nikpatel

Post Interview Visa Status

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all!

Happy to share that my wife's visa interview (IR1-CR1) in Montreal was successful and they told her that the visa would be granted!  Have a question regarding the timeline moving forward:

- Fri 5/12 -- Visa interview passed, Wife was told she would have the visa in 7-10 working days

- Fri 5/12 -- CEAC Visa Status site shows a status of "Ready" (no change) but that the case was last updated on 5/12

- Thu 5/18 -- CEAC Visa Status site still shows a status of "Ready" (no change) but the case was now last updated on 5/18

How is the case being updated but the status remaining the same?  I just want to understand what status messages I should be looking for, what they all mean, and what the timeline looks like moving forward.

I should note that while the status says "Ready" the paragraph below it says that "Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview...." which doesn't make any sense since the interview has already occurred.

Any help/clarification here would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

Nik (& Vanisha)

PS -- Just wanted to say thank you to all of the wonderful contributors in this community.  We all collectively help to keep one another sane.  Love the way that people of all backgrounds come together here!  =)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, this is how mine went.  I checked everyday and for the first 5 days after my interview, my case would say "Ready" but the last update date was that day.  Usually this means that different people are touching your file before issuing your wife's visa. ( I assume that you have registered online for the delivery service....btw I paid the extra $$ to have it delivered to my house)  I will tell you that overall it took 20 days from interview to delivery, but don't let this scare you as I had the unfortunate timing of interviewing on Dec 15....the holidays cause most of the delay. 

Congratulations and good luck!!   

Thanks for the response, NovaSprings!  Hoping my wife can get her visa before next weekend and she can spend Memorial Day (one of the few holidays I get off of work) as a true resident!

Anyone else's experiences are more than welcome here; the more data points we all have the better.  I'll make sure to update the thread when I have updates to share.  =)

In my experience the main processing centers (e.g. NVC) tend to provide the online updates. In my case, the field office did not update the online status so it was completely unexpected when I received four e-mails and four SMS messages from the national center that produces cards saying that my case was approved.

On 5/25/2017 at 11:38 AM, nikpatel said:

Interesting, and good to know.  Thanks for sharing lloy0076!  We are at 8 business days now without an update or a text/e-mail notification, so hoping to see something soon!

Hi there!  I was wondering if you had received notification of the Visa being issued?  We were there Friday morning for the interview and were approved, however, the officer said the medical had the wrong expiration date on it so they would have to get it sorted out with the doctor.  The officer also said not to expect any delay in getting the Visa in hand and my husband should have it in two weeks.  The status changed from Ready to "Administrative Processing" on Friday and there has been no activity since.  I know it is only Tuesday, but, the Administrative Processing has me concerned!  The officer kept my husbands passport and did not issue a 221g.

Just curious to see if any others went through this and see if you had received your passport yet nikpatel.

Our status changed to 'Issued' last Friday, but the blurb underneath the status said it was still in processing.

This morning the status was still 'Issued' but the blurb changed to reflect that we should receive it within 5 business days.  That said, we still have not received an e-mail or text notification that it has been mailed out (with tracking info).

Today is officially 10 business days and 18 days overall since the interview.  Hoping that it's delivered by the end of the week, but still no confirmation that it's been sent out, so I'm holding off on buying a ticket for my wife to fly to the States.

4 hours ago, fnycarchc said:

Hi there!  I was wondering if you had received notification of the Visa being issued?  We were there Friday morning for the interview and were approved, however, the officer said the medical had the wrong expiration date on it so they would have to get it sorted out with the doctor.  The officer also said not to expect any delay in getting the Visa in hand and my husband should have it in two weeks.  The status changed from Ready to "Administrative Processing" on Friday and there has been no activity since.  I know it is only Tuesday, but, the Administrative Processing has me concerned!  The officer kept my husbands passport and did not issue a 221g.

Just curious to see if any others went through this and see if you had received your passport yet nikpatel.

Hi all,

Just wanted to add an update here:

- Fri 5/12 -- Visa interview passed, Wife was told she would have the visa in 7-10 working days

- Fri 5/12 -- CEAC Visa Status site shows a status of "Ready" (no change) but that the case was last updated on 5/12

- Thu 5/18 -- CEAC Visa Status site still shows a status of "Ready" (no change) but the case was now last updated on 5/18

- Fri 5/26 -- CEAC Visa Status site shows a status of "Issued" but the blurb below the status states that it is still processing

- Tue 5/30 -- CEAC Visa Status site shows a status of "Issued" and the blurb below states that it should be received in 5 business days and provides a tracking link (link is broken; I think it's a Loomis link that is no longer used)

- Wed 5/31 -- Tracking information received, scheduled to be delivered on Thursday via Express Post

- Thu 6/1 -- Visa packet received!  Everything appeared to be in order and correct, so no additional contact needed with the US Consulate

- Thu 6/8 -- Wife is scheduled to cross the border

Will update with dates on when her Social Security and Green Card is received as well if folks would like.  Hope our experience is helpful to those out there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.