VisaDJ

Police Report: "No Live Trace"

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys, sorry for another question...

I just got my police report back and see that I have the 'No Live Trace' entry on it. This is from an arrest that occurred approx. 10 years ago, which resulted in being released without charge.

Questions:

1) Is this anything I should worry about (I detailed the arrest in the DS-160)?

2) Should I contact the police to get some kind of report / overview of the arrest that details what happened, that I can then bring to my interview?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

It is explained best on the London website:

• Police Certificates for the United Kingdom If you have resided in the United Kingdom for 6 months or more since the age of 16, you are required to obtain a police certificate from the ACPO Criminal Records Office (ACRO).  Further information is available from their website at www.acro.police.uk.
    Note: The police certificate must list all names and aliases by which you have ever been known, e.g. maiden name, alternative spellings of names used on legal documents etc. UK police certificates are valid for 12 months only.  Failure to present all necessary and valid police certificates at the time of the interview will incur significant delays to your application.  If your UK police certificate indicates “No Live Trace,”  or “Further  Information  Stepped Down” you are required to provide complete details of the offense(s) and disposition. If you do not recall the specific details, consider obtaining a Subject Access Report so that you can provide the Consular Officer with accurate information on the day of your interview. To obtain a Subject Access Report, visit http://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx.

Order a Subject Access Report from ACRO.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

It is explained best on the London website:

• Police Certificates for the United Kingdom If you have resided in the United Kingdom for 6 months or more since the age of 16, you are required to obtain a police certificate from the ACPO Criminal Records Office (ACRO).  Further information is available from their website at www.acro.police.uk.
    Note: The police certificate must list all names and aliases by which you have ever been known, e.g. maiden name, alternative spellings of names used on legal documents etc. UK police certificates are valid for 12 months only.  Failure to present all necessary and valid police certificates at the time of the interview will incur significant delays to your application.  If your UK police certificate indicates “No Live Trace,”  or “Further  Information  Stepped Down” you are required to provide complete details of the offense(s) and disposition. If you do not recall the specific details, consider obtaining a Subject Access Report so that you can provide the Consular Officer with accurate information on the day of your interview. To obtain a Subject Access Report, visit http://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx.

Order a Subject Access Report from ACRO.

Perfect. Not sure how I managed to miss that part from the ACRO website! Thanks so much for the help - really appreciate it! :)

Timeline
4 hours ago, VisaDJ said:

Perfect. Not sure how I managed to miss that part from the ACRO website! Thanks so much for the help - really appreciate it! :)

It's on the embassy website on the immigrant visa (spouse) instructions.  It is explained better there than they explain it on the fiancé visa instructions. It applies to fiancé processing as well. Same people will interview you.

Timeline

I just called ACRO and spoke to two different people who both said that it isn't necessary to go down the Subject Access path. They put me through to someone who looked up and provided the full arrest details, that they have on system, and told me that this is sufficient for the US Visa process, and is the method most commonly used. So, basically, I just have to write this out and sign it as a sworn statement and then if the Embassy has any issues, they can contact ACRO for confirmation, using my police certificate number.

Hopefully that all sounds ok?! What do you guys think?

Timeline
6 hours ago, VisaDJ said:

I just called ACRO and spoke to two different people who both said that it isn't necessary to go down the Subject Access path. They put me through to someone who looked up and provided the full arrest details, that they have on system, and told me that this is sufficient for the US Visa process, and is the method most commonly used. So, basically, I just have to write this out and sign it as a sworn statement and then if the Embassy has any issues, they can contact ACRO for confirmation, using my police certificate number.

Hopefully that all sounds ok?! What do you guys think?

