Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everybody!! I have a question: Who do I call about clarification in regards to being able to file for the CR-1 visa BEFORE Gregory's eligibility to receive a visa comes around...since I originally assumed that we wouldn't even be able to apply for a visa until 2009, I hadn't given it much thought. However with this new info, I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. After all, receiving the visa (in hand) and applying for one could be construed as two different things...if so, then maybe we could start the filing process late next year...

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey everybody!! I have a question: Who do I call about clarification in regards to being able to file for the CR-1 visa BEFORE Gregory's eligibility to receive a visa comes around...since I originally assumed that we wouldn't even be able to apply for a visa until 2009, I hadn't given it much thought. However with this new info, I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. After all, receiving the visa (in hand) and applying for one could be construed as two different things...if so, then maybe we could start the filing process late next year...

You know when I read about you waiting to file for 3 years, I thought that was correct as well because of WHY he was denied. Even though many people have said file the CR-1 before that 3 years, I am still wondering.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You know when I read about you waiting to file for 3 years, I thought that was correct as well because of WHY he was denied. Even though many people have said file the CR-1 before that 3 years, I am still wondering.

Hi Belly's Girl.....

I don't think you can refile before the 3 years. When our denial came through (for the same thing)...I was going to try the other route...and spoke to 3 attorney's...and they all said that it doesn't change the outcome of the prior denial. I'm sure there are lawyers out there that will take the case for the cash....but I would be very careful. Good luck! And best wishes on the upcoming wedding!

Timeline

Hi Jilly. Where have you been?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Hey JG! Been busy. Baseball season for my son has started and work has been keeping me out of trouble. :devil:

How are you doing?

Hey JamaicaDiva!! I saw you on here.....and keep in mind...school is out soon....so we'll need to hit TOP or WH or Taste soon.

Timeline
thanks everyone guess i better get started

Hi Ms Nelly....

You a ChiTown gal too! I'm in Schaumburg! There are a quite a few from the Chicagoland area. Good luck with your journey. This site is great. Although my JA Man never made it up here (yet)....you're going to make some great connections here.

Timeline

Hey JG! Been busy. Baseball season for my son has started and work has been keeping me out of trouble. :devil:

How are you doing?

Hey JamaicaDiva!! I saw you on here.....and keep in mind...school is out soon....so we'll need to hit TOP or WH or Taste soon.

I'm good. We're good. Don't know if you saw it or not on those other sites; but Andre got his driver's license. Scariest thing ever. Scariest driver I've ever been in the car with.

Yah, busy here too. Glad to hear all is well with you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

How are you doing?

I'm good. We're good. Don't know if you saw it or not on those other sites; but Andre got his driver's license. Scariest thing ever. Scariest driver I've ever been in the car with.

ROFL!!!!!! I can't even imagine!!!! Nor do I ever want to be in St Louis again! Then again...him and I in a car regardless of where we were could be very scary. (A newly licensed Jamaican and Jilly Bean's GPS skills is a very scary thought)

Filed: Timeline

Hi Ms Nelly....

You a ChiTown gal too! I'm in Schaumburg! There are a quite a few from the Chicagoland area. Good luck with your journey. This site is great. Although my JA Man never made it up here (yet)....you're going to make some great connections here.

wow i am in palatine why ur guy never made it? and so far from what i read everyone seem real cool

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline

How are you doing?

That just made me spit Diet Pepsi all over my screen. I really do miss you, Jilly. Need to figure out when we can head back up that way. D-Rock's been asking here and there too.

ROFL!!!!!! I can't even imagine!!!! Nor do I ever want to be in St Louis again! Then again...him and I in a car regardless of where we were could be very scary. (A newly licensed Jamaican and Jilly Bean's GPS skills is a very scary thought)

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Hi Ms Nelly....

wow i am in palatine why ur guy never made it? and so far from what i read everyone seem real cool

We'll have to hit some places since you're so close. Anna/Nyseness is in Evanston and I don't get to see her much. But JamaicaDiva and I hook up a likkle bit.

My guy didn't make it b/c his visa got denied for testing positive for marijuana on his medical exam. Banned for 3 years.

Filed: Timeline

Hi Ms Nelly....

We'll have to hit some places since you're so close. Anna/Nyseness is in Evanston and I don't get to see her much. But JamaicaDiva and I hook up a likkle bit.

My guy didn't make it b/c his visa got denied for testing positive for marijuana on his medical exam. Banned for 3 years.

sorry to hear that i wouldnt mind hooking up just lt me know when and where

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline

WTH????? I replied. Let me try it again.

You just made me spit Diet Pepsi all over my computer screen with your last comment. I really do miss you, Jilly. Need to try and get up there again soon. D-Rock's been asking here and there too.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Hi Ms Nelly....

sorry to hear that i wouldnt mind hooking up just lt me know when and where

Thanks! Everyting happens for a reason. Plus...the ban is up in April 2008....time flies when your having fun.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.