purplecate

Halp! Dutch police certificate!

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I just checked the VOG we submitted. We completed the following sections: 

1.1 (husband's info)

he signed 1.2

2.2 we checked "other purpose" and wrote "Green Card (immigrant visa IR-1) application to the USA"

2.3 checked "no"

2.5 checked "no"

I also enclosed a letter and a print out of the US Dept of State requirement of a police certificate (as reason for the request). The letter stated the following:

24 October 2016

Ministerie van Veiligheid en Justitie Dienst Justis
Postbus 20300
2500 EH Den Haag
The Netherlands

To Whom it May Concern:

Please see the enclosed Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG) application. I resided in the Netherlands from 1999 – 2003, 2005 and again from 2009 – 2011. My BSN at that time was: XXXXXXXXX.

I have initiated the visa application process for relocating to the USA (immigrant visa IR-1), and a police certificate is required from each country where I resided for over one year. I have enclosed here an excerpt from the US State Department website indicating this requirement.

I have made payment to COVOG as directed via your website. A copy of the transfer is included here. I have also enclosed a photocopy of my Irish passport for identification.

If any additional information is required, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
XXXXXXXX

3 hours ago, swe_jill said:

We had to apply for a VOG for my husband (lived in NL for 3+ years). I remember the VOG application being a bit overwhelming given it's length, but most of it can be skipped (not relevant for immigration purposes). There is an English application available here: https://www.justis.nl/binaries/Aanvraagformulier VOG NP (English) - 2.2_tcm34-84796.pdf

As mentioned above, the one page document (in Dutch) has a box at the bottom which states in English something to the effect of "person has no criminal record blah blah blah showed good conduct in the Netherlands". From application to receipt of the form I think it took around five weeks (we are in Sweden though, so a shorter post time). 

Thanks for your help! Such useful information:))

I have questions if you don't mind answering:

1. Did you print it out, filled in, and made PDF?

2. Did you receive the certificate it by email? Was it in Dutch?

(Btw, Japanese police certificate is confidential and must not be opened, I don't know about Dutch version)

I assume it will take few months for me to receive..

3 hours ago, swe_jill said:

1.1 (husband's info)

he signed 1.2

2.2 we checked "other purpose" and wrote "Green Card (immigrant visa IR-1) application to the USA"

2.3 checked "no"

2.5 checked "no"

I also enclosed a letter and a print out of the US Dept of State requirement of a police certificate (as reason for the request). The letter stated the following:

24 October 2016

Postbus 20300
2500 EH Den Haag
The Netherlands

To Whom it May Concern:

Please see the enclosed Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG) application. I resided in the Netherlands from 1999 – 2003, 2005 and again from 2009 – 2011. My BSN at that time was: XXXXXXXXX.

I have initiated the visa application process for relocating to the USA (immigrant visa IR-1), and a police certificate is required from each country where I resided for over one year. I have enclosed here an excerpt from the US State Department website indicating this requirement.

I have made payment to COVOG as directed via your website. A copy of the transfer is included here. I have also enclosed a photocopy of my Irish passport for identification.

If any additional information is required, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
XXXXXXXX

This is so helpful thank you!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cat Lee said:

Thanks for your help! Such useful information:))

I have questions if you don't mind answering:

1. Did you print it out, filled in, and made PDF?

2. Did you receive the certificate it by email? Was it in Dutch?

(Btw, Japanese police certificate is confidential and must not be opened, I don't know about Dutch version)

I assume it will take few months for me to receive..

Yes, we paid the fee online, filled in the form (pdf) online, then mailed the printed form, confirmation page from our online payment and the excerpt of the US requirement to have the certificate. We posted all of that to the Netherlands and received the form back in the post. 

I've attached the certificate we received here, plus a zoom in of the English text at the bottom. It's only one page, single sided. I opened all of the police certs we received as we had to send in photocopies. I never considered that maybe I shouldn't have done that :)

IMG_0908.thumb.JPG.95a6effcbafb08c8ce94faf033316a2d.JPG

IMG_0907.JPG

Edited by swe_jill

1 hour ago, swe_jill said:

Yes, we paid the fee online, filled in the form (pdf) online, then mailed the printed form, confirmation page from our online payment and the excerpt of the US requirement to have the certificate. We posted all of that to the Netherlands and received the form back in the post. 

