mjf5240

NVC Birth Certificate

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I am in Taiwan with my wife and we have been waiting for almost 11 weeks to hear back from the NVC. Today we finally received an e-mail which stated the following:

I am sure that I submitted her birth certificate in the package with a certified translation (the same one we used for other documents). Her birth certificate is a copy of the original. I don't know what to do. I don't want to send the same document again and wait 30 days and have it get rejected yet again. Has anyone from Taiwan experienced this problem? Does anyone know what else they could be looking for aside from what I gave them? I will call the office later but I don't think they will be able to give me many answers. I also read that other people have been approved with the same document or have been told to bring the new document to their interview? Not sure why we have to go through this again. Would appreciate any feedback, thanks. 

______3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE:_______________________________________

Please submit this applicant's photocopy of the original document listed above. Each applicant must send

a photocopy of the original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the country

of birth, showing the date and place of birth, and the parentage of the alien, based upon the original

registration of birth.

Documents must be from the appropriate issuing authority. Failure to provide the correct document will

delay your case and may result in rescheduling of your interview or refusal of a visa.

The certificate must contain the following information:

Person's date of birth

Person's place of birth

Names of both parents, and

Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records

If the certificate is a photocopy of the certified original document, it must come from the issuing

government authority and it must contain annotation by the issuing authority indicating that it is an

extract from the official records.

- A baptismal certificate that contains the date and place of birth, as well as both parents names

(providing the baptism took place shortly after birth)

- An adoption decree for an adopted child

- An affidavit from a close relative, preferably the applicant's mother, stating the date and place of birth,

both parents names, and the mother's maiden name

Suitability of Documentation for Immigration Purposes:

For many countries, the U.S Department of State has established country-specific criteria for ensuring

that applicants submit documents appropriate for visa processing. Please go to our website

http://nvc.state.gov/ to determine if the U.S. Department of State has issued any country-specific

guidelines for the document requested.

All documents not in English or in the official language of the country where the visa application will be

processed must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement by

the translator which includes the following:

Translation is accurate

Translator is competent to translate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.