abeeku16

CUBA- Documents to Get marry in Cuba

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On May 10, 2017 at 7:41 PM, TatiyPablo said:

You have to have translations of all your documents and the translations have to be certified. You will need to send English and Spanish copies to the embassy, they will charge $140 for each document, including the separate translations 

I can only speak about my recent experience but I did not have to pay to have my certified translation copies legalized by the Cuban embassy. ( they were already certified translations I just needed the Cuban embassy seal and stamp for legalization) In fact they returned them to me because the money order was the wrong amount as I included a fee for every document. I had to personally go to the embassy to find out why they were returned to me initially, and that is what I was told. 

I am so happy for you and happy to hear anything current about these steps!

So just to recap here. You are saying I do NOT need a single status affidavit? Just Divorce papers, birth certificate, Spanish translations of both, all documents sent to BOTH state and federal apostille service for certification and the what is the total to Cuban embassy? $280 (2x$140) ? Thanks you for the help. I am trying to get all this done before September and can't spare the time to have documents rejected.

Also if you don't mind, what was the Cuban embassy visit like? Same day service? 

Timeline

Cedars...I was hoping to be of help to others so they wouldn't get rejected like I did by the Cuban Embassy but  now it is unclear again.  I exchanged numbers with another girl going through the same process that I met there in line at the embassy and I just called her and she said they did charge her for the translations.  She said she paid $560 for four documents. Im thinking maybe they gave me a break (I cant imagine them feeling bad for sending my docs back without explanation but I dont know why they charged her and not me..).  Everyone else online on this site seems to say to pay for translations so I would go with that or show up in person like I had to. With that said Im unsure why they rejected my docs again if that is the case.

As for  if you need the Single Status document, Im going off of the document they gave me in Cuba with the extranjero requirments to marry.  It says .... 

Servicios notariales Para las personas interesadas en contraer matrimonio en Cuba, siempre que una de ellas sea extranjera, los requisitos son: La parte extranjera: Certificado de Nacimiento o Acta de Nacimiento. Pasaporte vigente o Documento Oficial de Identidad ( Tarjeta de Embarque o Visa de Turista ) Si es soltero, certificación de Soltería 8 el documento caduca a los 6 meses de expedido ) Si es divorciado sentencia firme de divorcio o certificado de divorcio Si es viudo, certificado de matrimonio y de defunción del cónyuge Todos los documentos deben presentarse traducidos al idioma español y legalizado por el Consulado de Cuba en el país donde haya sido expedido. Los documentos de haber sido expedidos en un país donde no exista Oficina Consular cubana, deben legalizarse en un Consulado cubano radicado en un país a elección del interesado  ”.    I am taking this to mean you need the Single Status Doc  if your single but if you are divorced you need the divorce decree(s=.  I am not an attorney and I will not know until I get there if I am correct. Maybe let me know how you interpret it. 

3 minutes ago, Raulandlisa said:

Cedars...I was hoping to be of help to others so they wouldn't get rejected like I did by the Cuban Embassy but  now it is unclear again.  I exchanged numbers with another girl going through the same process that I met there in line at the embassy and I just called her and she said they did charge her for the translations.  She said she paid $560 for four documents. Im thinking maybe they gave me a break (I cant imagine them feeling bad for sending my docs back without explanation but I dont know why they charged her and not me..).  Everyone else online on this site seems to say to pay for translations so I would go with that or show up in person like I had to. With that said Im unsure why they rejected my docs again if that is the case.

As for  if you need the Single Status document, Im going off of the document they gave me in Cuba with the extranjero requirments to marry.  It says .... 

Servicios notariales Para las personas interesadas en contraer matrimonio en Cuba, siempre que una de ellas sea extranjera, los requisitos son: La parte extranjera: Certificado de Nacimiento o Acta de Nacimiento. Pasaporte vigente o Documento Oficial de Identidad ( Tarjeta de Embarque o Visa de Turista ) Si es soltero, certificación de Soltería 8 el documento caduca a los 6 meses de expedido ) Si es divorciado sentencia firme de divorcio o certificado de divorcio Si es viudo, certificado de matrimonio y de defunción del cónyuge Todos los documentos deben presentarse traducidos al idioma español y legalizado por el Consulado de Cuba en el país donde haya sido expedido. Los documentos de haber sido expedidos en un país donde no exista Oficina Consular cubana, deben legalizarse en un Consulado cubano radicado en un país a elección del interesado  ”.    I am taking this to mean you need the Single Status Doc  if your single but if you are divorced you need the divorce decree(s=.  I am not an attorney and I will not know until I get there if I am correct. Maybe let me know how you interpret it. 

I interpret it the same way now that I've read it. Did you get in and out the same day? I am going to book a flight there to be sure and need to know how long I should plan on being in Washington. 

Thanks 

Timeline

Yes, same day. Easy peasy.  I was there on Wed May 17 and did not have to wait long at all. A couple hours total.I was out by 1030 am.  Good luck. 

• 2 years later...

So I am needing to go thru the process of marrying my fiancé in Cuba. Can someone guide me please. I know I need certified Birth Certificate, divorce decree, affidavit of single. once I have all that correct me but I understood I sent them to Washington to get it Authenticated once received then I send I to the Embassy of Cuba inn Washington? Please if someone can help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 7/8/2019 at 3:27 PM, dalia78 said:

So I am needing to go thru the process of marrying my fiancé in Cuba. Can someone guide me please. I know I need certified Birth Certificate, divorce decree, affidavit of single. once I have all that correct me but I understood I sent them to Washington to get it Authenticated once received then I send I to the Embassy of Cuba inn Washington? Please if someone can help

I read on another post your fiancé got denied. What was the reason he got denied? 

@ForeverFerrer 

so in May we received the email stating his interview was June 28 he flew to Guyana but the week before he went to the embassy of US in Havana to have all documents checked. Even there the lady said you all the documents required you are set so we where positive things go good. He got to Guyana on Saturday June 22 as I had schedule his medical appointment that coming Monday. He went to his exam went to pay the Visa st Scotia bank everything good ready for Friday interview he get there second in line they call him and everything went well all questions he had all the pictures everything until when the interview guy asked if I was there in Guyana he said no so the guy said since April of 2018 she has not been to see you he said correct she and her kids where supposed to come in July but since I got the interview she decided to save the money for the trip and use it for the wedding but we are meeting in Houston with her kids. He goes again so since last April she had not been. He said no. He left and came back with a note stating it was not bonifide which means there was not enough proof we would get marry once he got here. I tried to appeal but they came back with saying no my attorney was in shock so now I have to go the route of marriage and start everything again. If I’d go back I’d do the marriage I went the fiancé due to time and $$ but now it costing me more

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.