m&n

I could be wrong but.....has there really been

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Becky, remember we are in the same boat, our interview was feb 1st... I call DOS every Friday just in case they want to make me happy with some good news... so far nothing... and yea, they told him the same thing at the interview "a month or two" but that obviously means zipo...

6/23/06- Engagement Party in Egypt

7/19/06- NOA1

10/02/06- RFE email

10/07/06- RFE received (birth certificate)

10/11/06- CSC received RFE

10/24/06- APPROVED!

10/28/06- NOA2 in mail

11/08/06- Left NVC

11/09/06- Petition arrived at Cairo Embassy

11/23/06 - Packet 3 received!!!

12/05/06- Sent in Packet 3

12/14/06- Went to Egypt

1/17/07- Came back :(

1/18/07- Packet 4!

2/1/07- Interview ! ! !

07/17/07- Finally in Hand

07/22/07 - Arrived in Dallas :)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is there anyone who has been on AP/AR (i forget which is the correct term) who's SO is NOT muslim?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
JP's fiance?

Did he go through Egypt? I thought he was from Jordan.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
i thought you were asking in general. in general, Jordan does hand out AR's.... and he is not muslim.

Oh ok. :)

Maybe it's just me though but on VJ since I joined up here I have seen women and non-muslim men fly through Cairo in particular. I really have yet to see either of those two get AR's that lasted more than a couple of weeks tops. I'm just trying to see if that's true or not.

I mean it's one thing for an embassy like Jordan to give it out to everyone...not that it's good I'm just saying at least they don't discriminate, you know what I mean?

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You girls really don't know how lucky you are to have each other....all that are going through the Cairo embassy. When I was going through this I think it was just me , Laura and Catherine and a couple others that didn't post too much. Up till Khallids interview date it was basically me on here that was a K-1 . Then Together4ever joined and we griped about the whole process with each other. The other MENA gals were great too, but sometimes it just helps more knowing there is someone else from the same embassy knowing exactly how you feel who has walked the walk. Cairo seems to blow smoke up your butt at times. Seems at times they told me what I was wanting to hear. We were told he'd have his visa in 6 weeks.....which ended up being 6 months. I do think though that Cairo's checks are very thorough, which I am happy about....just thought all the waiting was for the birds. Egypt is a very high fraud country and even though we all say "it won't happy to me," I am glad that they do these checks. I received the same blanket letter that Becky&Sam received at least 10 times. Was told his checks were done....he had his visa.....no he didn't......more checks to do. A damned roller coaster ride!

As for DOS, they really only tell you what's on that pretty computer screen in front of them. When a case goes into checks, it COULD take up to "X amount of time." I would get myself freaked out because I would call and they would tell me that the check his case was currently in "could take as long as 6 months." As hard as it is, try not to call DOS too much. I swear I gave myself ulcers calling them.

I don't know how long it takes to get an interview scheduled, but in the past it was about 3 months after packet 3 was received at the embassy. Another long wait, I know. Beleive me, I know this part sucks, I've been in your shoes. All you gals are great and you will make it through this. Soon all you gals will be looking through VJ with your hubby behind you and you will still say......CAIRO SUCKS!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
i thought you were asking in general. in general, Jordan does hand out AR's.... and he is not muslim.

Maybe it's just me though but on VJ since I joined up here I have seen women and non-muslim men fly through Cairo in particular. I really have yet to see either of those two get AR's that lasted more than a couple of weeks tops. I'm just trying to see if that's true or not.

I mean it's one thing for an embassy like Jordan to give it out to everyone...not that it's good I'm just saying at least they don't discriminate, you know what I mean?

Not true. My husband is Christian and has seemed to make no difference in time line between any one else. The only person on VJ that I have seen go quickly for their visa after interview was a girl and she got her visa in a week after the interview.

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's just soooo frustrating.....what do they spend months doing once the security checks have been cleared???? I don't understand.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

agree on the backing off the DOS. Its hard when you're in the thick of it though. It was also hard for me when I joined, there was no Regional forum, and I had an Egyptian man filing out of Montreal! I had no reference point, but up until the interview, I didnt have VJ either... i joined (as you can see on my profile) i joined on the day of our K1 refusal.

there were members who went through Cairo, but I didnt *fit* there... I also didnt *fit* with Montreal filers. I had 2 friends who had similar situations (Rspirit (F) ) and another one who proceeded to tell me I was being defrauded since we were relatively *ok* with being on AR.

at any rate, the whole thing is difficult! The friendships you make can help you tremedously through this process.

(F)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I really do appreciate the fact of knowing that we are not the only couple waiting the long wait for Cairo through each process. I know that it is slow and just have to take a DEEP BREATH and calm down. I have taken most of this roller coaster ride in stride, but for some reason right now I have just reached my point for a little MELTDOWN in patience. I'll get it together and feel better about it all soon and know that this will all be past soon. I appreciate all the others here on VJ that have been willing to share so we can all have some knowledge at least of what is happening for real with each step of the proceess instead of the BS you get from any section of the govt as far as time line.

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Timeline

Not true. My husband is Christian and has seemed to make no difference in time line between any one else. The only person on VJ that I have seen go quickly for their visa after interview was a girl and she got her visa in a week after the interview.

Ok so there goes that theory. lol. :wacko: Just trying to make sense out of this. There was a young guy who sailed through when I first joined here. I forget his name...Michael or something? I think he even failed the drug test and he still sailed through and got the visa within a week. No rhyme or reason I guess. :crying:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Ok so there goes that theory. lol. :wacko: Just trying to make sense out of this. There was a young guy who sailed through when I first joined here. I forget his name...Michael or something? I think he even failed the drug test and he still sailed through and got the visa within a week. No rhyme or reason I guess. :crying:

oh he is back and sailing through the AOS forum now ;)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I really do appreciate the fact of knowing that we are not the only couple waiting the long wait for Cairo through each process. I know that it is slow and just have to take a DEEP BREATH and calm down. I have taken most of this roller coaster ride in stride, but for some reason right now I have just reached my point for a little MELTDOWN in patience. I'll get it together and feel better about it all soon and know that this will all be past soon. I appreciate all the others here on VJ that have been willing to share so we can all have some knowledge at least of what is happening for real with each step of the proceess instead of the BS you get from any section of the govt as far as time line.

Hey....we're all allowed our occasional meltdown! :thumbs:

Somedays, I wonder if that Michael dude was for real. :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Seriously.....you've been in name check hell for over 500 days trying to adjust status???!!!

:crying:

I was talking to my dad today and he had to remind me that all of this torture I'm going through is only for a nonimmigrant visa......as if it's not obvious enough that this whole process has been psychologically draining.....I gotta keep hearing comments like ".............don't think that they're gonna give him a greencard easily."

quote name='lal_brandow' date='Apr 9 2007, 10:40 PM' post='828752']

agree on the backing off the DOS. Its hard when you're in the thick of it though. It was also hard for me when I joined, there was no Regional forum, and I had an Egyptian man filing out of Montreal! I had no reference point, but up until the interview, I didnt have VJ either... i joined (as you can see on my profile) i joined on the day of our K1 refusal.

there were members who went through Cairo, but I didnt *fit* there... I also didnt *fit* with Montreal filers. I had 2 friends who had similar situations (Rspirit (F) ) and another one who proceeded to tell me I was being defrauded since we were relatively *ok* with being on AR.

at any rate, the whole thing is difficult! The friendships you make can help you tremedously through this process.

(F)

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.