Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Thanks Iya,

That is what I thought considering most can't make travel arrangements until the dreaded Delbros delivers. We are trying direct on PI airlines but way too expensive and full. China Air or Continental airlines are relative cheap.

Of course going through Guam immigration is alright because so small and all filipinos.

Thanks again.

DJ

You are correct. I recently found a cheap ticket for Lira with China Airlines. Even (God forbid) if I have to pay $30. to change the dates, it would still be cheaper than most.

hi vj'rs..!am just confused with packet 3 and 4...may i ask who will receive packet 4?is it k1 the fiance petition?and packet 3 for the K3 petition?

Edited by happyinlove

11-07-06 Sent I-129F to TSC

11-14-06 NOA1 hardcopy Case transferred to CSC

01-29-06 Touched

02-04-07 RFE

03-28-07 Sent Respond to RFE

04-09-07 Touched

04-10-07 Approved

04-14-07 NOA2 hardcopy

04-25-07 Received email from NVC Case Forwarded to Embassy

04-30-07 Received a letter from NVC with case num MNL200761XXXX

07-03-07 Medical Schedule

07-11-07 Interview Schedule

hi vj'rs..!am just confused with packet 3 and 4...may i ask who will receive packet 3?is it k1 the fiance petition?and packet 4 the K3 petition?

The Embassy will send the visa applicant a Fiance Visa Appointment Packet. there is no per se packet 3 in Manila. Some receive a letter from the Embassy when the petition is received by the Embassy. My wife did't receive the letter, so don't worry if you don't get one.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

hi vj'rs..!am just confused with packet 3 and 4...may i ask who will receive packet 3?is it k1 the fiance petition?and packet 4 the K3 petition?

The Embassy will send the visa applicant a Fiance Visa Appointment Packet. there is no per se packet 3 in Manila. Some receive a letter from the Embassy when the petition is received by the Embassy. My wife did't receive the letter, so don't worry if you don't get one.

ah okay...thnx for the clarification.got another question,did u receive a last NOA from the NVC after they have transferred the application to manila embassy for further processing?does it contain any instructions for the petitioner?

01-29-06 Touched

02-04-07 RFE

04-09-07 Touched

04-10-07 Approved

04-14-07 NOA2 hardcopy

Yes, I read these pages and I think it is clear that she can stay here if she continues with her lies. It looks to me that there is nothing that I can do about it at all. No wonder this is happening so much. These scammers are obviously being coached on how to do this. I am so discouraged now. It isn't that I was looking for vengeance, but I have just be done very wrong. Of course, maybe in my stressed out emotional state, I am jumping to conclusions. However, for some reason I just dont think this was about homesickness now, but only a greencard.

Glenn, everything is in your hands, the odds are against her. She cannot stay. If she self-petitions as an abused spouse, she needs to provide overwhelming evidence to prove abuse to meet eligibility requirements. By golly, to prove that you did everything for her, you can tell the court to read your posts in VJ. Your posts are a timeline and testament of your love, loyalty and faithfulness to her. She, on the other hand, was looking for lesbian lovers on the internet. I'm sure her self-petition (if she dares) will be denied outright as her case is a no-brainer.

The reason her relatives and friends were sending you text messages/emails of abuse and "rape" is so they can fabricate lies and provoke you into saying something that they could use against you later on. Stay cool and calm in all these and avoid contact so you avoid being provoked.

I am also sure that when she emailed you to say that she will come back, she realized then that it would be very difficult for her to adjust status and that she would be needing your help in order for her to do that. I know it's hard to say no to someone you love but you have to "read" her motivations for wanting to stay together with you. Fraud and love do not mix together.

From VJ FAQs:

Q: I entered on a K-3 visa, but the marriage is failing, can I remain in the USA?

A: The K-3 visa permits an alien, married to a U.S. citizen, to enter the United States and await approval of the I-130 immigrant petition filed by the U.S. citizen spouse. An alien that came to the USA on a K-3 visa is not eligible to change status to any other nonimmigrant status, nor may he or she adjust status to permanent residence by any means other than by way of the marriage to the US citizen petitioner/spouse

Q: I have not yet adjusted status, but my US citizen spouse has initiated divorce, will my K-3 status remain in effect for 2 years?

A: No. As a K-3, authorized stay will expire thirty days after divorce from the United States citizen petitioner.

Q: What if the petitioner/spouse refuses to file the adjustment of status application?

