Avia

RFE- Do i need to appoint lawyer now?

2 posts in this topic

I received RFE.

I need help please. Do i need to appoint lawyer now or i should wait for uscis to interview me and then instruct lawyer?

i sent all the evidences i could. I filed waiver with spouse death but we didnt spend much time together and he passed away less than 1 year together. 

We didnot have any children. I was housewife so we had separate account which he made for me to spend. We dont have any lease deeds or mortage in both names. The only thing i can send is the 2015 tax documents to show that we filed as married filing jointly though he passed away in middle of 2015. I sent photos, 2014 tax and affidavit by 3 people. They ask for affidavits too now i dont know who to ask for more affidavits. I sent 1 affidavit from my friend, 1 husbands friend and 1 his sister. I will maybe ask my cousin sister from another state to do an affidavit for me, she met my husband and me when we were together. I have since moved to different state.

Do you think they will call me for interview since  i will be sending only my 2015 tax document and 1 affidavit and few letters addressed to me at my husbands address since we were living together and one letter to them giving explainations in response to RFE? or should i appoint some lawyer before i respond to the rfe? Please advise me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.