komirra

Shipping immigration documents to Ghana from USA

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 5/22/2017 at 10:28 PM, komirra said:

by that do you mean that it takes 12-16 days to get to Ghana, then sites in accra for 2 weeks ( so a total of about a month to recieve the item) or that it takes a total of about 12-16 days for your husband to recieve it (including wait time in accra. ) also, do you send it to a postal service for pick up, or can it be sent to a persons home? My husbadn is in madina. Also, if it doesn't come to the house, how would my husband be notified that it is there? Sorry for so many questions, but nervous about sending mail  internationally. 

I mailed a package for my girls interview.it sat at the post office and someone kept telling us its not in. Finally she went to the back office and gave the tracking # to another woman who went to found the package to enable her make it to the interview the following day. Sucks huh !!.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 5/23/2017 at 2:25 PM, ChelAnnan31 said:

I used USPS Priority... 5 to 6 business days. I mailed the same documents you are sending plus some. It arrived when it said it would 6 days later. Tracking etc..cost me about $56 after taxes. Was very reliable and my husband is in the Western Region, not Accra; Takoradi to be precise... they put a slip in his post office box and he went to Main post office paid 7gh and received his package.. save your money, you can use USPS priority!! 

Then you were very lucky, My Priority EXPRESS by USPS took 14 days to reach Ghana. I was upset and distressed, because the CO and Embassy's deadline has passed. CRAZY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.