theCharmedOne

Anyone here under F2B or F1 catergory?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, Anyone here that are still waiting for their petition? Our something date, I forgot what they call it, is Dec 2010 (not sure of the exact day). I am over 21 yo so this means I have to wait around 10 years for this to happen? Anyway, anyone else on the same boat as me from PH? Or at least anyone here that's done and approved already? Is it really this slow? About the F2B or F1 title, my dad filed the petition as F2B since he was a permanent resident way back, but got his citizenship last year Oct 2016. Will my category be changed automatically? 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Priority Date.

I have looked around on the USCIS website and it seems there would be a status change because of your father's U.S. citizenship, but not sure how it all works.  I kept hoping others would have replied to you by now.

This link should be a good place to start, and for sure your father should contact USCIS to verify if there are changes to your status, don't sit and wait for USCIS to notice" his USC.

https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/us_petition_for_immediate_relative

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.