Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone! I have been reading this thread for almost 5 months now, infact I was still in the Philippines when I learned about this. I also did K1 visa and is happily married for 2 months now. We're about to do mine and my daughter's adjustment of status but my husband and I don't know how to do it. I told him about this site and the helpful informations I read from it but he just won't buy it saying this is not a legitimate site. I have learned from previous posters that adjustment of status requires a particular form with the vaccination record on it signed by the civil surgeon, but my husband said I don't need that since the government site didn't require anything of such.. I tried explaining to my husband that all here is based on real people doing the AOS but hard-headed as he is (although I adore him being like that), said different forms are needed in different situations.. I don't want to argue with him, but I also want to do the AOS the right way saving my husband all kinds of headaches if ever we miss something important. Pls if it's not too much to ask, can I get some info in what are the requirements for AOS and if you could advise me on how to explain to my husband that sometimes, government site don't always tell all that you need to send to them.. Thank you and pardon me for this long post.. God bless

Edited by sweetangeltheresa

AOS mailed - May 23, 2007

AOS received at Chicago lockbox - May 24, 2007

Checks cashed - May 31, 2007

NOA1 date - May 30, 2007

Receieved NOA1 in the mailbox - June 4, 200

Touched - June 5, 2007

Received biometrics appointment letter - June 8, 2007

Biometrics schedule - July 2, 2007

Touched again!!! - June 14, 2007

Received RFE letter - June 18, 2007

Mailed RFE reply - June 20, 2007

Biometrics - July 2, 2007

AOS transferred to CSC - July 20, 2007

touched - July 28, 2007

AOS card production email - August 2, 2007

Received greencard in the mail - August 9, 2007

Removal of conditions - April 20, 2009

Sent I-751 - May 6, 2009

Hello to everyone! I have been reading this thread for almost 5 months now, infact I was still in the Philippines when I learned about this. I also did K1 visa and is happily married for 2 months now. We're about to do mine and my daughter's adjustment of status but my husband and I don't know how to do it. I told him about this site and the helpful informations I read from it but he just won't buy it saying this is not a legitimate site. I have learned from previous posters that adjustment of status requires a particular form with the vaccination record on it signed by the civil surgeon, but my husband said I don't need that since the government site didn't require anything of such.. I tried explaining to my husband that all here is based on real people doing the AOS but hard-headed as he is (although I adore him being like that), said different forms are needed in different situations.. I don't want to argue with him, but I also want to do the AOS the right way saving my husband all kinds of headaches if ever we miss something important. Pls if it's not too much to ask, can I get some info in what are the requirements for AOS and if you could advise me on how to explain to my husband that sometimes, government site don't always tell all that you need to send to them.. Thank you and pardon me for this long post.. God bless

Please check out my wife's profile at the bottom of my signature block to read up on some information concerning the AOS process.

Cheers and good luck...

Sheriff Uling

p.s. - Sometimes we miss out on some of the best things in life being closed-minded, and believe me this site is a REAL as it gets. Well, they say that a hard head makes for a soft behind, which would explain why you adore him. :lol: By the by, what's your husbands solution for learning about the requirements for the AOS process? How did you accomplish the Visa stage of the process... (lawyer, friends, VJ, other research...)?

In closing, I'm glad that at least one of you are a sweet angel... :innocent:

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Have him look at the "official instructions" that come with the I-485. Look at page 3 of the instructions about half way down on the right side where it says you only have to have the vaccinations supplement rather than an entire medical exam if your visa medical is less than 1 year old.

But don't worry, if he doesn't include it, they will put the application on hold while they send you an RFE (Request for Evidence) asking that you supply it, or they will ask for it at the interview.

The interview letter will specifically request that you bring it to the interview if you haven't already submitted it.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Please check out my wife's profile at the bottom of my signature block to read up on some information concerning the AOS process.

Cheers and good luck...

Sheriff Uling

p.s. - Sometimes we miss out on some of the best things in life being closed-minded, and believe me this site is a REAL as it gets. Well, they say that a hard head makes for a soft behind, which would explain why you adore him. :lol: By the by, what's your husbands solution for learning about the requirements for the AOS process? How did you accomplish the Visa stage of the process... (lawyer, friends, VJ, other research...)?

In closing, I'm glad that at least one of you are a sweet angel... :innocent:

Thank you sheriff.. I found the guide from deputy uling's profile.. I will discuss this with him and hopefully he will listen to me. He printed the forms from the government website and called the number to ask for informations.. He said all the operator said was to refer to the instructions from the website, which worries me. We did our K1 through a dating site that assists in visa processes for a fee.. I guess it's unappropriate to mention the name.

Hopefully all goes well with our adjustment of status.. Lastly, no matter how soft his behind is, he is still my husband and I will always respect him... :yes::yes::yes:

Thanks again and God bless..

Edited by sweetangeltheresa

NOA1 date - May 30, 2007

Touched - June 5, 2007

touched - July 28, 2007

Sent I-751 - May 6, 2009

Have him look at the "official instructions" that come with the I-485. Look at page 3 of the instructions about half way down on the right side where it says you only have to have the vaccinations supplement rather than an entire medical exam if your visa medical is less than 1 year old.

But don't worry, if he doesn't include it, they will put the application on hold while they send you an RFE (Request for Evidence) asking that you supply it, or they will ask for it at the interview.

