CocoG

Atlanta Interview Experience

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I submitted my citizenship application at the end of January 2017 with  my 10 year green card about to expire at the end of June 2017.  My citizenship interview  was scheduled for 12:30 pm today. I was surprised  that my appointment was scheduled for a Saturday.  I arrived at the Atlanta USCIS office 12 noon and cleared security. I was  then directed to the 3rd floor where I was given a ticket with a number and instructed on where to sit. My number was called by the immigration officer at approximately 1:05 pm. My officer  was a middle age lady Black female with a serious,  but professional demeanor.  She asked for my interview letter and ticket number. Upon entering the room I remained standing from reading other posts. The officer  instructed me to remain standing and  to but my belongings on a chair.  She then asked me to raise my right hand and swore me in. The officer had my  immigration file opened on the table in front of her and asked me for my green card and driver's license. I told her that my green card was about to expire so I went to USCIS  and received a stamp in my passport and my green card was taken from me by USCIS. The officer had me sign a "Record of Sworn Statement (Missing PRC)". The officer later said I would need to bring this form to the Oath Ceremony since I would not have a green card to turn in.

After completing the form , I was photographed and my index fingers were finger printed. The officer then reviewed each question on the application form. I was divorced twice and apparently omitted to add a separate piece of paper with my first husband's information. The officer had me complete a form with my first husband's information.  I for the life of me could not recall his year of birth, but it did not seem to matter. The officer  then handed me a piece of paper with a list of written  statements and asked me to read the statement on  line 1. which was "what month is Columbus Day in?".   She then handed the paper to me and asked me to write "Columbus Day is in October". I was then given the Civic Test and was asked the following questions:

1. Name one branch or part of the government?
  2. What did the Declaration of Independence do?
  3. We elect a US senator for how many years?
  4. If both the President and Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
  5. What does the President's Cabinet's Cabinet do?
  6. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?

The officer then had me sign some paperwork and handed me a piece of paper entitled "Naturalization Interview Results" with "You passed the English and US History and government tests checked and Congratulation! Your application is recommended for approval. The officer then said you should be notified of your oath ceremony date in 4 to 6 weeks.  The officer gave me the Record of Sworn Statement (PRC) form to submit at the oath ceremony. I left the office at 1:45 pm.

Today I am one step closer to the end of my Visa Journey and I could not have done so without the invaluable information obtained from this site. Thank you to all of you who take time to share and answer questions and offer assistance. You Rock!!!

AOS

6/23/06 - mailed AOS/EAD/I-130 for K-4 together

6/30/06 - rec'd NOA for AOS/I-130/EAD

7/06/06 - Appt notice issued for children's biometric

7/10/06 - rec'd notice, children's biometrics appt scheduled for 7/18/06

7/14/06 - rec'd notice for biometrics -appt. July 27,2006, E-mail notification of RFE

7/18/06 - biometrics completed for children and self

7/31/06 - e-mail notice that RFE info was rec'd and decision will be mailed for I765

8/23/06 - I-485 touched

9/12/06 - e-mail rec'd I765 approved, new card ordered

10/21/06 - I-485 touched,130 for children touched

10/22/06- I-485 touched ,EAD touched, I-485 for children touched

4/30/07- notice EAD for kids approved, will mail card after biometrics appt

5/2/07- 2nd biometrics appt for kids for I-485

5/14/07- I-485 Interview notice, scheduled for 5/30/2007

5/30/07- AOS interview completed, reset to 6/15/2007, need TB skin test results

6/15/07- Submitted TB test results Approval, pending receipt of original I-130 application , no stamp, just wait for card in mail.

6/21/07- e-mail rec'd, I-130 approved for children, approval letter was sent

6/21/07 - e-mail rec'd, Welcoming new permanent residents X 3

6/26/07 -Green Card Production e-mail X 3

6/29/07 - Notice approval of I-130 for children rec'd in mail, Welcome letter x 3 rec'd in mail

6/30/07- 10 yr GREEN CARD rec'd in mail!!!, still awaiting children's green cards

7/02/07 - 10 year GREEN CARDS rec'd in mail for girls!!!

SSN

7/3/07 - apply for new SSN for girls and new unrestricted card

A hearty Congratulations! We will soon be at that step. Hope our green card gets renewed first, but we will still send in the N-400 mid November.

I am the US Citizen

Journey to Citizenship for my spouse

Day 1    11-20-2017  Filed N-400 Online

Day 1    11-20-2017  NOA1 for N-400

Day 4    11-24-2017  NOA1 hardcopy arrived in the mail

Day 25  12-15-2017  Biometrics Appointment at Ft Smith, AR ASC

Day 104 03-02-2018 Notified Interview Letter Sent.

Day 151 04-18-2018 Interview at Fort Smith, AR 

Day 174 05-11-2018 Oath Ceremony at Fort Smith USCIS.

Day 1,370 - JOURNEY from K1 Visa to Oath of Citizenship is now COMPLETE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.