PurplePassion

221g for ir1

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My spouse and I live in his home country for 4 years. we have a small child with each other. his interview just recently passed and he was given a 221g white slip. In the interview they told my spouse that they need to see our plans for usa. they want me to fill out job applications and submit them to them and show Domicile. Is this a normal thing? Does everyone who resides outside of country with spouse have to prove domicile? What should we do or expect about this? we are fixing to send what papers they requested next week, How long will it take for them to give us an answer or accept it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes its normal to have to show domicile.  They need to know where you will live once you move to the USA.  Many people move back in with family and have them send information on that with address.  If you have a job lined up they will want to see that as well.  If not I am assuming you have a cosponsor already.  Good luck. 

Filed: Timeline

thank you for the reply

yes my father is cosponsor

will showing airline booking be enough proof to show Im planning to go back to usa? 

-I also have voter registration

-Job applications submitted and printed,

-some job interviews set up

-2x jobs set up from my fathers company and his friends company 

-a letter stating my father will allow us to stay in his home and he will be the primary caregiver till we are stable and he will give us a job if I cannot find one

-updated passport and ssn while in spouse home country

-report of birth and passport with ssn for our child

-updated my drivers license while in spouse home country

-identity cards from spouse home country showing I didnt apply for citizenship here because we are waiting for spouse visa to go to usa

-I couldnt register my child in school (because you have to submit documents in person) but I have an application pending and she sent the papers for me to print out to show

-old school loan I kept up to date

-an old loan I paid off while in my spouse home country

Im trying to open an usa bank account now, after that should this be enough to prove domicile?

Edited by PurplePassion

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.