VisaDJ

Interview Day - US Embassy (London) - My Experience

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
9 hours ago, Sojourner said:

@VisaDJ Congrats on the good news!! So pleased for you. And thanks for the detailed account of your experience at the embassy. Very helpful. On quick question: at what point did you pay the interview fee? Before you turn up or on the day? How much was it? Thanks!

You and VisaDJ are getting different visas. What he did doesn't apply to you.

From the London website:

Immigrant Visa Applicants (Sojourner) – pay the fee to the Embassy cashier on the day of the visa interview.  Fees may be paid in cash – sterling or dollar equivalent; by International Money Order or Bankers Draft; Credit Card – Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, Discover or American Express; or Debit Card with the Visa logo. The Embassy does not accept any other credit or debit cards, or personal checks.  

K Visa Applicants (VisaDJ)  –  pay the MRV application fee via the Consular Section’s Visa Information and Appointment Services contractor prior to the visa interview.  Information regarding payment will be provided to you in your visa interview appointment letter.

Fees:

• Immediate Relative and Family Preference applicants:$325.00
  • Employment Preference applicants: $345.00
  • Special immigrants including widow/widower of a U.S. citizen: $205.00
  • Diversity Immigrants – $330
  • Applicants for Returning Resident Status – $180.00
  • K visa applicants – $ 265.00

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Also, just an additional point I forgot to include with my original post:

You CAN take phones / tablets etc. into the embassy with you.

You CANNOT take laptops & larger electronic devices.

You CAN also take food / drinks etc (I had water & some sweets in my bag).

I know it's only a small point, but it definitely made me feel better to be able to message my fiancee and friends, while I was in the waiting room :) 

• 1 month later...

@VisaDJ This is so helpful thank you!! Also, congrats! I have my interview on Monday at 1pm, hopefully won't be a long wait.

Have a question - have gone through the list of required documents several times, and checked many websites, however I don't recall it stating bringing the employer letter? Where did you get this info before the interview? I'm not sure if I will be able to get this in time as my fiancé is travelling/won't have access to this yet :/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Visa90 said:

@VisaDJ This is so helpful thank you!! Also, congrats! I have my interview on Monday at 1pm, hopefully won't be a long wait.

Have a question - have gone through the list of required documents several times, and checked many websites, however I don't recall it stating bringing the employer letter? Where did you get this info before the interview? I'm not sure if I will be able to get this in time as my fiancé is travelling/won't have access to this yet :/

His fiancé provided an employer letter to prove her income on the affidavit of support. Other things can be used like a 2016 tax return with W2, 2016 tax transcript, or pay stubs. It doesn't have to be an employer letter. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.