Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Hi guys.... Just dropping by to say hello to everybody.

I finally got my EAD at the mail last week and I'll be off on my AOS interview this coming Monday. Wish me luck pls

:thumbs:Good Luck on your AOS interview and Congrats on your EAD! :thumbs:

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

I finally got my EAD at the mail last week and I'll be off on my AOS interview this coming Monday. Wish me luck pls

Hi Gracy and Byron! Congrats on the EAD and good luck on the AOS interview. We got our email saying EAD was approved, but its not arrived here yet. Our interview isn't til Oct. 25! Hello to everyone else too!!!

Ingat!

Scott and Mirasol

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

just to confirm...TB skin test and TD shot can be done with a local doctor and not necessarily to a civil surgeon? civil surgeon is only seek for the transcription of records?

thanks.

That is correct. I had my TD shots in our city health department for free but I had to pay $25 for the TB skin test. Be sure to have these recorded. They will give you a vaccination booklet (I have one from them). Civil Surgeon is the one who will transfer all your vaccination records. I must warn you... since we came from the Philippines where we had BCG shots when we were kids, it is possible that you are positive of TB (I am) because of the anti-bodies. They might insist to have you treated so better bring your X-ray film the day that they will read the TB skin test. That way, you have a proof that you don't have TB and your lungs are healthy, according to the chest X-ray you had in the Philippines. That could save you a lot. :thumbs: Same thing with the Civil Surgeon. Some (or most) of them will insist that you do the entire medical so you have to be firm that you only need the I-693a and that you had the medical at St. Lukes and all the documents were forwarded to DHS when you turned in the yellow envelope at POE. The PE we had during K1 process is valid for 12 mos. so no need to redo the entire physical.

Good luck!

--Mae

thanks mae!

Timeline

Hi Gracy and Byron! Congrats on the EAD and good luck on the AOS interview. We got our email saying EAD was approved, but its not arrived here yet. Our interview isn't til Oct. 25! Hello to everyone else too!!!

Ingat!

Scott and Mirasol

Thanks Scott and Mirasol. I tired calling you guys but the phone was unattended, I'll try again later.

Just got back from our AOS interview, the lady who interviewed us said the greencard will be mailed in 10 days. Im really happy :dance::dance::dance:

Timeline

hi again,

on form I864-affidavit of support for AOS, in part 2 should it be my married name already?

thanks for the help =)

the opinions that i express in this website are my own and are not legal advise...thank you...

06/18/12: I-130 for parents approved

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - with MNL# assigned for both parents & agent registration (DS-3032)

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - requesting for AOS (Affidavit of Support) processing fee for $88.00

click here for my parents I-130 Journey

Ingat!

Scott and Mirasol

Thanks Scott and Mirasol. I tired calling you guys but the phone was unattended, I'll try again later.

Just got back from our AOS interview, the lady who interviewed us said the greencard will be mailed in 10 days. Im really happy :dance::dance::dance:

YAY!!!! Really happy for you both! We got your missed call yesterday and message, but it was late already. We will talk again soon. Glad to hear your good news on the interview. We got our EAD on Saturday and we're gonna be there in our interview soon too! Now you can relax for a year and a half. :)

Scott and Mirasol

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-Biometrics

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

Timeline

Thanks again Scott and Mirasol. We went in Santa Cruz and Monterey yesterday and due to over excitement I forgot to take Mirasol's #, it was too late when I remembered, was hoping to meet up with you, its beautiful where you guys live I love it.

Timeline
Hi,

just to confirm...TB skin test and TD shot can be done with a local doctor and not necessarily to a civil surgeon? civil surgeon is only seek for the transcription of records?

thanks.

That is correct. I had my TD shots in our city health department for free but I had to pay $25 for the TB skin test. Be sure to have these recorded. They will give you a vaccination booklet (I have one from them). Civil Surgeon is the one who will transfer all your vaccination records. I must warn you... since we came from the Philippines where we had BCG shots when we were kids, it is possible that you are positive of TB (I am) because of the anti-bodies. They might insist to have you treated so better bring your X-ray film the day that they will read the TB skin test. That way, you have a proof that you don't have TB and your lungs are healthy, according to the chest X-ray you had in the Philippines. That could save you a lot. :thumbs: Same thing with the Civil Surgeon. Some (or most) of them will insist that you do the entire medical so you have to be firm that you only need the I-693a and that you had the medical at St. Lukes and all the documents were forwarded to DHS when you turned in the yellow envelope at POE. The PE we had during K1 process is valid for 12 mos. so no need to redo the entire physical.

Good luck!

--Mae

thanks mae!

hi mae,

to what state are you at right now? i need to find a clinic that is free too over here in georgia...

take care.

Thanks again Scott and Mirasol. We went in Santa Cruz and Monterey yesterday and due to over excitement I forgot to take Mirasol's #, it was too late when I remembered, was hoping to meet up with you, its beautiful where you guys live I love it.

Awwww...that would have been so nice! I guess it probably happened that way for a reason anyway as I had a recent back injury this past Saturday and have been down in bed ever since. Just now starting to get up and move a bit. We would have been stuck at the house, but it still would have been nice to meet up.

Thank God for my loving wife who has been here taking care of my every need. You never realize how much you use your back muscles until it hurts so bad you can't use them. Mir has such a giving heart and she is truly the love of my life! Can't tell her enough how much I love her. :yes:

Anyways....I am sure another time will present itself to meet up with you and Byron.

Take care and God Bless you and your family.

Scott and Mirasol

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-Biometrics

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

hi again,

on form I864-affidavit of support for AOS, in part 2 should it be my married name already?

thanks for the help =)

If you are using your huasband's name as your married name. then use it on the forms when you AOS.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Congrats sis Gracy! Now you're free from Immigration BS for 21 months. Happy for you!!!

hi mae,

to what state are you at right now? i need to find a clinic that is free too over here in georgia...

take care.

I'm here in Springfield, Missouri and I got my shots for free at the City Health Dept.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

WOW congrats Sis Gracy, really happy for you!

Mine was transferred to CSC last Oct 2...hopefully no interview, i guess?!

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

Thanks Mae and Maria, hope yours will run out smoothly too.

Aren't you guys expecting yet?lol :luv: :luv: :luv:

Thanks too Gracy!

Sis if u mean expecting a baby... :crying: ...not yet! LOL

but we tried and tried, hehehe :dance:

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

Timeline

Congrats sis Gracy! Now you're free from Immigration BS for 21 months. Happy for you!!!

hi mae,

take care.

I'm here in Springfield, Missouri and I got my shots for free at the City Health Dept.

--Mae

How much is the civil surgeon fee? are all surgeons accredited by USCIS have the same fee?

thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.