A: Typically, the marriage-based petition requires that the parties be in a viable marriage. But if the spouse (either an US citizen or LPR) refuses to file the adjustment of status application or withdraws the application prior to its adjudication, provided the alien meets the eligibility requirements, he or she can self-petition as an abused spouse under provisions of VAWA, without the help of the spouse. Lack of physical battery does not necessarily preclude a self-petition as an abused spouse under the very liberal immigration laws. A consultation with an immigration attorney is strongly advised.

ah okay...thnx for the clarification.got another question,did u receive a last NOA from the NVC after they have transferred the application to manila embassy for further processing?does it contain any instructions for the petitioner?

Two weeks after NOA2, your petitioner in the US will receive a letter from the Bureau of Consular Affairs (BCA) advising him that his petition is being transferred to Manila. 4-6 weeks after the BCA letter, you (the beneficiary) will receive a pre-appointment letter from the US Embassy. Then 8 weeks later, you will receive Packet 4.

Hello all, Ahhh..feels good to be genuinely happy and Gary's wifey!! (L):luv::D

Sister Luz, buti ka pa, happily married na! Ako heto, nagpa-panic because I'm planning a wedding via satellite, internet and remote control. Buti na lang I have many relatives in CA who are excited to help me plan my wedding. Last year pa sila nakapili ng gown nila samantalang ako, ni swatch ng tela, wala pa hahaha. Mas excited pa sila sa bride hehehe.

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

hi ate PW..!been following your threads since i joined VJ...thnx for that info...you could not really understand the feeling of waiting...nakaka nerbyos sobra....every time i signed in here i always got additional info's...thnx to all the Vj'rs..!!!good luck and god bless!

01-29-06 Touched

02-04-07 RFE

04-09-07 Touched

04-10-07 Approved

04-14-07 NOA2 hardcopy

Hello all! I have not received my Packet 4 and my interview is set for June 7. How long does it usually takes for it to be delivered? I'm kind of worried that it's taking kind of long for me as I've heard of one who has an interview date of June 5 (orion44) and got the packet 4 last week. Should I call St. Lukes to have it picked up there or is it too early for me to get worried? I just wanted to make sure that everything is set for my judgment day. Any helpful tips would be high appreciated. Thanks guys!

Mae *the worrywart*

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Hello all! I have not received my Packet 4 and my interview is set for June 7. How long does it usually takes for it to be delivered? I'm kind of worried that it's taking kind of long for me as I've heard of one who has an interview date of June 5 (orion44) and got the packet 4 last week. Should I call St. Lukes to have it picked up there or is it too early for me to get worried? I just wanted to make sure that everything is set for my judgment day. Any helpful tips would be high appreciated. Thanks guys!

Mae *the worrywart*

The Worrywart... (hahaha)

I would just call St. Lukes and make arrangements to pick it up there (if it's no inconvenience to you).

The USE usually sends out the Appointment Letter and Packet 4 once your appointments (medical exam and visa interview) are scheduled. Hopefully you have acquired most or all of the required documents because it's a pain in the rear. If not, [CLICK HERE] to review our modified version (our version is modified to correctly site the DS-157 Supplemental Nonimmigrant Application as the form that is validated by the bank upon paying the visa application fee).

Cheers and good luck...

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Hello all,

Got my SSN Card today after a week of filing!! :dance:

Ahhh..feels good to be genuinely happy and Gary's wifey!! (L):luv::D

Goodluck to all !! (F)

Ate...

Masaya ako for you guys... Salamat po for sharing...

Ingat po

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Hello all, Ahhh..feels good to be genuinely happy and Gary's wifey!! (L):luv::D

Sister Luz, buti ka pa, happily married na! Ako heto, nagpa-panic because I'm planning a wedding via satellite, internet and remote control. Buti na lang I have many relatives in CA who are excited to help me plan my wedding. Last year pa sila nakapili ng gown nila samantalang ako, ni swatch ng tela, wala pa hahaha. Mas excited pa sila sa bride hehehe.

Hmmm..sounds like a big and bonggang wedding huh..join kami dyan!! dont forget us to your wedding guest list ha..

Hey..dont waste time..go na to pick your wedding gown soon..hala.ang bilis ng araw noh..!!

