Jump to content
togsonkaks

NVC Need More Documents(Nigerians)

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone,

 

I am a Nigerian residing in Cyprus. I am applying for a family based visa, wife is from the US. We just got a response from NVC that they need additional documents. I have been requested to get another police clearance report. This is the message I got:

 

"The Nigerian police force no longer accepts requests made through the American Embassy. Requests should be addressed to The Deputy Inspector General, Criminal Investigation Department, Nigerian Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria. Fee should be in the form of an international bank draft payable to the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Fingerprint Section, Nigerian Police Force.

The applicant's letter must state full name, place and date of birth, nationality, passport number, date and place of issuance (for current passport or passport used during applicant's stay in Nigeria), exact periods of residence in Nigeria and addresses where applicant resided. Each applicant 16 years of age and over must enclose (1) a copy of the first three data pages of his or her passport, (2) the pages containing Nigerian visas, entry and departure stamps and (3) a complete set of fingerprints taken by the police in the district where the applicant resides."

 

My questions are:

1. What are the documents that I need to send to NVC? Just the Police report and Fingerprint cards.?

2. "Fee should be in the form of an international bank draft payable to the Deputy Inspector

General of Police, Fingerprint Section, Nigerian Police Force."  Can I just ask a family member to make the payment for me? Does NVC need the Payment Receipt?

 

 

I will really appreciate if you can enlighten me more on this.

 

Look forward to hearing from you.

 

Thanks Everyone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, togsonkaks said:

Hello Everyone,

 

I am a Nigerian residing in Cyprus. I am applying for a family based visa, wife is from the US. We just got a response from NVC that they need additional documents. I have been requested to get another police clearance report. This is the message I got:

 

"The Nigerian police force no longer accepts requests made through the American Embassy. Requests should be addressed to The Deputy Inspector General, Criminal Investigation Department, Nigerian Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria. Fee should be in the form of an international bank draft payable to the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Fingerprint Section, Nigerian Police Force.

The applicant's letter must state full name, place and date of birth, nationality, passport number, date and place of issuance (for current passport or passport used during applicant's stay in Nigeria), exact periods of residence in Nigeria and addresses where applicant resided. Each applicant 16 years of age and over must enclose (1) a copy of the first three data pages of his or her passport, (2) the pages containing Nigerian visas, entry and departure stamps and (3) a complete set of fingerprints taken by the police in the district where the applicant resides."

 

My questions are:

1. What are the documents that I need to send to NVC? Just the Police report and Fingerprint cards.?

2. "Fee should be in the form of an international bank draft payable to the Deputy Inspector

General of Police, Fingerprint Section, Nigerian Police Force."  Can I just ask a family member to make the payment for me? Does NVC need the Payment Receipt?

 

 

I will really appreciate if you can enlighten me more on this.

 

Look forward to hearing from you.

 

Thanks Everyone.

 

Always check the nvc website for information on reciprocity by country.

 

required documentation for Nigeria: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/NI.html


NVC Process Guide for UK:  NVC Process (timelines, numbers, documents, steps)  

_______________________________________________________________________________________

TIMELINE (CR1 Spouse Visa)
USCIS Phase (Married in England September 3, 2016!)
Spoiler
  • 09-22-2016:  I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox (USPS Priority)
  • 09-25-2016:  USPS Priority delivery confirmation
  • 09-26-2016:  Priority date assigned (USC Spouse)
  • 09-28-2016:  I-797C NOA1 Email/Text received, check cashed; case sent to Nebraska Service Center
  • 10-03-2016:  I-797C NOA1 Hardcopy received
  • 02-15-2017:  Case transferred to Texas Service Center
  • 03-16-2017:  NOA2 Approval Date
  • 03-22-2017:  USCIS sent case to NVC, Case Status changed to "We sent your case to the Department of State for visa processing"
  • 03-23-2017:  NOA2 Harcdopy received

