5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am about to file to Remove Conditions on my wife's PR.

Her and I live in NJ as our permanent residence.

Usually she stays in NJ and goes to college while I travel for work.

Since May 2005 her and I have an apartment in Louisville, KY but still maintain NJ as our permanent residence. Also, use the NJ address for tax purposes.

I would like to file the I-751 using the Louisville address. So, when the setup the interview for Biometrics we can go locally instead of flying back to NJ just for that.

Do you think I should file an AR-11 for our temporary address?

Then use the temporary address when I file the I-751?

Also, there is a question that on the I-751 regarding residing at different addresses since becoming a PR. I am thinking we need to answer yes to this one since she was with me one summer in Indianapolis and now here since May 2005.

Any input appreciated.

Regards,

Thao and Steve

Mailed I-129F application to VSC 9/15/03.

VSC recieved on 9/19/03.

NOA1 recieved on 9/??/03 but recieved the news on 9/30/03.

NOA2 online approval 11/14/03

NVC sends approval to HCMC, Saigon baby, on 11/24/03.

HCMC receives electronic approval from NVC, on 11/27/03.

HCMC receives physical file from NVC, on 12/03/03.

Fiancee receives Packet 3, on 12/07/03.

Mailed I-485 and I-765 to Cherry Hill 6/26/04

Thao and Steve (Vietnam)

Filed: Timeline

Thao and Steve,

You've been living in Louisville for almost 2 years now, and apparently will remain there for the foreseeable future? I think I'd consider that my present place of residence for immigration purposes, even if I still owned or leased a place to live in Willingboro and intended to return there eventually. (I faced a similar quandry when petitioning for my wife a few years back.)

Just out of curiosity, in which state are you licensed to drive and where are your car(s) registered. Does it cause you any insurance problems?

Yodrak

I am about to file to Remove Conditions on my wife's PR.

Her and I live in NJ as our permanent residence.

Usually she stays in NJ and goes to college while I travel for work.

Since May 2005 her and I have an apartment in Louisville, KY but still maintain NJ as our permanent residence. Also, use the NJ address for tax purposes.

I would like to file the I-751 using the Louisville address. So, when the setup the interview for Biometrics we can go locally instead of flying back to NJ just for that.

Do you think I should file an AR-11 for our temporary address?

Then use the temporary address when I file the I-751?

Also, there is a question that on the I-751 regarding residing at different addresses since becoming a PR. I am thinking we need to answer yes to this one since she was with me one summer in Indianapolis and now here since May 2005.

Any input appreciated.

Regards,

Thao and Steve

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline

Yodrak,

Thanks for the reply.

We have been here in Louisville almost a year now. Here we live in an apartment.

We own a house in Willingboro, NJ and file our taxes based on our NJ residence. Also, our drivers license and cars are registered in NJ.

My car insurance company is NJM which is not a nationwide carrier. They finally told me since I travel so often for work I need to get a nationwide carrier.

So, do you think I should fill out the AR-11?

Saying that Louisville is our temporary address, which it is for as long as this client is willing to pay me. Which now is to the end of 2007.

Regards,

Thao and Steve

VSC recieved on 9/19/03.

Thao and Steve (Vietnam)

Filed: Timeline

Steve,

Since May 2005 is almost 2 years?

In any event, an interesting quandry. Looking at your situation again, I see that Thao has not yet petitioned for removal of conditions. If she uses the Willingboro address she sends to the VSC, if the Louisville address to the TSC. The SC's will schedule the biometrics for the ASC that is nearest - Philly for Willingboro, Louisville for Louisville. The biometrics notice will include instructions as to what to do to change the appointment, and you will need a good reason. I don't have a notice with me to know the details.

Enough random thoughts - looking at I-765 I see that it provides for both address and mailing address. I think I'd be tempted to show Willingboro as the address and Louisville as the mailing address, and include in the cover letter (which may or may not be paid any attention to) and attached to the petition itself a request for biometrics in Louisville because that's where you are temporarily located for the next few months. (I wouldn't mention how long you've been there - TMI). Then see where the biometics are scheduled for. If scheduled for Willingboro I see several options:

- try going to Louisville with the scheduling notice and your copy of the petition requesting Louisville, and grovel

- try following the directions to change the appointment

- buy a round-trip plane ticket to Phily

One problem with this - changing the mailing address in the event that you are back in Willingboro, or someplace else, by the time the application is approved and the new green card is sent. But that may be a problem no matter what you show as the mailing address as you may not be there when the approval comes.

Good luck and please report back as the situation unfolds.

Yodrak

Almost forgot - I had the same issue with NJM, I see that things haven't changed. But then I also had a problem finding another inusurer that I wanted that would write a policy for a NJ registered vehicle.

Yodrak,

Thanks for the reply.

We have been here in Louisville almost a year now. Here we live in an apartment.

We own a house in Willingboro, NJ and file our taxes based on our NJ residence. Also, our drivers license and cars are registered in NJ.

My car insurance company is NJM which is not a nationwide carrier. They finally told me since I travel so often for work I need to get a nationwide carrier.

So, do you think I should fill out the AR-11?

Saying that Louisville is our temporary address, which it is for as long as this client is willing to pay me. Which now is to the end of 2007.

Regards,

Thao and Steve

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline

Yodrak,

You are correct...I meant to put May 2006. I get lost traveling around the U.S..

Steve

VSC recieved on 9/19/03.

Thao and Steve (Vietnam)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.