tab0712

Help with tax transcripts

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Has anyone had to order their transcripts through the mail (vs online or over the phone)? My father (now retired) is the co sponsor and went to do it online, but they aren't recognizing his address (been the at that address over 20 years).

Anyone help with us making the right selection on the form? Is it return transcripts...account transcript or record of account? We don't want to fudge this up and are already annoyed he can't do the other request.

13 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

Has anyone had to order their transcripts through the mail (vs online or over the phone)? My father (now retired) is the co sponsor and went to do it online, but they aren't recognizing his address (been the at that address over 20 years).

Anyone help with us making the right selection on the form? Is it return transcripts...account transcript or record of account? We don't want to fudge this up and are already annoyed he can't do the other request.

Is not a big deal I had to order mine via mail because it said I wasn't eligible to get an online one, idk why but just get it mailed to you, it usually takes about 10 days. you want to get a tax transcript.  Good luck

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sol1427 said:

Is not a big deal I had to order mine via mail because it said I wasn't eligible to get an online one, idk why but just get it mailed to you, it usually takes about 10 days. you want to get a tax transcript.  Good luck

Thank you. So I assume that is the first option return transcript? the problem is, he is over seas right now, and I will be back in the States in 2 weeks just for a couple days, so timing is not on our side. Doing it online would ensure the transcripts would be there when I arrived. 

3 hours ago, tab0712 said:

Thank you. So I assume that is the first option return transcript? the problem is, he is over seas right now, and I will be back in the States in 2 weeks just for a couple days, so timing is not on our side. Doing it online would ensure the transcripts would be there when I arrived. 

Get it online. If everything has been filed accordingly, your father will be able to download it off IRS website. If he can't seem to download it, he just needs to call them and they'll usually verify a few details and then he'll be able to download just find. 

And yes, he needs to download the tax return transcripts :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline

As a retiree, does he only need to provide the transcripts, or does the Social Security Administration provide statements that need to accompany the transcript?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.