NVC Phase

Spoiler
  • 03-30-2017:  Case Received By NVC
  • 04-04-2017:  Case # and IIN Assigned (called NVC to confirm)
  • 04-05-2017:  DS-261 unlocked & completed, called NVC and reviewed over the phone (IV fee will unlock after a week)
  • 04-06-2017:  Received NVC Welcome Letter via Email, AOS Fee unlocked & paid online
  • 04-07-2017:  Called NVC again and rep stated DS 261 was not actually reviewed.  Re-reviewed DS-261
  • 04-11-2017:  Welcome Letter email received, IV Fee unlocked & paid online
  • 04-13-2017:  DS-260 unlocked
  • 04-14-2017:  DS-260 submitted
  • 04-30-2017:  Affidavit of Support/Documents sent via Fedex Priority Overnight (sent Sunday, to be delivered Tuesday)
  • 05-02-2017:  Affidavit of Support/Documents delivered to NVC
  • 05-04-2017:  Document Scan Date
  • 06-28-2017:  Checklist for Court Records (even though beneficiary has never been to court); escalated to Supervisor who requested case files
  • 07-03-2017:  CASE COMPLETE!!!  Called NVC on July 5 and representative confirmed status
  • 07-11-2017:  Case Complete email confirmation received
  • 07-13-2017:  NVC rep confirmed Interview Date assigned
  • 07-14-2017:  Email confirmation of Interview
  • 07-20-2017:  11 Week (77 day) expected Case Complete from Scan Date (5/4/2017)
  • 07-21-2017:  Appointment with General Practitioner to get all required shots and medical history
  • 08-01-2017,   1:10PM:  Immigration medical with Knighstbridge Doctors in London
  • 08-11-2017:  Medical files received by Consulate
  • 08-16-2017, 12:30PM:  Interview in London!!
  • 08-17-2017:  Visa status changed to Administrative Processing, then several hours later to "Issued"
  • 08-22-2017:  Passport with Visa delivered (paid for home delivery); paid immigration fee and added case to MyUSCIS for alerts
  • 11-18-2017:  Move date 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JessieABC said:

Always check the nvc website for information on reciprocity by country.

 

required documentation for Nigeria: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/NI.html

That means NVC gave you checklists of police clearance certificate from Nigeria. I believe if u had already submitted Cyrus police clearance certificate,  you just need only Nigeria own. You don't need to show bank draft to Nvc, all u just need is to provide NVC copy of police clearance certificate from Nigeria through scanning and you will now take the original copy to the interview. I have someone at the police criminal record office who works at the fingerprint session. If u are interested I can send the person number to you. Wish u all the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, onileowo said:

That means NVC gave you checklists of police clearance certificate from Nigeria. I believe if u had already submitted Cyrus police clearance certificate,  you just need only Nigeria own. You don't need to show bank draft to Nvc, all u just need is to provide NVC copy of police clearance certificate from Nigeria through scanning and you will now take the original copy to the interview. I have someone at the police criminal record office who works at the fingerprint session. If u are interested I can send the person number to you. Wish u all the best.

I was responding to your inquiry above and did not receive any checklists, nor am I filing via Nigeria.  If you were attempting to get a police certificate via the embassy, it may not satisfy the requirements.   

 

As long as it is issued by the correct signing authority, then a photocopy is fine. You don't need the receipt, just the required documentation.   All documentation sent to the NVC should be photocopies as all ORIGINALS should be brought to the interview.

 

As mentioned above, you should really read the required documentation clearly listed on the nvc website per the link provided in the previous post.  Per the NVC reciprocity information for Nigeria, they state the required document for satisfying the police certificate is as follows:

 

Quote

Document Name: Police Character Certificate

Issuing Authority: The Nigeria Police

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format:  They are typically printed on white paper with red background lettering.  Seals are inked, most often in blue, black, or purple.  Bio-data is typed in Times New Roman font. Fingerprint cards must be submitted along with the police certificate.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Central Registrar, Deputy Inspector-General “D” Dept., For Inspector-General of Police

Procedure for Obtaining: Applicants need to contact the Deputy Inspector General, Criminal Investigation Department, Nigeria Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria.  The applicant should bring information regarding their full name, place and date of birth, nationality, passport number, date and place of issuance (for current passport or passport used during applicant's stay in Nigeria), exact periods of residence in Nigeria and addresses where applicant resided. 

Certified Copies Available: No.

