Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Jane D said:

They scheduled my N400 interview today too! But I don't know the date yet. I filed for I-751 in May 2017 and for N400 in May 2018, online.

The N400 interview appointment notice should show the date for your interview. I looked for it in the documents tab but didn't see it the first time I logged on. I logged off and after logging on a second time after maybe a half hour or so, the document showed up out of no where and I was able to check my wife's interview day. Hope that helps.

13 hours ago, Lu & Soso said:

Congratulations, @qiaoxiaopang for your scheduled interview! This process is hard to endure sometimes, but keep doing your part and make a followup to every request asked and inquiry you have. Don't stop believing, because all shall come to an end. 

Thanks Lu & Soso, it's been a long road to US citizenship for her and I'm sure she'll be glad after finishing up the interview. I'm just hoping that she can get to take the Oath ceremony same day. We'll see what happens and post a reply once it's said and done :)

8 hours ago, qiaoxiaopang said:

The N400 interview appointment notice should show the date for your interview. I looked for it in the documents tab but didn't see it the first time I logged on. I logged off and after logging on a second time after maybe a half hour or so, the document showed up out of no where and I was able to check my wife's interview day. Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot, I have the similar timeline with you and I just checked and found my interview was scheduled as well!

On 10/31/2018 at 9:08 AM, qiaoxiaopang said:

My interview was scheduled for December 5. I was able to see it the next day, when I logged in online to my dhs account and went to Tab with Documents, in Citizenship application. But first notification came with Case tracker app.

Guys, question about bills and pictures. How many years of bills do you need to bring, if you are a combo filer.  Like 2 years for green card, that you filed with and around 2 years for citizenship? So like 4 years of bills ? Or just last 2 years?

Also pictures, in what format ( I mean  do you also put it in album, or they are just photos by themselves)  and how many pictures are you taking with you? Like 20 is enough ? or you are taking previously submitted pictures as well?

3 hours ago, Jane D said:

Guys, question about bills and pictures. How many years of bills do you need to bring, if you are a combo filer.  Like 2 years for green card, that you filed with and around 2 years for citizenship? So like 4 years of bills ? Or just last 2 years?

Also pictures, in what format ( I mean  do you also put it in album, or they are just photos by themselves)  and how many pictures are you taking with you? Like 20 is enough ? or you are taking previously submitted pictures as well?

Hi @Jane DI would advise you to take bills of, at least the last 3-4 years bills (since your marriage if applying based on marriage with an American). You are trying to depict a picture of you still sharing a life together. When in comes to photos, it's photos of you together throughout the years. It could be on a trip, outing (restaurant, family gatherings, with friends). Again, you are trying to show that you continue to share a life together. If you share credit cards, you can make copies showing the same account, but different names. I didn't put photos in an album, but if you can, organize them and write short narrative of the events. Previously submitted picture are not worth taking, because they have them already. It is the latest, or rather the continuation since your last submission that are being sought. Good luck!

On 11/4/2018 at 1:01 PM, Lu & Soso said:

Hi @Jane DI would advise you to take bills of, at least the last 3-4 years bills (since your marriage if applying based on marriage with an American). You are trying to depict a picture of you still sharing a life together. When in comes to photos, it's photos of you together throughout the years. It could be on a trip, outing (restaurant, family gatherings, with friends). Again, you are trying to show that you continue to share a life together. If you share credit cards, you can make copies showing the same account, but different names. I didn't put photos in an album, but if you can, organize them and write short narrative of the events. Previously submitted picture are not worth taking, because they have them already. It is the latest, or rather the continuation since your last submission that are being sought. Good luck!

Thank you for your advice! It is really helpful !! The only thing is I just realized today that I didn't take the copies of the bills , which I applied with for 2-d green card.. Originally I thought I would be able to reprint it from online.They have it with that application that I sent to them, but I don't have the copy of them and can't print those 2 years out of 4 total from online, as some service providers don't store that info for more than 2 years, 2 most recent years. The good thing at least Bank statements and Auto insurance , I will probably have all 4 years. Again thanks for your help!

42 minutes ago, Jane D said:

Thank you for your advice! It is really helpful !! The only thing is I just realized today that I didn't take the copies of the bills , which I applied with for 2-d green card.. Originally I thought I would be able to reprint it from online.They have it with that application that I sent to them, but I don't have the copy of them and can't print those 2 years out of 4 total from online, as some service providers don't store that info for more than 2 years, 2 most recent years. The good thing at least Bank statements and Auto insurance , I will probably have all 4 years. Again thanks for your help!

Hi Jane DDon't worry about the copies you mailed, they have those and don't need them. It is the recent or updated ones, like a continuation of when you were last interviewed or continuation of what you sent already. For instance, if you previously sent, say an electric bill or bank statement of October 2016. I would bring October 2017 and 2018 copies of those bills, etc. If you also additional recent activity between you and your, like new accounts, recent photos, etc, bring them with you.

On 11/9/2018 at 5:25 PM, DonaDony said:

For the folks who already took their oaths. Did you get a chance to apply for Passport at the same time of the ceremony? Or you did it on a different day?

Thanks!!! 

After my oath they told us that we can register to vote on the spot (took me less than 5 minutes even with all those other people doing it at the same time) they didn't bring up the passport. I had my oath in May and I still have not applied for my passport...I should probably do that soon

44 minutes ago, agrzybianek said:

After my oath they told us that we can register to vote on the spot (took me less than 5 minutes even with all those other people doing it at the same time) they didn't bring up the passport. I had my oath in May and I still have not applied for my passport...I should probably do that soon

Thank you, agrzybianek!!

Edited by DonaDony

On 11/9/2018 at 5:25 PM, DonaDony said:

For the folks who already took their oaths. Did you get a chance to apply for Passport at the same time of the ceremony? Or you did it on a different day?

Thanks!!! 

I needed a passport ASAP as I was flying internationally two days later, I had already made my appointment with the Chicago passport office for an expedited passport so with certificate and copy along with the photos I got mine the next day. - same day service. My ceremony was in Peoria, notnsure if you have a Chicago oath then maybe you could do it same day if you get a copy of your certificate from a local place. May not be able to get a same day passport but certainly can apply. 

1 minute ago, kdg said:

I needed a passport ASAP as I was flying internationally two days later, I had already made my appointment with the Chicago passport office for an expedited passport so with certificate and copy along with the photos I got mine the next day. - same day service. My ceremony was in Peoria, notnsure if you have a Chicago oath then maybe you could do it same day if you get a copy of your certificate from a local place. May not be able to get a same day passport but certainly can apply. 

Thank you, kdg!! Very valuable information. Btw, do you get a chance to pick up your passport personally, or they mail it to you? Thanks!

8 hours ago, DonaDony said:

Thank you, kdg!! Very valuable information. Btw, do you get a chance to pick up your passport personally, or they mail it to you? Thanks!

I got it personally same day. Make sure you get an early appointment, be there for opening time, you hand in all your documents and pay (it is an extra $60 for same day expedited so total of $205) and they tell you to return between 3 and 4 to collect. I went back at 2.30 and was called straight away to collect. I was flying the next morning so had no choice! I think they can mail it to you to save the extra $60.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.