3 posts in this topic

Hey. I am a green card holder, but on a conditional basis. I filed a K1 and adjusted my status through that pathway. 

I am getting ready to file my paperwork for removing the conditions of my green card. I underwent your typical biometrics for AOS

Recently, I suffered a laceration on my fingers and the doctor put quite a few stitches in my fingers. I understand that I will have scars there for life. I was using a box cutter.

My question: For my ASC biometrics appointment, will I need documents indicating my accident? Or will I need to send documents regarding the Injury to USCIS with my 751 application?

As you can understand my finger prints on those fingers will change due to scaring. I remember reading a similar question, years back during my k1 process. However, I cannot find any concrete information out there.

Thanks regards

Edited by DaveNot

On 5/16/2017 at 7:47 PM, DaveNot said:

Hey. I am a green card holder, but on a conditional basis. I filed a K1 and adjusted my status through that pathway. 

I am getting ready to file my paperwork for removing the conditions of my green card. I underwent your typical biometrics for AOS

Recently, I suffered a laceration on my fingers and the doctor put quite a few stitches in my fingers. I understand that I will have scars there for life. I was using a box cutter.

My question: For my ASC biometrics appointment, will I need documents indicating my accident? Or will I need to send documents regarding the Injury to USCIS with my 751 application?

As you can understand my finger prints on those fingers will change due to scaring. I remember reading a similar question, years back during my k1 process. However, I cannot find any concrete information out there.

Thanks regards

This happened to me a year ago when baking a cake for my husband for his birthday.. I had my fingers glued and two days later with the glue still  in tact I had my bio-metrics. I thought they wouldnt be able to do it but they did. It does ask on the form if you have lacerations but that is new ones, as they wait for it to heal.

I went for my bio metrics again this year and I do have scars from last year but it was no problem. I didn't take any paperwork with me about the  accident either, but if you want too, you can take it to the bio-metrics.  Apparently, some people, i.e surgeons according to the person who was doing my bio-metrics sometimes have problems with bio-metrics as they don't have any fingerprints left. I kid you not. The worst that can happen is you get called back for another appointment but I very much doubt that will happen!

Don't worry you should be fine. I would be worrying more about getting your documents ready.

Edited by shell20

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.