Alternate Documents: N/A

Exceptions: N/A

Comments: Applicants outside the country are advised that mailed requests for police certificates are not an effective method of obtaining the records. It is recommended that applicants outside Nigeria obtain a police certificate upon their next visit, or enlist the assistance of a friend or relative able to physically visit the Deputy Inspector General. Note that each applicant 16 years of age and above must also provide (1) a copy of the first three data pages of his or her passport, (2) the pages containing Nigerian visas, entry and departure stamps and (3) a complete set of fingerprints taken by the police in the district where the applicant resides. The Police Character Certificate is obtained by applying to the relevant Police Department of the Nigeria Police

 

 


NVC Process Guide for UK:  NVC Process (timelines, numbers, documents, steps)  

_______________________________________________________________________________________

TIMELINE (CR1 Spouse Visa)
USCIS Phase (Married in England September 3, 2016!)
Spoiler
  • 09-22-2016:  I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox (USPS Priority)
  • 09-25-2016:  USPS Priority delivery confirmation
  • 09-26-2016:  Priority date assigned (USC Spouse)
  • 09-28-2016:  I-797C NOA1 Email/Text received, check cashed; case sent to Nebraska Service Center
  • 10-03-2016:  I-797C NOA1 Hardcopy received
  • 02-15-2017:  Case transferred to Texas Service Center
  • 03-16-2017:  NOA2 Approval Date
  • 03-22-2017:  USCIS sent case to NVC, Case Status changed to "We sent your case to the Department of State for visa processing"
  • 03-23-2017:  NOA2 Harcdopy received

NVC Phase

Spoiler
  • 03-30-2017:  Case Received By NVC
  • 04-04-2017:  Case # and IIN Assigned (called NVC to confirm)
  • 04-05-2017:  DS-261 unlocked & completed, called NVC and reviewed over the phone (IV fee will unlock after a week)
  • 04-06-2017:  Received NVC Welcome Letter via Email, AOS Fee unlocked & paid online
  • 04-07-2017:  Called NVC again and rep stated DS 261 was not actually reviewed.  Re-reviewed DS-261
  • 04-11-2017:  Welcome Letter email received, IV Fee unlocked & paid online
  • 04-13-2017:  DS-260 unlocked
  • 04-14-2017:  DS-260 submitted
  • 04-30-2017:  Affidavit of Support/Documents sent via Fedex Priority Overnight (sent Sunday, to be delivered Tuesday)
  • 05-02-2017:  Affidavit of Support/Documents delivered to NVC
  • 05-04-2017:  Document Scan Date
  • 06-28-2017:  Checklist for Court Records (even though beneficiary has never been to court); escalated to Supervisor who requested case files
  • 07-03-2017:  CASE COMPLETE!!!  Called NVC on July 5 and representative confirmed status
  • 07-11-2017:  Case Complete email confirmation received
  • 07-13-2017:  NVC rep confirmed Interview Date assigned
  • 07-14-2017:  Email confirmation of Interview
  • 07-20-2017:  11 Week (77 day) expected Case Complete from Scan Date (5/4/2017)
  • 07-21-2017:  Appointment with General Practitioner to get all required shots and medical history
  • 08-01-2017,   1:10PM:  Immigration medical with Knighstbridge Doctors in London
  • 08-11-2017:  Medical files received by Consulate
  • 08-16-2017, 12:30PM:  Interview in London!!
  • 08-17-2017:  Visa status changed to Administrative Processing, then several hours later to "Issued"
  • 08-22-2017:  Passport with Visa delivered (paid for home delivery); paid immigration fee and added case to MyUSCIS for alerts
  • 11-18-2017:  Move date 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JessieABC said:

I was responding to your inquiry above and did not receive any checklists, nor am I filing via Nigeria.  If you were attempting to get a police certificate via the embassy, it may not satisfy the requirements.   

 

As long as it is issued by the correct signing authority, then a photocopy is fine. You don't need the receipt, just the required documentation.   All documentation sent to the NVC should be photocopies as all ORIGINALS should be brought to the interview.

 

As mentioned above, you should really read the required documentation clearly listed on the nvc website per the link provided in the previous post.  Per the NVC reciprocity information for Nigeria, they state the required document for satisfying the police certificate is as follows:

 

 

 

I attempted to get police clearance certificate through Greece embassy Abuja before where the embassy refused to grant me, I need to contacted my pastor in Greece who help me to meet lawyer. I only sent him authorization letter and the police clearance certificate was received. I believe u can get the Nigeria police clearance certificate that way since u are out of the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, onileowo said:

I attempted to get police clearance certificate through Greece embassy Abuja before where the embassy refused to grant me, I need to contacted my pastor in Greece who help me to meet lawyer. I only sent him authorization letter and the police clearance certificate was received. I believe u can get the Nigeria police clearance certificate that way since u are out of the country.

Oh sorry @onileowo!!  Thought you were the OP :) since you quoted me! 