I've attached the certificate we received here, plus a zoom in of the English text at the bottom. It's only one page, single sided. I opened all of the police certs we received as we had to send in photocopies. I never considered that maybe I shouldn't have done that :)

IMG_0907.JPG

Wow so so sweet of you explaining for me with detailed information! 

So... it has English sentences at the bottom, means you didn't need additional English translation for the Dutch part?

So if I get you correctly, you sent an email (digitally) with all the attachment. Then, they sent the certificate by post (not digitally)?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Cat Lee said:

Wow so so sweet of you explaining for me with detailed information! 

So... it has English sentences at the bottom, means you didn't need additional English translation for the Dutch part?

So if I get you correctly, you sent an email (digitally) with all the attachment. Then, they sent the certificate by post (not digitally)?

That's right, I didn't provide a Dutch - English translation because the summary at the bottom was provided in English. 

No, the only thing I did online was pay the fee. I sent in the application and other material in the mail, and yes, received the certificate back by mail.

2 minutes ago, swe_jill said:

That's right, I didn't provide a Dutch - English translation because the summary at the bottom was provided in English. 

No, the only thing I did online was pay the fee. I sent in the application and other material in the mail, and yes, received the certificate back by mail.

awesome :))) I will do when I get time! 

anyway, thank you so much! 

i might ask questions later on whenever i start filling the form :) but for now, have a nice day!

• 1 year later...
On 7/4/2017 at 6:34 AM, swe_jill said:

IMG_0907.JPG

Hello, 

Did the certificate without translation work out for you? 

I have received the same letter from the Netherlands and I have sent it to the NVC. Today I got a letter that says: "We cannot accept the police certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct document so we can continue to process your case." (Netherlands Police Certificate).

Not sure what to do with this :( ... plus the original document never arrived to my mail I only have copies.

You sent it to the NVC? I need this certificate for the interview process, so I didn't send it along with I129F. (Currently I'm waiting for I129F approval.)

I actually asked US embassy about this document recently, saying the document is only translated 90 percent (it include English translation on the bottom but not the complete translation). They say I still need100 percent translation so I will translate myself for the 10 percent. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Gabiraldi said:

Hello, 

Did the certificate without translation work out for you? 

I have received the same letter from the Netherlands and I have sent it to the NVC. Today I got a letter that says: "We cannot accept the police certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct document so we can continue to process your case." (Netherlands Police Certificate).

Not sure what to do with this :( ... plus the original document never arrived to my mail I only have copies.

Yes, I submitted the form exactly as received from the Netherlands, with no further translation. Many of us have problems with the NVC regarding the Dutch VOG: 

I would chase NL for the original police cert or apply for a new one, as my husband needed to show (maybe submit, I can't remember) the original at his embassy interview. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, mericancate said:

You sent it to the NVC? I need this certificate for the interview process, so I didn't send it along with I129F. (Currently I'm waiting for I129F approval.)

I actually asked US embassy about this document recently, saying the document is only translated 90 percent (it include English translation on the bottom but not the complete translation). They say I still need100 percent translation so I will translate myself for the 10 percent. 

Yes, I sent a copy to the NVC exactly as is above. I don't know if embassy requirements can vary, but this (after much back and forth...see the linked post above) was sufficient for us with the NVC and embassy in Stockholm. 

You apply for CR1 and mine is K1 so there're some differences. 

I only have information of people who dealt with the embassy in Japan. Apparently some people used to send the original to the NVC (and some of them didn't make a copy and went to the interview but got approved). Nowadays the embassy instruct people to send the copy to the NVC and bring the original to the interview. 

If I were you, I'd just call NVC and ask what to do with the situation. 

Good luck!

• 3 years later...
On 4/7/2017 at 7:54 AM, swe_jill said:

1.1 (husband's info)

he signed 1.2

2.3 checked "no"

2.5 checked "no"

24 October 2016

Postbus 20300
2500 EH Den Haag
The Netherlands

To Whom it May Concern:

Kind regards,
XXXXXXXX

Hi this was so helpful! I'm in the same situation and I do not know how to fill in 2.4 and 2.1 could you please help me ?

thank you a lot chiara !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.