TimsDaisy

Teeny Tiny Victory

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
we bought a cyberhome thinking it played all regions but does not play UK (or my numerous HK) DVDs -- how do you fix that Rebecca? What is this code?

Check out that link I posted above, just search for Cyberhome. There are lots of different models.

Filed: Other Timeline

There is one minor caveat - there are no instructions as to how to change regions included with the player (but can be found with an internet search).

Not to worry, though - this is how you do it:

1. With no disc in the tray, push "Menu" "1" "9" (ignoring the "No" symbol that appears on the upper left-hand corner of the screen).

2. A menu will appear that shows in highlight the region it is set to (almost certainly Region 1). Push the "Enter" button and the region number will change. You can set it to any region (1 through 6) or to Region 0, which means it will play PAL or NTSC DVDs from all 6 DVD regions!

3. Push the "Open/Close" button to close the menu, and you're done!

To make any DVD player region free, just do a google search for DVD region free hacks or something like that. I made mine region free just by hitting a few numbers on the remote - easy peezy!

Here's an example: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

really...

whoa

the remote that comes with the DVD player!?

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
To make any DVD player region free, just do a google search for DVD region free hacks or something like that. I made mine region free just by hitting a few numbers on the remote - easy peezy!

really...

whoa

Yup! Just like magic! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow - I feel all crazy spy like right now, trying to sort this out.

Do you know if your player limits the number of times you can swap back and forth? Lovely Microsoft has stuff in the computer that gives you 5 swaps before you're stuck with the last thing you pick.

I'm very excited to start hacking the ####### outta this hear new DVD player!

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Wow - I feel all crazy spy like right now, trying to sort this out.

Do you know if your player limits the number of times you can swap back and forth? Lovely Microsoft has stuff in the computer that gives you 5 swaps before you're stuck with the last thing you pick.

I'm very excited to start hacking the ####### outta this hear new DVD player!

It you use a hack to set it to region 0, there isn't any reason to swap regions again as it will be able to play DVDs from any and every region. They do warn you that changing region encoding voids any warranty you might have, though. As if anybody cares. ;)

I've just noticed that "region" is one of those words that looks misspelled even when it isn't. Or maybe it's just me. :wacko:

***I-130***

2006-10-11 I-130 NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

***I-129F***

2006-10-23 I-129F NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

2007-04-30 Interview--Visa Approved!

2007-05-07 Gary arrives in US

208 days from filing to interview

****EAD****

2007-05-15 Sent to Chicago

2007-05-22 NOA1

2007-06-12 Biometrics

2007-09-07 approved! (115 loooooong days)

2007-09-17 card received in mail

*going through all my dvds* I have to english dvds here so I can test it!!

BUT when chris is here next week I will come back to this!! *muuuha ha haaaaaaa*

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

BUT when chris is here next week I will come back to this!! *muuuha ha haaaaaaa*

Must feel soooo good to say "When Chris is here next week" *sigh*

Can't wait till I can say that, but obviously substituting "Griff" for Chris!!! :lol:

With that said, I'm going to see Griff next week!!!! YESSSSS!!!!!!!!! :D

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

really...

whoa

*hyper ventilates* I love Jenn!! :dancing:

(It worked on mine in case you couldn't tell.....)

Must feel soooo good to say "When Chris is here next week" *sigh*

Can't wait till I can say that, but obviously substituting "Griff" for Chris!!! :lol:

With that said, I'm going to see Griff next week!!!! YESSSSS!!!!!!!!! :D

ya know darnit....I said next week....but I mean next month!! I guess I had a bit of wishful typing!But still it is nice!!

I am more jealous of you seeing Griff next week. LUCKY!

really...

whoa

*hyper ventilates* I love Jenn!! :dancing:

(It worked on mine in case you couldn't tell.....)

Okay no send me a dvd so I can try mine!@!! ;)

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.