130 Petition APPROVED.

30-OCT-2010 : NOA2 Received in Mail

NVC - Expedited

27-OCT-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-NOV-2010 : Expedite request emailed to NVC

10-NOV-2010 : Expedite approved - Case forwarded to Consulate

12-NOV-2010 : Medical

US Embassy - Expedited

18-NOV-2010 : Packet 3 email received.

19-NOV-2010 : Emailed DS230, DS2001

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

01-DEC-2010 : MP requests assistance from US Ambassador

03-DEC-2010 : Waiver transferred from USCIS to DHS

11-DEC-2010 : Waiver Receipt notification dated 07-DEC-2010

20-DEC-2010 : VISA/Waiver Approved

22-DEC-2010 : Approval letter received

24-DEC-2010 : Passport collected by courier

10-JAN-2011 : CR1 Visa Issued by IVU London

11-JAN-2011 : Passport / Visa delivered.

18-JAN-2011 : POE: EWR (Newark, New Jersey)

17-FEB-2011 : Welcome Letter Arrived

19-FEB-2011 : Green Card I-551 Arrived

I-130 Mailing to Approval (incl. waiver): 102 Days

OCT 2012 : Applied for Removal of Conditions

DEC 2012 : Received NOA1 (GC extention letter)

18-JAN-2013 : Biometrics walk in approved and completed

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline
flower6,

How did he answer when he filled out the DS-156 Q 38 (may have been a different number back then) for his K3 visa?

I think I know, as he was required to request the waiver, and I think it would be a good idea to be consistent.

Yodrak

well on the DS156 we said yes because wehad his police report, but see we had gone through the I-601 which was approved and K-3 approved, whyI ask is I thought that once we did that I-601 that its removed from immigration records. But are we going to have to do the I-601 again? Weshouldnt have to go through that again, I mean this is all the same continuing application, so I dont knowif I say yes to that or no.

I'am so confused on this end of the process simply because i cant much info on it and it appears to be different depending on the country. I cant find what evidence gets sent with the DS 230, what my husband needs to take with him to the interview. From what I have read and see in these forms it seems were just repeating what we did already once when we did the K-3 interview. If this is true immigrations could save us all alot of time and heart ache. MaybeI'm just stupid and notgetting it but I've just not seen any helpful info on this part of the process.

Timeline
well on the DS156 we said yes because wehad his police report, but see we had gone through the I-601 which was approved and K-3 approved, whyI ask is I thought that once we did that I-601 that its removed from immigration records. But are we going to have to do the I-601 again? Weshouldnt have to go through that again, I mean this is all the same continuing application, so I dont knowif I say yes to that or no.

I'am so confused on this end of the process simply because i cant much info on it and it appears to be different depending on the country. I cant find what evidence gets sent with the DS 230, what my husband needs to take with him to the interview. From what I have read and see in these forms it seems were just repeating what we did already once when we did the K-3 interview. If this is true immigrations could save us all alot of time and heart ache. MaybeI'm just stupid and notgetting it but I've just not seen any helpful info on this part of the process.

flower, this is a brand-new visa application, totally distinct and separate from what has gone before.

I'd recommend that you check with Laurel Scott (attorney) or someone WELL versed in waivers to find out if you need to re-do the I-601.

Ignore richie's advice please. It does not matter what is or is not on your police reports--you MUST answer the question truthfully.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Timeline
flower6,

Yodrak

Ok guys I really dontget it. I'm filling out the DS230 today and I'm thinking to myself, this seem so familar. So I get out my immigration folder and, OOPS! THERE IT IS!! I already did this application. Are we repeating out selves here? It ask if you have commited a crime ck yes or no. Now we already been down the I-601 road and was approved and Ithought had moved so far away from that. If I say yes are we going to have to do the I-601 again? and are we going to have to do the medical again and police report again? I'm so confused. It looks like we are just repeating the whole process again. Our I-130 is already approved. I'm so confused on what were doing here. If my husband has to go through all this again I may as well stop right now cause he wont do it. If we are repeating the whole thing again and spending all this money to do the same thing again, then Immigrations is really wasting our time and getting over on all of us. This is crazy! Why are repeating forms we already did.

plzzzzz...any help would be so appreciated guys I'm so burned out on this

Edited by flower6

flower, this is a brand-new visa application, totally distinct and separate from what has gone before.

I'd recommend that you check with Laurel Scott (attorney) or someone WELL versed in waivers to find out if you need to re-do the I-601.

Ignore richie's advice please. It does not matter what is or is not on your police reports--you MUST answer the question truthfully.

i did say check with a lawyer first. i wasnt giving advice to follow it from the book. its obvious that this couple arent in the best of health financially, i can totally empathise there, so its fair enough saying 'yeah check with a lawyer...but she'll charge you X amount'... unless she does her free webchat still.

as Id read flower 6 post - id realised that there would be a police record showing, and most certainly since they'd been honest. perhaps i didnt make myself clear enough.

not once did i say follow my advice from the book. technically, and i've known of 2 people that use this board, who have had a minor criminal prob in the past in the uk, once applied for a CRB check, and its come back clean. info was then offered at the embassy, so im led to believe, but the embassy cross referenced the CRB check, if the note from scotland yard's clean, you're clean. BUT each to their own.

in fact, i said follow yodrak's - which after me, questioned whether they'd put anything about a police record on their original K3 app.