The interview letter will specifically request that you bring it to the interview if you haven't already submitted it.

Thanks john and marlene!! I will read the instructions with him again.. That lessens my worries a little bit knowing that if we ever miss sending anything, we will be given a chance to complete it..

Thanks a million and God bless you both!! :)

NOA1 date - May 30, 2007

Touched - June 5, 2007

touched - July 28, 2007

Sent I-751 - May 6, 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks thanks a lot Helen...you were a big help for me! together with the other guys here...btw, where does the interview actually takes place? is it in a small room? just you and the CO? or is it happens over the counter with mirror?

Both with the pre-interviewer and the CO-> it will be a counter with window. With the pre-interviewer, there's no seats, so you will be standing, but with the CO, there are 2 seats per counter so it is more or less relaxing... (maski mangatog tuhod, naka-upo naman)... :whistle:

To add a little....the Consul window with seats is in a small room with a door opening to enter inside the room, but no door. You are separated from the Consul in the room by a wall with a window in it and a pass-through slot for handing over documents. If you wonder if its private....ummm....nope. The applicant that is next up after you will sit in the chairs outside the open doorway and can hear what is said inside. Not that we listened or anything. :whistle:

Scott (and Mirasol)

Thanks for all the advices. I dont mind if the person next to me hears everything i said as long as i am approved when i turn my back to her...

Pls include us on your prayers...you are all great!

God is good.

chadmides interview approved.

Awesome! :dance::dance::dance:

When i received Mides text message yesterday, im so happy and cant wait to greet her for their successful interview...once again Congratulation Sistah and Chad!

:dance::dance::dance:

Jeng, Lizzie and others... we are next!

Goodluck Gracy for your interview today...cant wait to hear the good news from u!!

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

Timeline

The new interview dates are out! :dance::dance::dance:

http://203.177.135.10/ivappointment/login.asp

We have a date finally!

July 3rd is our interview date.

I wish the best of success to all!

Thank you everyone for all your kind prayers!

hi ate PW just an update...!got appointment dates now....!July 3-Medical and July 11-Interview... :dancing::)

11-07-06 Sent I-129F to TSC

11-14-06 NOA1 hardcopy Case transferred to CSC

01-29-06 Touched

02-04-07 RFE

03-28-07 Sent Respond to RFE

04-09-07 Touched

04-10-07 Approved

04-14-07 NOA2 hardcopy

04-25-07 Received email from NVC Case Forwarded to Embassy

04-30-07 Received a letter from NVC with case num MNL200761XXXX

07-03-07 Medical Schedule

07-11-07 Interview Schedule

5-16 Fria passed. Waiting on delivery now. More later,Jeff

Congrats on the approval. :thumbs:

The new interview dates are out! :dance::dance::dance:

http://203.177.135.10/ivappointment/login.asp

We have a date finally!

July 3rd is our interview date.

I wish the best of success to all!

Thank you everyone for all your kind prayers!

hi ate PW just an update...!got appointment dates now....!July 3-Medical and July 11-Interview... :dancing::)

Congrats on the interview dates!

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I can relate to your post. :)

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

07..CherylandMike...02-05-07..02-26-07..xx-xx-xx..05-16-07..2007-546xxx..Waiting to hear from you

PW,

The interview was ok. From the CO, we got was the "everything looks fine" line. There have been so many AR's ... I'll believe it's approved when they release it. BTW, Cheryl received packet 4 on May 3. I suspect they sent (another) one when she requested to pick it up at SLEC.

Mike

Mike... As you know we're in the same boat. 'Everything looks fine, wait for the visa or to hear from us'. I will not believe everything is okay until the visa is in hand. No news thus far. I tried to call the USE a few minutes ago but forgot they closed at 4:30pm. I guess we're not going to know anything until Monday at the earliest. I see Jeff & Fria were able to pickup their visa today and since we all had interviews at the same time that makes me nervous. I hope we're not on AR. :help:

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

Timeline

Hi guys, just stepped out from the car. Im happy to announce that Im approved :dance::dance: :dance:Its been a long day for us left in A.C 3:00 AM, we got done 9:45, and its 5pm now. Both consuls that interviewed us were nice. And at the end I ask if Im approved, he said "yes" and I asked him if I can show him something he replied "yes" again, I showed him Byron's medical certificate that he have a laceration on his head and bruised rib cause of the allergic reaction he have to Neproxin and he fell on the floor his head hit something hard and that I wished to finalize my travel arrangements so we can be together specially this time when he really needs a companion and so on and forth. To make the story short I'll be picking our visa next week.

After the interview I sent an sms to Ate Cora PW so we can meet up but unfortunately she wasnt feeling well. I hope your feeling better now :)

Then I treated myself at Getaway spa<I figured I need a break with all my frustrations and finally the interview was done>, pythomer treatment, its really great lost an inch on both of my thighs, arms and waist, they will measure you before the treatment then after it. I'll definitely go back in there. P2000/session.

I would like to thank everybody here with all your help and for wishing me luck. The rest of may batch you can definitely do it guys, just pray hard have faith and knowing that you got all the paperwork needed you'll be fine. I was surprised I got done early some of the applicants like the ones that have 6:30 am appointment were still there waiting, cuz of paperwork problems, wrong input, no pics etc. Really a great advantage being a member on this site, were making friends and being updated the same time.

Ate Cora pls update me :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.