brtlmj

Got my driver license!

5 posts in this topic

Well, I finally got my license - the "real one", not temporary one :) Took them over nine weeks instead of six. It expires when my GC does, so in two years I will have to fight with the DMV again... :(

Congratulations!!!

Doesnt it feel good? My Cali license arrived in the mail yesterday, I took the test two weeks ago. I am so happy to have it over and done with and the license in my purse.

Happy driving..... :dance::dance::dance:

daisy :)

Daisy, Surrey UK +++ DJ, California USA

March 2001: Dear Duck.... with kind regards, Daisy

April 2002: Our first visit, the start of many..

How blessed we are to meet and fall in love

May 2005: We marry in California

June 2005: We start the visa process

July 2005: NOA1

Jan 2006: NOA2

Apr 2006: Case complete

Apr 2006: NVC send file to London

June 2006: Church blessing in London

June 2006: Medical

June 2006: Interview

June 2006: VISA!!!!! :)))

Sept 2006: Daisy age 50 and 7/12ths moves to California... whoooohooooooo!

Removal of Conditions

June 2008: Mail package to CSC

July 2008: Biometrics Appt

October 2008: 10 year green card arrives in the mail.

Citizenship

January 2010: Apply for US citizenship.

March 2010: Oath ceremony. Citizenship complete!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husband got turned away today, they said he needs a letter stating that our AOS is pending. Did any of you have that problem? He showed his NOA1 for AOS and they said it wasn't enough. DO we have to wait for his EAD to come through?

[]

My husband got turned away today, they said he needs a letter stating that our AOS is pending. Did any of you have that problem? He showed his NOA1 for AOS and they said it wasn't enough. DO we have to wait for his EAD to come through?

I had to wait - this seems to be the official policy of the CA DMV :( Isn't is strange? Every time they change the law to make the law difficult to illegals, it's us who really suffer. Illegals just drive with no DL and uninsured...

Edited by brtlmj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.