Sure. Sounds like it would work.  However consider if they saw it in writing from ACRO at your interview, they could approve you on the spot. Otherwise you might wait a little longer while they got around to checking with ACRO. If you aren't in a major rush to have the visa in hand in seven days, then you could save some money. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Sure. Sounds like it would work.  However consider if they saw it in writing from ACRO at your interview, they could approve you on the spot. Otherwise you might wait a little longer while they got around to checking with ACRO. If you aren't in a major rush to have the visa in hand in seven days, then you could save some money. 

Yes, I definitely agree that it is a risk... Problem is that they said it will take up to 40 days to send through the Subject Access Report, so either way I am likely to face a delay of some kind.

I also now have an email from ACRO, to which I had to reply and grant permission for them to answer any questions received from the Embassy.

I will apply for the SAR but if it doesn't arrive in time for my interview, I guess I'll go with the advice given by ACRO over the phone and see what happens.

My husband did one recently and took just under 1 month. HTH.

I am the USC, my husband is a UKC. IR-1 via DCF London.

3/24/2017: I-130 packet sent

3/28/2017: NOA1 date

5/19/2017: NOA2 date (received 5/25)

6/14/2017: LND number received

6/27/2017: medical booked

6/29/2017: Knightsbridge call that needs to come back for 2nd chest x-ray

6/30/2017: 2nd chest x-ray

7/3/2017: Knightsbridge call to confirm x-ray was clear

7/5/2017: interview booked - approved in principle pending receipt of medical

7/6/2017: status changed to Issued

7/09/2017: e-mail from courier that it had been received from embassy

7/10/2017: courier delivered

future:

8/8/2017: POE Denver In'tl Airport

Timeline
11 minutes ago, VisaDJ said:

Made the Subject Access request a couple of days ago, so fingers crossed it comes through in a week or two, rather than the 40 days, as stated! :) 

The online form was similar to the original Police Certificate request.

If you don't have it by interview, the other may work. But at least it is processing now and if needed, your wait will be shorter than if you didn't order until the day after the interview. 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

If you don't have it by interview, the other may work. But at least it is processing now and if needed, your wait will be shorter than if you didn't order until the day after the interview. 

Yes, agreed! Thanks for your earlier advice... Better to cover too many bases, than not enough :) 

On 5/3/2017 at 2:01 PM, VisaDJ said:

Thanks for the info. My Police Certificate came through pretty fast - approx 7 days - so I was hoping this might be the same!

Yeah those are different statutory processing times, unfortunately. ACRO certs are 10 working days, but SARs are up to 40 calendar days. Good luck.

I am the USC, my husband is a UKC. IR-1 via DCF London.

3/24/2017: I-130 packet sent

3/28/2017: NOA1 date

5/19/2017: NOA2 date (received 5/25)

6/14/2017: LND number received

6/27/2017: medical booked

6/29/2017: Knightsbridge call that needs to come back for 2nd chest x-ray

6/30/2017: 2nd chest x-ray

7/3/2017: Knightsbridge call to confirm x-ray was clear

7/5/2017: interview booked - approved in principle pending receipt of medical

7/6/2017: status changed to Issued

7/09/2017: e-mail from courier that it had been received from embassy

7/10/2017: courier delivered

future:

8/8/2017: POE Denver In'tl Airport

Timeline
40 minutes ago, aless02 said:

Yeah those are different statutory processing times, unfortunately. ACRO certs are 10 working days, but SARs are up to 40 calendar days. Good luck.

Yes, I did read that :( My interview is now booked for 14 days time, so I'm not expecting to have anything back... Who knows, miracles do occur sometimes, right?!

On 5/4/2017 at 2:53 PM, VisaDJ said:

Yes, I did read that :( My interview is now booked for 14 days time, so I'm not expecting to have anything back... Who knows, miracles do occur sometimes, right?!

Hi visaDJ .... as long as it says no live trace on your police certificate you will be ok ... they will ask you what happened though and they have options to call ACRO and ask them on the phone as well if needed. So you will be ok. If you don't mind me asking How many days did it take for you to get the interview date from the day nvc closed your case ??? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.