Flower 6, i would possibly call the embassy in london, or email them. have you tried that - apologies if you have, i've not checked back in the thread. even if you dont want to give your full case status away direct to them right now, they can advise you. if London cant advise you, who can!

Ideally, do both, call and email, and check with a lawyer, but there's a ton of lawyers who'll charge just for either making contact, or, that said, re-iterrating what London will say.

Re your police report - i think you'll need a new one if its expired after the 12 month period. I will need one cos mine expired in Jan, and we originally went the k1. I agree they waste your time, but they aint a charity, and like the british govt, they're there to make money!

Good luck guys. i wish i could help more, i reckon you'll be ok though.

NVC - Expedited

US Embassy - Expedited

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

I just found this - Im not sure if it helps or not?

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:nhiLp1t...;cd=9&gl=uk

hope the link works. it says that the waiver is good for 5 years (for non immigrant visas though).

try them - info@usvisasolutions.com

call 800 568 7601.

also definitely call london. those 2 avenues shouldnt cost you a penny. AND you can always get a 3rd opinion and pay for it if you arent comfortable.

NVC - Expedited

US Embassy - Expedited

You always want to answer those questions honestly. Lie and it will come back to bite you.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Timeline

You always want to answer those questions honestly. Lie and it will come back to bite you.

I wasnt talking about lying I was talking aboutsince we hasalready done the I-601 would I say yes to that. when you file an I 601 its a big application, it took me 6mos to do and you have to letters from family members and I had to write a hardship letter that was 16 pgs long, it was just really hard, but once thats approve it mean the US basicallly forgives and forgets your record, so I wasnt saying to lie I just wanted to know how to correctly answer it. how ever I did find out that I say yes attached a copy of the approved I-601 and he doesnt have to have a copy of his police report as they already have that on file.

I wasnt talking about lying I was talking aboutsince we hasalready done the I-601 would I say yes to that. when you file an I 601 its a big application, it took me 6mos to do and you have to letters from family members and I had to write a hardship letter that was 16 pgs long, it was just really hard, but once thats approve it mean the US basicallly forgives and forgets your record, so I wasnt saying to lie I just wanted to know how to correctly answer it. how ever I did find out that I say yes attached a copy of the approved I-601 and he doesnt have to have a copy of his police report as they already have that on file.

Good to know. It's sort of sad that boosting a cassette tape as a kid can follow you around like this. :(

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

flower6,

You seem to be asking 2 separate questions here.

First, should you answer 'yes' or 'no' to a question about having been charged or arrested for a criminal act. Your husband has already answered this question once before, and he answered 'yes'. The consulate knows the correct answer is 'yes' - they made him get a waiver because of it. Has the incident magically disappeared since then? Someone went back in time and changed the course of history? How can you even conceive that the answer could now be 'no'?

Your next question is will another waiver be required since a waiver has already been granted previously. I don't know, I think meauxna gave you a good suggestion for getting an answer from someone who might know.

Finally, yes your I-130 petition has already been approved. Your husband would not be at the immigrant visa application stage if it hadn't been approved. And it has nothing to do with your two questions.

Yodrak

Ok guys I really dontget it. I'm filling out the DS230 today and I'm thinking to myself, this seem so familar. So I get out my immigration folder and, OOPS! THERE IT IS!! I already did this application. Are we repeating out selves here? It ask if you have commited a crime ck yes or no. Now we already been down the I-601 road and was approved and Ithought had moved so far away from that. If I say yes are we going to have to do the I-601 again? and are we going to have to do the medical again and police report again? I'm so confused. It looks like we are just repeating the whole process again. Our I-130 is already approved. I'm so confused on what were doing here. If my husband has to go through all this again I may as well stop right now cause he wont do it. If we are repeating the whole thing again and spending all this money to do the same thing again, then Immigrations is really wasting our time and getting over on all of us. This is crazy! Why are repeating forms we already did.

plzzzzz...any help would be so appreciated guys I'm so burned out on this

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline

Guys I'm sorry if I sound all over the place and short of over the edge crazy, but I'am really. My husband has been gone for 5mos and I'm just so lost without him. Hes stuck over there where he has nothing. No place to live, no money, cant find a job, sleeping in a cheap car he bought, and hes giving up. I got a email where he told me he cant take the waiting anymore. Not knowing when our life is going to start and told me to just let go. It was alot of work to get him talking to me again and interested in finishing the immigrations process. But I cant tell him a thing or give him hope because I cant understand or find out what it is were doing at this point.I had a mild stroke 2mos ago from all the stress, my dad is dying from cancer, and yeah its all doing my head in to say the least. and I'm just getting so furstrated with this frick'in paperwork. Its 4yrs down the road and were still fighting with it. When I went to England it took me 2 weeks $400 and we were done. This process should be done in a couple months tops. They repeat steps, ask over and over again for the same applications, same evidence. They waste time, bleed us dry of money. This country is suppose to be so great then why is it taking yrs for people to get to have their lives with their spouses. Always in limbo its just not right. Were USC's, and by god they owe us a heck of alot more then this mental abuse they put us through. Were 45 & 50yrs old, were being made to waste precious time we could be enjoying each other.

