Huu Minh

How to file I-130 for a wife and her children

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone. I am a US citizen. I am filing I-130 to bring my wife and her two children to America from a foreign country. After reading some materials, I am so confused about how to file I-130 for my wife and her children. Can anyone please help me out of these questions: Do I need to file separate form I-130 for my wife and for each of her children, or only one form I-130 for three of them? If filing separately, do I have to pay separate I-130 fee? And when mailing, do I have to mail in separate envelope for each I-130 or in the same envelope for all three I-130? It looks like I am so dump with these question, but they really bite me.

Thank you very for all your help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

yes... You should file separate i-130's for each and yes you will need to to pay for each i-130 form.  That seems to be he biggest cost i have seen so far is the first page.  Also, depending on how long you are married will determine if they will get IR or CR. More than 2 years, your spouse will get IR-1 and her Children will get IR-2.  Please note: if you want them to be permanent resident of US, you will need to do the i-130 form anyway.  if you are in not to much hurry to bring them, then for sure the i-130 form for IR/CR is the way to go instead of K-3.  

Am not sure about the payment of separate checks or a single check, but you do file all as a single packet. I have attached step by step guide to help you.  I have just started to bring my wife and her kids from Thailand so it has been alot alot of reading.  

To help you out:  Me and my wife wife have been married for 5 years.  We had no plans of returning to the US, but plans change.  I did get her a 10 Year tourist visa a couple of years ago. And from that experience,  i suggest you get everything the USCIS is asking for and nothing more ie;(try not to over think what they want). So, with that said. make a book of all your files. put section tabs to separate the information for the USCIS to find your information easily.  You do not want all your pages stuck together for the immigration officer to sit there and try to find a certain question he may have. Just make sure you have all the information required in your packet. Like you said its alot of information to read, but definitely worth it to be with your family.

Good luck to you and your family 

CR1 Spouse Visa Step-by-Step Guid...pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi Daron and Honey. I appreciate for your respond. It's very imformative. I'm totally clear of what I was confused. I will follow the I-130 instructions to file my petition. Again, thank you very much. Have a good day!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 1/17/2017 at 9:58 PM, Huu Minh said:

Hi everyone. I am a US citizen. I am filing I-130 to bring my wife and her two children to America from a foreign country. After reading some materials, I am so confused about how to file I-130 for my wife and her children. Can anyone please help me out of these questions: Do I need to file separate form I-130 for my wife and for each of her children, or only one form I-130 for three of them? If filing separately, do I have to pay separate I-130 fee? And when mailing, do I have to mail in separate envelope for each I-130 or in the same envelope for all three I-130? It looks like I am so dump with these question, but they really bite me.

Thank you very for all your help.

Separate checks in the amount $535.00 for each I-130, also don't forget to include the separate g325a biographic forms and passport size photos (1 for your wife & 1 for yourself). Children do not need the g325a, only you and your wife. 

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Question: I-130

Line 21. If filing for your spouse, give the last address at which you lived together.

I do not understand the question.  Am i filing for my my spouse?  or would it be if she filed for me?  We currently still live together in another country.  and can not add: PRESENT

So, how am i supposed to answer this question?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.