Have Faith

Current Passport Renewal/Application System

8 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I just wanted to ask since I am having trouble with the current passport appointment system.

I need my passport renewed here in the Philippines asap. I currently reside at NCR, at ang DFA NCR satellite offices have fully booked slots for the passport appointment until August!

I have checked with travel agencies, but upon my inquiry with them, down ang system ng DFA for 2 weeks na for the passport application. What they wanted me to do was pay for my slot (which was fishy) so I can reserve it for the month of June. There is still no guarantee on when the system will be up.

SO since wala akong choice for the NCR area, i booked for a slot in Pampanga, and the latest available slot I got was for August 18. I have not checked with DFA satellite offices in person yet, and I got wind that someone was able to process his passport by walking in to DFA Megamall just recently. I will definitely check it out this week.

IS there no update for the passport renewal system yet? What I know is according to news, DFA sec. Cayetano has issued a memo to abolish the online system and revert to the old system. I know the booked slots for June to August for the NCR area has been monopolized by the travel agencies, so since their system is down recently, what would be the option for those who have booked for those dates?

Thank you so much!

Timeline
On 5/30/2017 at 5:01 PM, Hank_ said:

Appointment is required.. haven't heard of anyone doing a walk-in lately.

https://www.dfa.gov.ph/renewal-of-passport-requirements

Yes there is. There is a so-called courtesy line in some dfa sites if you fit the requirement. At robinsons galleria as well they have lanes for walk in ofws. Just got info that they do entertain urgent cases. 

Edited by Have Faith

Timeline
On 6/7/2017 at 11:43 AM, Hank_ said:

Good to hear some offices will consider a walk-in.   Wonder what they consider urgent..

Did you try doing a walk-in?

Yes i have tried and they told me i need a recommendation letter so they will process mine. It should be from an immigration officer or someone from dfa. As for the courtesy lane, ofws, minors 7 yrs below, pwds and seniors are welcome.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.