Lmacro

Adjustment of Status update

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anybody knows how long the waiting time for adjustmen of status case? I've had my biometric in Nov 2016 and I've read online that it takes months before they send you a follow-up letter again. Been waiting for almost 6 months so not sure if we have to call them or just wait for the letter. 

8 minutes ago, Lmacro said:

Does anybody knows how long the waiting time for adjustmen of status case? I've had my biometric in Nov 2016 and I've read online that it takes months before they send you a follow-up letter again. Been waiting for almost 6 months so not sure if we have to call them or just wait for the letter. 

I had my biometrics in June 2016 and heard nothing else until my case was approved early April. So that was a 10 month wait so unfortunately you're still within normal timeframes. Good luck!

K1 Visa (Consulate - London, UK)
October 28, 2013: I-129F sent
October 31, 2013: NOA1 (Texas)
November 20, 2013: NOA2
January 14, 2014: Packet 3 received
March 07, 2014: Packet 4 received
March 24, 2014: Interview - approved
May 06, 2014: POE Washington DC
May 22, 2014: Wedding

AOS
May 29, 2014: AOS Package sent

June 05, 2014: NOA for I-485 & I-765
July 09, 2014: Biometrics Appointment

August 12, 2014: EAD Approved

August 20, 2014: EAD Received

April 13, 2015: AOS Approved and GC in production (Interview Waived)

April 20, 2015: GC Received

ROC (Filing with Divorce Waiver)

April 14, 2016: ROC Package sent

April 18, 2016: NOA Received

June 14, 2016: Biometrics Appointment

March 31, 2017: ROC Approved (Interview Waived)

April 19, 2017: GC in production

April 21, 2017: GC mailed

April 26,2017: GC Received

Timeline

Wow! 10 months of waiting, that is a long time! The extension of my conditional visa is on Sept 2017, so by then it will 10 months also. So, did they ask for interview or just sent you the approved visa?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lmacro said:

Are You on adjustment of status ? Or are you removing conditions on your green card ? I'm confused do you have a 2 years green card already ?  

Timeline

I'm on Conditional visa for 2 years, extended for another year which I know is normal. Already applied for Adjustment of Status, had biometics done on Nov 2016 and just waiting for the follow- up letter. It's just taking a long time that we thought, so just wondering if anyone has experienced this too. 

Edited by Lmacro

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Lmacro said:

I'm on Conditional visa for 2 years, extended for another year which I know is normal. Already applied for Adjustment of Status, had biometics done on Nov 2016 and just waiting for the follow- up letter. It's just taking a long time that we thought, so just wondering if anyone has experienced this too. 

What kind of visa you hold ? You are applying for adjustment of status through marriage or employment? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.