dq2000

Vietnamese Address

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Out of curiousity, how are you all writing Vietnamese (unique because we share the same alphabet) addresses in these goverment forms?

For example....Quan Binh Thanh means Binh Thanh District. In the G325A, do they want it in Vietnamese or the English equilvalent? And if they send my finance something to, for example, THANH DUYEN STREET, will the Vietnamese mailman know what the heck that means?

God, sorry for asking what has got to be the most ####### question ever :blush:

:dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Out of curiousity, how are you all writing Vietnamese (unique because we share the same alphabet) addresses in these goverment forms?

For example....Quan Binh Thanh means Binh Thanh District. In the G325A, do they want it in Vietnamese or the English equilvalent? And if they send my finance something to, for example, THANH DUYEN STREET, will the Vietnamese mailman know what the heck that means?

God, sorry for asking what has got to be the most ####### question ever :blush:

:dance:

I used to live and work in Vietnam.

You can write it like you did in the example (THANH DUYEN STREET). If you put Q1, Quan 1 or District 1, it will all get to the same destination. They're used to seeing it either way.

3AD

02/06/2006 - Sent I-129F to TSC

02/08/2006 - Received by TSC, transferred to CSC

02/15/2006 - NOA1 from CSC

02/17/2006 - check cleared bank

03/21/2006 - Per recommendation of attorney, sent add'l docs to amend I-129F

03/27/2006 - Per recommendation of attorney, sent same add'l docs via certified mail (in case first got lost)

05/02/2006 - NOA2 from CSC (via email notification)

07/22/2006 - Packet 3 received

08/12/2006 - Packet 3 sent

10/03/2006 - Packet 4 received

10/26/2006 - Interview at Embassy, 221g (blue slip): advised how to file for citizenship of child (??)

11/29/2006 - Pink slip received after attorney met with immigration chief

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I used to use the English Translation. District 3, Ward 6. Felt like I was writing a prison inmate.

Edited by dalegg

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I still live/work in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and echo all of the previous posts to this message regarding the use of either written way.

We used the English (i.e. district, street, etc.) addressing throughout our whole application.

I just received a package in the mail this past week that was addressed to me in the English written way. Not to worry.

If you have any other Vietnam related questions, feel free to PM me and I'll help as much as I can.

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.