Nina77ricci

After I-751 interview

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, I hope you all have a good day. please share any new interview experiences. I had mine on July 11th, and no decision.

Please let me know if they kept the expired green card? Cause they kept mine and how long does it take to get notice.

I really appreciate.

Nina

Can you please share the questions asked during the interview? My interview is in 2 days and I don't want to get surprised. It would help if you would  list few of the questions they asked you. Thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I surrendered my GC at my Info Pass appointment back in April. I had my I-751 interview in June and I was told that I was approved but I have yet to receive my Green Card. I called USCIS and of course they had no idea what I was talking about and couldn't provide ANY update. Their records still indicated that my petition was still under review and had no record of my RFE or interview. This whole process has been incredibly frustrating. Anyways, on to your question. The interview was brief. They asked for our updated address, confirmed some of the documents we provided and that was about it. 

12-25-2011 - One Merry Christmas text started it all <3
01-28-2012 - We fell for each other
09-22-2012 - He asked me to be his forever girl
10-15-2012 - I-129F SENT
10-22-2012 - NOA1 Received

05-01-2013 - NOA2 Received

05-15-2013 - NVC Received

05-16-2013 - NVC Sent
05-23-2013 - Montreal Received
05-27-2013 - Packet 3 Sent

05-31-2013 - Packet 4 Received

05-01-2013 - Interview booked for August 12, 2013!!

07-10-2013 - Medical completed in Toronto!!

08-12-2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!

01-14-2016 - I-751 Removing Conditions - SENT

01-22-2016 - Check Cleared

event.png

18 hours ago, Raza12 said:

Can you please share the questions asked during the interview? My interview is in 2 days and I don't want to get surprised. It would help if you would  list few of the questions they asked you. Thanks! 

We were not asked too many questions, just where did we met, Why my checks have only my name on, but its joint account, or what's my religion. Our appointment was not nice one, our officer was very rude, all he did is made me cry. Saying even I'm 33 weeks pregnant doesn't mean anything. He kept our 2016 tax returns and my Expired green card. That's all

We have no decision, no update, nothing! good luck to yours and please share your experience!

27 minutes ago, LittleSparrow said:

I surrendered my GC at my Info Pass appointment back in April. I had my I-751 interview in June and I was told that I was approved but I have yet to receive my Green Card. I called USCIS and of course they had no idea what I was talking about and couldn't provide ANY update. Their records still indicated that my petition was still under review and had no record of my RFE or interview. This whole process has been incredibly frustrating. Anyways, on to your question. The interview was brief. They asked for our updated address, confirmed some of the documents we provided and that was about it. 

I had approval letter back in January2017! after 2 weeks I received error letter and interview notice. This is so crazy, my case has been in process since sept 2015 and still no decision! Did they keep your expired green card?

• 6 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.