But what I'm looking for is what evidence is going to be sent with the DS230 and what is it that they are going to send my husband and what evidence is he required to have to take with him to the interview. Can you download a copy of the DS230 packet ? I mean all I have is the DS230 app itself.

1 more question, when he did his first medical it was done by US DR's and immigrations made the appt for you the morning of your interview, will they do it the same way again?

Again guys I'm sorry I'm just really stressed & depressed, I just want my husband,my best friend back.

thanks guys, Tess

Timeline
Again guys I'm sorry I'm just really stressed & depressed, I just want my husband,my best friend back.

thanks guys, Tess

Tess, please stop. Just stop for a minute.

This is not the US gov't's fault. You *need* some help with this; it's really hard to tell what you do understand and what you don't. If you keep sending money and forms in, CIS will happily accept them, but YOU need to get a grip on the process. You obviously have a LOT on your plate right now and it doesn't sound like you're getting much help anywhere.

Do you live in a city? Can you look up an organization like Catholic Charities, that can help you with some of the more in-depth questions?

I understand you saying that it wasn't working out too well for your husband in the US, but it doesn't sound like it's working out very well in the UK either.

Well, to the factual part, yes, your husband is applying for a new visa, completely separate from anything you have done before. He is going to have to get his police cert, medical ALL the documents you had before etc. If he gets his visa after his interview at the Embassy and comes to the US, he will become a Permanent Resident as soon as he enters and he will be legal to live & work in the US indefinitely. At least this part will be D O N E.

Just complete the DS-230 that the NVC sent you, get him to sign it, and get it back to the NVC. They will forward the file to London, and London will send "Packet 3" to him, which are the instructions for getting ready for the visa interview and a list of documents he has to have ready. When he has them all ready, he mails the checklist he got back to the Embassy. They will then contact him about his interview date, and while he is waiting for the interview, he goes to his medical.

I still do not know myself what happens about the waiver; I'm sorry I can't put you at ease about that.

I really want you to not suffer so, and to understand what you're doing.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Timeline

thanks guys, Tess

Tess, please stop. Just stop for a minute.

This is not the US gov't's fault. You *need* some help with this; it's really hard to tell what you do understand and what you don't. If you keep sending money and forms in, CIS will happily accept them, but YOU need to get a grip on the process. You obviously have a LOT on your plate right now and it doesn't sound like you're getting much help anywhere.

Do you live in a city? Can you look up an organization like Catholic Charities, that can help you with some of the more in-depth questions?

I understand you saying that it wasn't working out too well for your husband in the US, but it doesn't sound like it's working out very well in the UK either.

Well, to the factual part, yes, your husband is applying for a new visa, completely separate from anything you have done before. He is going to have to get his police cert, medical ALL the documents you had before etc. If he gets his visa after his interview at the Embassy and comes to the US, he will become a Permanent Resident as soon as he enters and he will be legal to live & work in the US indefinitely. At least this part will be D O N E.

Just complete the DS-230 that the NVC sent you, get him to sign it, and get it back to the NVC. They will forward the file to London, and London will send "Packet 3" to him, which are the instructions for getting ready for the visa interview and a list of documents he has to have ready. When he has them all ready, he mails the checklist he got back to the Embassy. They will then contact him about his interview date, and while he is waiting for the interview, he goes to his medical.

I still do not know myself what happens about the waiver; I'm sorry I can't put you at ease about that.

I really want you to not suffer so, and to understand what you're doing.

Well I understand that the K-3 is seperate from the I-130, but I thought we were just completing the I-130 at this point. Instead of doing AOS in the USA we were just finishing that process from the UK. I read where people has did the K-3 and at this point they flew and finished in the UK cause it was quicker then doing AOS in the USA infact people incouraged us to do this way cause it was shorter. The time lines I have seen here from this point have been from 6 to 12weeks, but we know how time lines go. If we had done AOS there wouldnt have been a medical. When I did the K-3 and I-601 I was on top of things but I'm just worn down now. I'm my husbands agent so wont the packet come to me? If it goes to my husband he will be lost. He wont be able to do this paperwork. I sent in the DS230 fee bill yesterday, $380 so what happens now? I'll have to figure out how to fly over for the interview and sort everything for him. You should have seen him at the K-3 interview, he was fit to be tied. He has no patiences so this is all unbearable to him. To tell you the truth I dont want to be in the USA and I'm not sure he does either, but we come this far so we got to see it through. I fell in love with England when we were living there. I think about it all the time and dream about it all the time. Its my home now. But its my parents that keep me here for the moment. And I'm going to lose my marriage if I cant get an understanding of what is going to happen from this point with immigrations.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.