Im sure you will be the most beautiful bride here in VJ... :thumbs:

Ingat sis.. (F)

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Hello all,

Got my SSN Card today after a week of filing!! :dance:

Ahhh..feels good to be genuinely happy and Gary's wifey!! (L):luv::D

Goodluck to all !! (F)

Ate...

Masaya ako for you guys... Salamat po for sharing...

Ingat po

Sheriff Uling

Thanks Uling,our lovable and adorable Sheriff here in VJ....Im sooo happy for you and your lovely wife also....wala pa bang baby VJ? LOL!

Ingat din poh.. (F)

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Hello everyone.....just want to know if the NBI clearance is sufficient in lieu of police clearances that one should get in places they've lived since 16 years old?......and is there a rule on what size of paper i should print the emails and chat logs?....thanks to anyone who would be kind enough to answer me :help::)

you will only need police clearances if you lived outside the Phils for more than 6 months/per country or place, if you have not lived abroad all you need is your NBI clearance. No rule on what size of paper you should use, you can use short or long coupon bonds, i printed mine on short bond paper

...thanks....i'm still waiting for NOA2 but i like to start working on some proofs i need to bring for the interview...our relationship is on its 8th year now and i'm not so sure how to go about printing emails and chat logs coz it's quite a lot....since you were kind enough to answer me i'll ask again what would you suggest i do....would it be enough to choose an email for each month for the entire 8 years?....thanks again.

Hi! It would be wise to have it all available but i don't think the CO will question much of your 8th year relationship :yes: It is a sure approval for me :thumbs: As long as all important documents are complete especially DS forms, BC, NBI, Police Cert, Ceno if applicable, I134, and other important dox in your case.

We are in our 4th year and we did prep all and we mean ALL (snail mails, emails, phone logs, etc for each year) and they only asked for 3 snail mails (original) and that's it. But as a good advise have everything available at least to cover 2-3 correspondence for each year and the most important is within the 2 year period when you applied for this petition and also include the current ones. Just be prepared with all the possible documents to support your relationship. You wouldn't know what they are going to ask until you get there. I know the whole process is stressful but you'll do great :thumbs:

Coco Puff

..thanks Coco Puff for the advice...guess i can't bring ALL of them coz it will surely be huge....i'll just take a representive for each month and see from there if i can still add more if i have to add other documents i need to bring with me.....Congratulations on your approval :thumbs: .....wish i would be as lucky :)

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Hi all! Got back here in the US @ 1am of the 29th. It was an extra long trip (45hours total, door to door) this time with a lot of long layovers since we had to re-schedule our flight and was on a waiting list.

Our POE was LAX this time and I had no trouble whatsoever going through immigration using my greencard that's in my married name and my passport that's in my maiden name. They didn't even ask for a copy of the marriage certificate. They just input your passport number in their system and I guess it verifies you. But i would still suggest bringing a copy of the marriage certificate, just to be sure.

We had 4 hrs of layover in hongkong, then another 4hrs in LA but we as we boarded the plane for our connecting flight, we were grounded for an hour because there was a dust/sand storm in Phoenix. So, when we finally got to Phoenix, the last boarding call for our connecting flight to Kansas was being announced. We had to run all the way from one concourse to another. Boy, what an experience.

Congratulations to everyone who got their interview dates, their visa approved and got married! Had a lot of catching up to do here.

PW, congrats and like what ate Luzy said, dapat invited kami! :yes::P:lol:

AOS Journey

08 Dec 06 - mailed AOS, EAD, AP

15 Dec 06 - received 3 NOA1s in the mail

23 Dec 06 - received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

29 Dec 06 - received email stating that AOS was transferred to CSC

03 Jan 07 - Biometrics appointment

09 Jan 07 - AOS & EAD touched

17 Jan 07 - AOS touched

20 Jan 07 - AOS touched

24 Jan 07 - got AOS CARD PRODUCTION email!

26 Jan 07 - got welcome email

29 Jan 07 - got approval notice email

29 Jan 07 - Green card in the mail!!!

12 Mar 07 - 1st job interview

14 Mar 07 - 1st day @ work!

Lifting of Conditions

25 Oct 08 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

31 Oct 08 - Check cashed!

03 Nov 08 - Received NOA dated 10-29-08

26 Nov 08 - Biometrics appointment - a day before we leave for the Phils, whew!

06 Jan 09 - 10yr GC approved!

10 Jan 09 - 10yr GC received

St. Luke's Medical procedure click here

Interview experience click here

CFO (PRISM) experienceclick here

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.