ace justin

Oath ceremony did not recieved 30 days

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello question? I was approved with my interview on january 5th 2017 then i look at my uscis.dhs account it says that oath ceremony has been scheduled and will mail but on the other hand on uscis.gov i typed my reciept number its says oath ceremony has been scheduled and was sent to the mail which one is telling the truth? And i called uscis already they put me on service for someone to look at my ceremony im baffled and its february 7 already i called them alot and transferred me to a tier to but all i can do is leave a voice mail anybody has same situation im in baltimore md uscis thanks

Timeline

It change since january 17 so you mean if they really did put me on a achedule for oath its downloadable like my acceptance biometric and interview apointment i notice all of those 3 are downloadable though but my oath it just say we schedule you for oath ceremony and will mail it to you but no download option

Timeline

Thanks i called customer service already and have put service request for notice did not recieved is that enough im just waiting for someone to look at it they just put service feb 6 so i think i will wait some people get them almost 2 months its so clear that the officer told me wait 3-6 weeks or 30-90 days maybe its just me getting impatient lol thanks though

Edited by ace justin

Filed: Timeline

Two things:

Even if you have submit service request, still you can set up infopass appointment and inquire about your case. Talking in person gives much better relief than waiting for weeks. Usually it takes weeks to get the response from USCIS via mail. 

1) First theory: i think your online status says that the oath letter has been already mailed on Jan 17th, correct? if so it would be highly unlikely that the mail will take a month to deliver to your place. Either the letter has never been mailed or it got lost. Unless you want to wait, i would make Infopass appointment and find out whether the Oath letter has been mailed or not. 

2) Second theory is: your oath letter hasn't been mailed out to you yet. Some reason online status changed that the oath letter is mailed on Jan 17th. If this theory is correct, then you probably might want to wait until 6 weeks. 

Usually, if you don't receive USCIS correspondence  after 30 days of their notice, you should contact them. So you have little over a week before you go to the local service office and inquire the status of the oath letter.

Did you ask why online status says the letter has been mailed out yet your online account doesn't have the letter uploaded yet with USCIS support person? 

NOTE: I am not an attorney or Lawyer. These are my personal opinions. Please your own best judgement while making final decision. 

Timeline

Hey thanks for replying yes after a week of trying to get an infopass i got one for this friday so i guess ill get a direct answer and yes i recieve a text on the 17th of january and it says if by feb 3 i dont get it call uscis which i did and its non stop voice recording from IO that dont give me a call back and yes on my account on uscis.dhs my acceptance biometric and interview letter is downloadable but oath ceremony no download option it just says oath ceremony has been scheduled and will mail you the notice.. but on uscis.gov where you put your reciept number it says oath notice was sent so i dunno what to believe lol

Edited by ace justin

Timeline

Just an update went to info pass they said that the mail was sent is a glitch and look at my file and they say im in que for scheduling oath then after ariving home got mail for uscis from service request saying the same think that im still in que for an oath ceremony so i guess waiting is all need

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.