NVC Process Guide for UK:  NVC Process (timelines, numbers, documents, steps)  

_______________________________________________________________________________________

TIMELINE (CR1 Spouse Visa)
USCIS Phase (Married in England September 3, 2016!)
Spoiler
  • 09-22-2016:  I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox (USPS Priority)
  • 09-25-2016:  USPS Priority delivery confirmation
  • 09-26-2016:  Priority date assigned (USC Spouse)
  • 09-28-2016:  I-797C NOA1 Email/Text received, check cashed; case sent to Nebraska Service Center
  • 10-03-2016:  I-797C NOA1 Hardcopy received
  • 02-15-2017:  Case transferred to Texas Service Center
  • 03-16-2017:  NOA2 Approval Date
  • 03-22-2017:  USCIS sent case to NVC, Case Status changed to "We sent your case to the Department of State for visa processing"
  • 03-23-2017:  NOA2 Harcdopy received

NVC Phase

Spoiler
  • 03-30-2017:  Case Received By NVC
  • 04-04-2017:  Case # and IIN Assigned (called NVC to confirm)
  • 04-05-2017:  DS-261 unlocked & completed, called NVC and reviewed over the phone (IV fee will unlock after a week)
  • 04-06-2017:  Received NVC Welcome Letter via Email, AOS Fee unlocked & paid online
  • 04-07-2017:  Called NVC again and rep stated DS 261 was not actually reviewed.  Re-reviewed DS-261
  • 04-11-2017:  Welcome Letter email received, IV Fee unlocked & paid online
  • 04-13-2017:  DS-260 unlocked
  • 04-14-2017:  DS-260 submitted
  • 04-30-2017:  Affidavit of Support/Documents sent via Fedex Priority Overnight (sent Sunday, to be delivered Tuesday)
  • 05-02-2017:  Affidavit of Support/Documents delivered to NVC
  • 05-04-2017:  Document Scan Date
  • 06-28-2017:  Checklist for Court Records (even though beneficiary has never been to court); escalated to Supervisor who requested case files
  • 07-03-2017:  CASE COMPLETE!!!  Called NVC on July 5 and representative confirmed status
  • 07-11-2017:  Case Complete email confirmation received
  • 07-13-2017:  NVC rep confirmed Interview Date assigned
  • 07-14-2017:  Email confirmation of Interview
  • 07-20-2017:  11 Week (77 day) expected Case Complete from Scan Date (5/4/2017)
  • 07-21-2017:  Appointment with General Practitioner to get all required shots and medical history
  • 08-01-2017,   1:10PM:  Immigration medical with Knighstbridge Doctors in London
  • 08-11-2017:  Medical files received by Consulate
  • 08-16-2017, 12:30PM:  Interview in London!!
  • 08-17-2017:  Visa status changed to Administrative Processing, then several hours later to "Issued"
  • 08-22-2017:  Passport with Visa delivered (paid for home delivery); paid immigration fee and added case to MyUSCIS for alerts
  • 11-18-2017:  Move date 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, togsonkaks said:

Hello Everyone,

 

I am a Nigerian residing in Cyprus. I am applying for a family based visa, wife is from the US. We just got a response from NVC that they need additional documents. I have been requested to get another police clearance report. This is the message I got:

 

"The Nigerian police force no longer accepts requests made through the American Embassy. Requests should be addressed to The Deputy Inspector General, Criminal Investigation Department, Nigerian Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria. Fee should be in the form of an international bank draft payable to the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Fingerprint Section, Nigerian Police Force.

The applicant's letter must state full name, place and date of birth, nationality, passport number, date and place of issuance (for current passport or passport used during applicant's stay in Nigeria), exact periods of residence in Nigeria and addresses where applicant resided. Each applicant 16 years of age and over must enclose (1) a copy of the first three data pages of his or her passport, (2) the pages containing Nigerian visas, entry and departure stamps and (3) a complete set of fingerprints taken by the police in the district where the applicant resides."

 

My questions are:

1. What are the documents that I need to send to NVC? Just the Police report and Fingerprint cards.?

2. "Fee should be in the form of an international bank draft payable to the Deputy Inspector

General of Police, Fingerprint Section, Nigerian Police Force."  Can I just ask a family member to make the payment for me? Does NVC need the Payment Receipt?

 

 

I will really appreciate if you can enlighten me more on this.

 

Look forward to hearing from you.

 

Thanks Everyone.

 

Edited by Lifeisbeautiful03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lewismicheals said:

does this relate to all nigerians that will be going through this process, or is it just relating to your case alone? 

Yes if you don't reside in Nigeria, anyone living in diaspora. Hope this helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×