jordoc

Embassy in Moscow wait

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I sent k-1 application Dec 6,2006. NOA2 was sent to NVC Feb 27. NVC sent hard package to Moscow approximately end of March. Many MOS numbers (and WAC #) that were sent after ours have been being posted for interviews for June. My 4 month period for visa ends June 26. Why do they approve interview dates for some of those so quick, and not others? What is the mystery here on straight forward cases? What do they have to do further to complete processing. It seems like they just randomly process the package rather than in numbered order. There is only the "call back in 2 weeks, it is processing, with no details as to when" . Any info or experiences? thanks- jordoc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I sent k-1 application Dec 6,2006. NOA2 was sent to NVC Feb 27. NVC sent hard package to Moscow approximately end of March. Many MOS numbers (and WAC #) that were sent after ours have been being posted for interviews for June. My 4 month period for visa ends June 26. Why do they approve interview dates for some of those so quick, and not others? What is the mystery here on straight forward cases? What do they have to do further to complete processing. It seems like they just randomly process the package rather than in numbered order. There is only the "call back in 2 weeks, it is processing, with no details as to when" . Any info or experiences? thanks- jordoc

You might want to post this in the Russia forum.

Met Dec. 4 2006

1st visit to Russia - Jan. 23-30.

Engaged Jan. 24

CSC recieved and pending - NOA1 March 1

Touched- March 9 - recieved NOA1 hard copy in mail.

2nd visit - March 12 -27

Touched - May 23 (pleeeeeeeeeeeease)

APPROVED MAY 22 (On 5/25 I did the RFE trick and the CSC said it was approved 5/22. The dufus at USCIS was completely positive they were only working on Nov. 2006 petitions)

May 30th- Petition leaves CSC for NVC.

3rd visit - May 31 - August 31 ( If all goes well she will come home with me!!!)

Left NVC June 11th (I called everyday since 5/30 and they never recieved it??? Then on 6/13 I called and it was not only recieved but already sent to the embassy 6/11?? 

INTERVIEW 8/22

July 3rd-Recieved Packet

8/22 Interview was a sucess!!!

8/31 We arrive at JFK. Problem free entry.

10/26 Married!

1/15/08 Sent I-485

2/26 NOA

3/21 Biometrics Appointment

3/29 Received EAD Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.