Lissa79

TN to Green Card Pending-Question about timeline

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I'm new so bear with me. :) 

I've been on a TN visa for 9 years and got married in June 2016. We filed for AOS on August 23, 2016. I did my Biometrics on Sept. 21 and received my combo card in November. My case in the system still says that "Your Current Status: Fingerprint Fee Was Received". I'm wondering how long it takes for that to update and if this is normal? It seems like 4 months is a long time to not update my case to Biometrics complete to whatever the next status is. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Melissa

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/23/2017 at 1:52 PM, Lissa79 said:

Hello,

I'm new so bear with me. :) 

I've been on a TN visa for 9 years and got married in June 2016. We filed for AOS on August 23, 2016. I did my Biometrics on Sept. 21 and received my combo card in November. My case in the system still says that "Your Current Status: Fingerprint Fee Was Received". I'm wondering how long it takes for that to update and if this is normal? It seems like 4 months is a long time to not update my case to Biometrics complete to whatever the next status is. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Melissa

It depends on your local office on how long you wait on your interview. All the best. I am in the similar situation. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/24/2017 at 1:30 PM, Manzan76 said:

You are still within normal timeline.  The next status update should be "interview scheduled".  Good luck!

Looking at your timeline though, it looks like you received the interview notice basically at the same time as you received your EAD/AP card. I received my card 3.5 months ago and still nothing on an interview. I suppose every case is just a little different?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was also on a TN and did an AOS. We filed in Sept 2016. I got my EAD\Advance Parole in November and than I got an interview Notice at the end of Dec for a Feb 1st interview. I think it depends on your local USCIS office and how many cases they are processing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.